• This topic is locked

Not quite pseudo-update on hotels.

#1 User is offline   Lhos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8540

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:46 PM

I'm in no position to give an official update, so don't go taking this as one, but I recently called the Hyatt to check the status of rooms and was told that they were in the process of renegotiating their contract with ACEN. Figured I'd slap this up here so people know that SOMETHING is happening. This would also likely be the reason pre-reg isn't yet underway, website or no website.

-Lhos
EVILDOERS BEWARE! The one and only CARDBOARD ENFORCER will attend ACEN `08, ensuring the safety of all its participants. (That means don't be a dick, `cause he'll bruise you good.) Also, Ergo Proxy might make an appearance. He's shy, so it'll take some coercing, but we'll see.

Me: "I WILL EAT THE RIBS OF YOUR SPAWN'S BACKSIDE!!!"

Not me: "... dude... not only is that sick, but it's illegal..."

Me: "How the hell does Chili's stay in business?!"

#2 User is offline   Imbrium Studios 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 39

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:33 AM

I have received this same message. I booked anyways, just in case. But they made me do it at the regular extra high prices.. so any info on changes would be much appreciated so I might go and modify my reservation.
Yad M. Mui
Imbrium Studios
http://www.imbriumstudios.com

#3 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:32 AM

I don't really know if it's an "update".

It's basically the topic of the conversation of the sticky.

The Hyatt is spending $10.5 million dollars "fixing" their hotel so it "looks pretty" so we have to bare some of the cost.

It's not MAPS' fault that the Hyatt is a greedy super-hotel-power that wants all the money they can suck out of us (and MAPS). (Which, of course, enough of us are happy to pay as long as we get to stay in the "con hotel.")

If it weren't for the fact that the Hyatt will sell out anyways (because it wouldn't do any good), I'd say we should start calling their salespeople and start threatening to stay at other hotels if they don't get the ball rolling on their end.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users