• This topic is locked

Anime Deal or No Deal

#1 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:14 PM

Obviously, the game show organizers wouldn't be giving out a million dollars, but otherwise the rules would be pretty much the same. Here's a brief rundown of my idea:

1. Show organizers will audition both the contestants and the models earlier in the day of the show.
2. Models will be female cosplayers (of any anime or manga), and uniformity is not important.
3. Instead of money, organizers will give out prizes equivalent to increasing dollar amounts (i.e. $1, $5, $10, etc.), with the top prize worth $1000.
4. To avoid trademark/copyright infringement, we could use the Japanese name of Deal or No Deal, and perhaps convert the dollar amounts into yen.
5. If the contestant accepts a dollar/yen amount offered by the banker, the organizers will round it up to the next closest board amount when handing out the prize.

So, what do you think? If anyone from the programming staff is interested in this, I can submit a more detailed proposal via PM.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#2 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

I'd be interested in it. But I'd be more interested if we weren't fronting that kind of money. The event is really fun, I watch it on TV a lot, it's just can you really put an equivilent in anime? probably not. I'd be glad to see a proposal in my inbox about this.
The only way I see it working is by getting some form of corporate sponsorship...
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#3 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 25 November 2006 - 07:01 PM

Instead of cash you could play for dealer dollars good at any booth in the dealer's room.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#4 User is offline   GeneralNacho 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7460

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:34 PM

Different prizes could be used instead of cash, different mangas and DVDs of varying values. The top prize would be a fan favorite, you know from a show like Fullmetal Alchemist, maybe something signed by some of the cast members depending who is at th convention.

The problem would be making it all work. How would you get enough people to hold the briefcases? And if you used a computer program, would there be too many glitches.

If you could make it work it could be really cool though,

#5 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:45 PM

hmmm this would be an excellent Idea... especially if you could get a company to sponsor it.

I'm sure a lot of people would come to see it and the company could have a big sign throughout the entire game. You could mention "Anime Deal or No Deal Sponsored by...." The hard thing would really be getting a company. There would be a lot of oportunities though, they could give out t-shirts for the company instead of the $25 or something advertising their company for the low amounts. Then the higher ones would be anime, manga, such and such. It'd be big publicity for said company. Maybe they could find someone to sponsor it.

I'm sure tons of girls in cosplay would be willing to stand there and open a case. I know I would. It'd be easy and amusing. Plus you'd be more involved in the game than just watching it.

To be a contestant could be a drawing too. That'd be cool. Buy tickets and the person (or couple of people) chosen from the random drawing get to be contestants.

Just some random ideas. Heh.

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users