• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hotels

#1 User is offline   Vega 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 652

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

I've been going to ACen with my multimedia club for a while and this year we're not staying at the Hyatt and I'm incharge of finding some hotel rates. I was wondering if the Hyatt is the only hotel giving out special rates for ACen? If there are other hotels I was wondering if I could get the names and/or the websites for them. Thanks in advance.
NEWS FLASH: Easter has been canceled this year, they found the body.

#2 User is offline   LostAnimeDad 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 997

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:40 PM

Special rates are negotiated between the con and the hotel. Once the Hyatt sells out, then there will be an overflow hotel (or maybe even more than one overflow hotel) announced with negotiated con rate(s). But not until after the Hyatt is sold out, at least by past practice, anyway.
"While some activities or objects could be simply functional, he felt that anyone who came close to achieving perfection in any activity was an artist, and the results contained the essence of beauty. But the art was as much in the activity as in the results. Works of art were not just the finished product, but the thought, the action, the process that created them." -- Jean M. Auel

#3 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8986

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:37 AM

I was wondering this myself. My friends and I stayed at the Embassy across from the Hyatt last year and we loved our room. So we wanted to go there again. But all attempts to get any information from the Embassy about convention rates have been useless. Thanks LostAnimeDad. It's useful to know that they probably wont announce a rate until the Hyatt fills up. I hate to wait on it but I guess what else can I do?

#4 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

Chibifaery said:

I was wondering this myself.  My friends and I stayed at the Embassy across from the Hyatt last year and we loved our room.  So we wanted to go there again.  But all attempts to get any information from the Embassy about convention rates have been useless.  Thanks LostAnimeDad.  It's useful to know that they probably wont announce a rate until the Hyatt fills up.  I hate to wait on it but I guess what else can I do?

FYI - We're not the only convention in the convention center on that weekend this year. I think the Embassy is the main hotel for the other convention since according to their website, they're "sold out" (aka, sold out of regular rooms, all available rooms are in a convention block).

I listed some local hotel options on this thread for anybody who's interested in seeing what's available at "regular price".

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users