Anime Central Forums: Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread

#91 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:00 AM

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only person worried about the fact that pre-reg is opening later.

My sister in law offered to book my room and pay for the registration fee as a Christmas Present for me. We've both been checking the site over and over and over and yet... not open yet. It's worrying both of us.

*crosses fingers*

Let's just hope it comes out soon and everything goes smoothly. ^_^

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

#92 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

RaDragon76 said:

I thought pre-reg was really late this year. I remember it being earlier last year though I didn't take advantage of the first tier then. I was hoping to be able to get regged and make hotel reservations already. If they are intending to mail badges this year then they really need to get a move on with the pre-reg. There will only be more room for mistakes and mis-mailed badges if they wait much longer. I'm not trying to badmouth anyone here I'm just cursed with being an uber organized person who gets annoyed with people who appear not to be.

I have to agree with you here... I just got a new job (my first one of those "career" type things, not just a college job, *glee*). Thing is, it's at a news station, I work primarily weekends, and I have to request time off at least a month in advance.

If pre-reg rates are ramped up before we even have a chance to reg, I won't be going (we still have the limited college student budget)... but I'm going to need to know fairly soon if I want to request the dates off. It would suck to request them off only to find out we couldn't go... and it would suck to find out that pre-reg is still low even though it's late, and find out that I could have gone if only I had planned better.

*le sigh*
I guess all we can do it be patient... but I'm totally not good at that!

#93 User is offline   In Silico 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4720

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:00 PM

:confused: Just out of curiosity, are you going to do the Express Reg again this year as well? That was the one where you get a confirmation number via email, and then you just pay at-con instead of sending money. Sorta like half-pre-registering.

I hate mailable money(cash/checks/mo's :( ) and would only consider pre-paying if there was a Credit Card option for pre-reg, but last year's Express Reg rocked - it was probably one of the fastest(if not THE fastest) way to get your badge.

I am a little leery of having you send the badges, but if it doesn't get to us in time I'm sure ACEN isn't going to leave us high and dry, and they'll have some sort of backup plan.

-Rob / IS
~~へ へ~~
\__/\___/

#94 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5347

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:48 AM

I am still waiting for pre reg to open. I checked the other site and it is empty. Does anyone know when pre reg opens? Also any word on the con rates at the hotel?

#95 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5347

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:52 AM

As far as I knw and as long asI have been going to ACEn, they never had the credit card option. I would think theyt have express reg. They had it last yrear at the con so i would think they would but you have to wait to get to the con.

#96 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5441

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

They haven't announced pre-reg nor the hotel rates yet. I heard from a staffer that might have more information on hotel rates by mid-January but I've heard nothing from the anyone in registration about when pre-reg might open.

#97 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

Wow, that's really late compared to years past. I remember last year, the suites were sold out in mid-November, and the rates had been up for awhile then. :confused:
"You think so too, right?"

#98 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5441

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:19 PM

It would be helpful if someone on the registration staff would post what is causing the delay in setting up online registration. I already know why the room rates aren't posted yet but it would be nice to know what the holdup with reg is. People would stop being so antsy if there was an explanation for the delay posted somewhere.

#99 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 29 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

RaDragon76 said:

It would be helpful if someone on the registration staff would post what is causing the delay in setting up online registration. I already know why the room rates aren't posted yet but it would be nice to know what the holdup with reg is. People would stop being so antsy if there was an explanation for the delay posted somewhere.

I second that motion.

Although I'm sure they're all busy. It would be very helpful if there was some sort of update about pre-reg. It would definately help calm some nerves about ACen.

*nods*

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

#100 User is offline   Jessica 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 2234

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

*cries* :P

#101 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:16 AM

I could try keepin in touch with the Badge Registration dept. since I know most of the people in that section. Even though I'm not a staffer, I do talk to them. As for the pre-reg situation, yeah it's a little scare for us because of the mailing system. It does kinda get draggy when you need to sit in line for 3 hours, unless you're in the right group of people. Plus, sadly, this past years' express line went way faster than the pre-reg. Hopefully ACen won't screw something up, especially this is their 10th Anniversary. Who knows? Just try to relax and be patient. If they screw up, then yes, we have the right yell at them. ;)
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#102 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 30 December 2006 - 09:24 AM

I second the motion as well. It's only 4 1/2 months away. No pre-reg yet, but they plan on mailing badges. Some sort of official word besides "be patient" and "you're paranoid" would be great at this point.

#103 User is offline   shirree shirra 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6285

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

RaDragon76 said:

thirded. *lawlz, do i hear a petition for an explanation in order? XP*
If I become any more "open minded," my brains will fall out.

#104 User is offline   shirree shirra 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6285

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:14 PM

Jessica said:

*cries* :P

wait, you joined in '04 and this is your first post?
If I become any more "open minded," my brains will fall out.

#105 User is offline   GDD 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1425

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

shirree shirra said:

thirded.  *lawlz, do i hear a petition for an explanation in order? XP*

If you get a petition going, I'd sign it.

