Anime Central Forums: Wii's Virtual Console. Anyone Try It? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wii's Virtual Console. Anyone Try It?

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:52 PM

I havent got my Wii points yet, but I have planned on getting some games on the Virtual Console. The have some nice ol skool games on there. Anyone got any games from the VC. I also look forward to what happens on Monday!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   daakudoragon 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5343

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

Well, I don't know if there'll be anything else on top of this, but the game's being released on Monday have been announced by Nintendo. (It's not mentioned in the list exactly, but is stated in the article. Therefore, just to clarify... the original Super Mario Bros. for NES will be available on Monday! :heart: )

Taken from post by Administrator on Nintendo Forums said:

This year Santa is getting some competition from another jolly guy with a big belly and a red cap. We're talking about video game icon Mario, of course. As a special holiday surprise for Wii owners from Nintendo, the original Super Mario Bros. game for the Nintendo Entertainment System will appear in the Wii Shop Channel and be downloadable for 500 Wii Points. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points to download the game. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets.

The classic game will make Christmas morning extra special, just as it did more than two decades ago. Super Mario Bros. reigns as perhaps the best-known and most-played game on any video game system in history. More than 40.2 million copies of the game found their way into homes worldwide. In addition to Super Mario Bros., other top-notch offerings available on Dec. 25 include:
  • Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Super NES, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): This game revolutionized the fighting-game genre with characters that had unique fighting skills, speed, special moves and unique endings.

• Super Castlevania IV (Super NES, 1 player, 800 Wii Points): Simon Belmont uses his trusty whip to fight the powers of evil on his way to Dracula's Castle.

• Toe Jam & Earl (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Two fun-loving aliens crash on Earth and must find 10 pieces of their spaceship so they can get back home to Planet Funkotron.

• R-TYPE (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): This is a completely faithful port - right down to the character details - of the famous shooting-game masterpiece.

Games available on Jan. 1 include:
  • Baseball (NES, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Play nine innings of fierce sandlot competition with classic NES graphics.

• Urban Champion (NES, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Don't let the big, bad bully of the neighborhood push you around! Players fight for the right to walk the street.

In just five weeks the library of classic games available through the Wii Shop Channel has grown to 33 titles. Every Monday at 9 a.m. Pacific, Nintendo adds more classic games to the channel.

#3 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

*GOES INTO OL SKOOL OD*
Toe Jam and Earl, Street Fighter II, R-Type, Super Castlevania IV and Super Mario Bros!?

SWEET! Now I definaltey have to get my Wii Points card! I feel like a kid all over again :heart:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#4 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:07 PM

Sweet! I can't wait for Super Mario RPG for SNES to be released, since I hear in the grapevine that's on its way.

#5 User is offline   JpopJunkie 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8426

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:43 AM

If you know how to do it, then all those games can be played on a computer, psp, ds, ps3. I would assume that you can play those games on an xbox and xbox 360 as well as a gamecube. Obv you have to know how to hack your system. And yes you can play them on your tv, computer monitor, projector and even on your favorite handheld like the ds.

All full speed with sound mind you.

So tell me. Whats the point of spending money on those games anyway? I won't buy any virtual console game thats not from n64. but oh well any thoughts?

ohh...i forgot to say that they are FREE TOO!!

#6 User is offline   daakudoragon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5343

Posted 24 December 2006 - 07:57 AM

Because, how do I say it... they are legal emulations?

#7 User is offline   JpopJunkie 

• Pip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:24 PM

Emulating games you own is legal. Right now i am playing xenogears on my psp because i actually own the game.

#8 User is offline   Spike760 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6741

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

JpopJunkie said:

If you know how to do it, then all those games can be played on a computer, psp, ds, ps3. I would assume that you can play those games on an xbox and xbox 360 as well as a gamecube. Obv you have to know how to hack your system. And yes you can play them on your tv, computer monitor, projector and even on your favorite handheld like the ds.

All full speed with sound mind you.

So tell me. Whats the point of spending money on those games anyway? I won't buy any virtual console game thats not from n64. but oh well any thoughts?

ohh...i forgot to say that they are FREE TOO!!

JpopJunkie said:

Emulating games you own is legal. Right now i am playing xenogears on my psp because i actually own the game.

Ok you just contradicted yourself. Unless you like stole Xenogears, then maybe you're not. But you obviously spent money on that game if you didn't steal it, otherwise you just lied. So the virtual console is good for games you don't own. Or especially if you don't have the consoles, like I sold my SEGA Genesis a long time ago, but I had Toe Jam & Earl, that game was awesome, I'll probably get that from the Virtual Console! xD

#9 User is offline   JpopJunkie 

• Pip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

Ok well i didn't contradict myself. Emulators are legal if you own the game. Some emulators require the bios which is illegal. Playing games you don't own is illegal.

I am not going to argue because i am right. Waste your money on legal ****. i really don't care. I am not blamming you. You are doing the right thing. Buying games that are like 20 years old makes complete sense. Why download them illegally for free when you can support nintendo and buy the same game for 800 wii points. I see your logic.

#10 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:22 PM

LOOK. Stop dissing each other on whether emulators are right or wrong or whether buying the point card is pointless or not. I have a point card because I love playing classic games tha I never got to play as a kid and some games that I rememberd playing with my sister. Its all about our love for games. If you have Xenogears on your psp that all good. I have a point card and im happy with it. I really dont care what method is used to get them just as long as it makes you and me happy. I dont care about money or downloading it for free. Im just happy to have a ol skool game in my hands that me and my sis can play. I got gunstar heroes and im having a blast!

No matter how you do it, there is no right or wrong way. Thats just how I feel about this.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#11 User is offline   JpopJunkie 

• Pip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:46 PM

excel excel said:

LOOK. Stop dissing each other on whether emulators are right or wrong or whether buying the point card is pointless or not. I have a point card because I love playing classic games tha I never got to play as a kid and some games that I rememberd playing with my sister. Its all about our love for games. If you have Xenogears on your psp that all good. I have a point card and im happy with it. I really dont care what method is used to get them just as long as it makes you and me happy. I dont care about money or downloading it for free. Im just happy to have a ol skool game in my hands that me and my sis can play. I got gunstar heroes and im having a blast!

No matter how you do it, there is no right or wrong way. Thats just how I feel about this.

I love you foxxy. this is andrew fyi aka quickkill. Anyway i am happy your enjoying it. However like i did say you could have been enjoying these classic games on your favorite console like 4 years ago. basically every console has snes emulator, even gameboy advance. So instead of waiting for your favorite game to come out. take the bull by the horns and learn how to do it with other means. I guess the nintendo virtual console is good for people who aren't that knowledgable with a computer or with emulators. Almost like how sony tried to sell a program that could transcode your movies to psp formatt when a free program already existed that did the same thing. Oh well

Hope your enjoying christmas.

#12 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

LOL! OMG ITS YOU! Hey! Good to know thats its you on the acen forum!
*glomps jpop junkie* Nice to see you!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users