Its amazing that the con is 5 months away, and there seems to be an eerie silence on all fronts. (Guest Relations, Volunteering, Registration, etc.) The website is not updated, and information is non exsistant.

I don't want to come off as whining, but I would like to hear something. Anything.

DD

#106 User is offline   Shadow Dragon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8901

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:14 AM

I myself went with express reg last year, but my brother went with pre-reg and had no problems with getting things before the convention. I also feel that mailing the badges would be a great idea, as long as it's optional and there is some way to get another if yours gets lost in the mail.
Cosplay
2006: Alucard (Hellsing) -
2007: Envy (FMA), and an original
2008: Misa (Death Note), and Envy - 2009: Princess Ai and Misa2010: Utena - 2011: Utena and American Mcgee's Alice2012: Alice and Shin (Nana)

#107 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:14 AM

*sigh*

I just wish they'd release the dates for pre-reg... let us all know... and though I will pay the later fee, I will not be happy at all with that...
and if they are planning to discontinue pre-reg, that is a horrible, horrible idea and they will lose a lot of people going to the con that way. I am sure a lot of long distance fans may not even show up now because of the delay in pre-reg. :(

I say we keep this thread alive, that way one of the staff for registration or anyone who knows what the fudge is going can help us out.
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-

#108 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:47 AM

If they plan on mailing badges out, they'd better get a move-on.

I mean, last year, I didn't even get my e-mail confirmation. I just had to go there and hope. *points a couple threads down* It would appear problems like this are already happening.

I agree with whoever said that it'd be easier to wait if we knew WHY this was taking this long. Since I started going to ACEN, it's never been this late.

And for the sake of work and planning, I NEED to know by mid-January what the rates are. I'm also planning trips to San Diego Comic-Con and PAX this year... Comic-Con isn't until late July, and you can already pre-reg for it. I know it's a bigger event... but honestly, I shouldn't already be set for a con in July and still have absolutely no clue about one in mid-May.

I hate to sound testy, I hate to sound whiny... but it'd be a really good idea if each of the departments had a specified "liason" whose job was to let people know what in the world is going on.

#109 User is offline   PepeluTivursky 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8314

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

I don't think you all are being whiny. This is just piss poor management, if you ask me.
I've never been to ACen. I've only ever been to a local convention in my area so I've been looking forward to getting a chance to go to one of the bigger cons out there.
But seriously? What kind of impression do you think first timers are getting now?

#110 User is offline   Disco_Raptor 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8797

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:58 AM

I need to know the group rates soon, since I've got 6 other people going with me. Does anyone know what they were last year, or if they had them last year? Just so I can get a general idea of how much we'd be paying, dividing the cost between us. Is there a group rate for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?
I've only been to one other con (Youmacon) and that one was rather small, and I've been so excited since figuring if I plan everything right, I can make this one.
Acen 2008 Cosplay plans:
Songstress Yuna
Gambler Yuna
Twilight Princess Zelda
Lock Zombie (rave)
myspace

#111 User is offline   Cuddles116 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7378

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Disco_Raptor said:

I need to know the group rates soon, since I've got 6 other people going with me. Does anyone know what they were last year, or if they had them last year? Just so I can get a general idea of how much we'd be paying, dividing the cost between us. Is there a group rate for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?

I am also waiting for the group rates to be announced and am more than a little pissed off that this hasn't been addressed at all other than it is being discussed whereas general admission prices were posted a long time ago. Registration and everyone else (LIKE THOSE WORKING ON THE WEBSITE!)NEEDS TO GET ON THE BALL! This is suppose to be a big year for Acen and it is more unorganized and behind schedule than it has ever been. Was it completely necessary to take ALL the old information the site use to have down!? Honestly a new web design isn't even close to being worth this. It is completely disappointing to practicly check the site daily to see what's going on FOR THE LAST SEVEN MONTHS and still only know that it is at the Hyatt on Mother's Day weekend and that's it. Would it break someone's fingers who actually knows something to quickly post currently this this and this is going on but here's what we know for sure? I'm sick of being told to be patient since I have been for more than a half of year and now I am nothing but worried that the hotel is going to have dust everywhere, that my badge isn't going to be mailed in time and I won't be able to get in, and that a lot of people that would have gone aren't going to because of this halfassed management that is concentrating on the wrong things, yes new things would be cool, so would lining up like a ton of acts, BUT all that old basic stuff like location, times, guidlines, registration since there are going to be THOUSANDS of people registering, etc should be done first. Anyway sorry about the rant just really annoyed that something that is going to cost me overall about $600 is this behind.

Anyway getting back on topic, I believe last year the group rate was for groups of 10 or more and that since you had to preregister you could only apply for the 3 day pass anyway. I think the group I was in last year paid $38 a person but I don't remember what price tier we fell into, I think we missed the first one and hit the second but I could be wrong.
JenFur
Toxic Kiwi Wig/Prop Commissions
Anime Central 2011
. . Fri - Scanty (w/ Brief)- Panty & Stocking
. . Sat - Panty (w/ Brief)- Panty & StockingHalloween 2011 - Alice - Resident Evil Afterlife
Pictures - ACEN Aftershock, ACEN 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, Reactor 2009, 2007, [size=2]2006

#112 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

Oh, boy people are getting antsy.And well, I can't blame any of you for being such. This is moving terribly slow, and something should be up by now. I hope they do something soon. Or I won't be able to go. T_T

#113 User is offline   Li Syaoran 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4311

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

Like others here, this creeps me out a little, not seeing any means to pre-reg yet. Last year (2006), I had this done with by mid-January, and here we are, January 1, 2007 already. Yeowch!

Someone, get on the ball, and fast! The month of May will be here before we all know it.
~ Anime Cheesehead since 1996 ~
(12 Years and Still Going...)
Gateway anime: Dragonball (1995 dub version) / Samurai Pizza Cats
-----
Going 'Back In That Same Old Place - Sweet Home, Chicago"
ACen'10: May 14-16 @ Rosemont (Chicago) IL
~~Cosplays~~
Friday: Ryuuki Shi (Saiunkoku Monogatari) (New for '10)
Saturday: Hakuoro (Utawarerumono) (from '08)

For Next Year: Romeo (Romeo x Juliet)

#114 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:33 PM

... I am in totally agreement with Cuddles... if I find the person in charge of registration, I am definitely going to PM them.
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-

#115 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

I'm getting worried too. I'm not worried about the hotel, but the prereg. is bothering me. >< Especially if it is going to be mailed. >< My post office is slow... I might just have it mailed to my mom's work office. (I work there as well, but I might not when that rolls around.) Anyway, I hope it's up soon.

#116 User is offline   GDD 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1425

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

Cherry_Wolf said:

... I am in totally agreement with Cuddles... if I find the person in charge of registration, I am definitely going to PM them.

FrenziedFury is the forum ID for the Registration DH. But, they have not been online since October. I don't know whats goin on, but if he hasn't been online since October, that means all this talking here is falling on deaf ears since they aren't looking to see whats going on.

DD

#117 User is offline   kaoru_myaku_kyo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3359

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

First I'd like to say that I'm not one to complain, and I never have complained before in my many years attending Anime Central, but I will say that I know at the very least, 18 people who are all saying they are either not attending ACen ever again including this year, and most saying they will not attend after this year, all because of the 'half-assed' management. I'm only repeating what they are saying, so sorry if that comes off as offensive. I have to admit though, I really agree with them. I don't know if I'm considering not going, because I'm limited with what cons I can go to, as alot of people are, but this is really ridiculous. The management is making foolish mistakes and procrastinating, all the while losing MANY paying customers, both exhibitors and attendees in general.

I mean, I alone know 18 people who are saying they are not going; can you imagine all other people that I don't know about, that are not attending? I mean, if I were running this show, which I'm not, of course, I would definitely be on track about these things, at least allowing pre-registration, even if the hotel rates are not yet out. For those who are extremely dedicated to the con-life, cosplaying, distributing at the Artist Alley, etc, this is a really scary deal. People aren't sure if they're going to be able to attend, if they'll have the money for it...

I would think that the staff would be extremely precise and early to start their procedures, being that this is ACen's 10th anniversary, but they're doing nothing at all, as if it's some random year that shouldn't be made a fuss out of. Last year was nothing to gawk at, and so I'm sure attendees are hoping for a much better year, and now not seeing pre-results, it's really discouraging. This comment could go unnoticed and be rather pointless, but I don't know. I figured it'd be important for the staff to know that continuously telling people 'be patient' is only getting them irritated and that they are losing alot of money because of this slack-off.

I'm personally only going to cosplay. I tend to meet some nice friends each time I go, but still...it'd be nice to attend a con that has that value, along with excellent panels, precise rates and schedules, and yes, a GOOD MANAGEMENT. I went to Anime Weekend Atlanta that is only....about 2 or 3 years older than ACen? It was wonderful. Considerably smaller than ACen, yes, but it was the most fun I've ever had at a convention. But yeah...there's my comment, I guess.
Anime Central 2012 COSPLAY

Friday: Chrono of Chrno Crusade
Saturday: Allen Walker of D.Gray-Man
Sunday: Soul Eater Evans of Soul Eater

#118 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

Has anybody considered that there might be things happening in the life of the head of Registartion that requires their attention.

Seriously people, staff members have lives outside of the convention. Sometime that life has to take proitority over the convention.

Edit: Just briefly talked to the head of Reg over IRC. He has moved recently and this is making it diffifcult for him to get access to the net and other necessary tools to open Pre-Reg.
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#119 User is offline   Calliel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7181

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:55 PM

I think we all understand this, kahad, and no one is trying to be insensitive. But this is an event that attracts over 10,000 people--it cannot realistically depend on the life status of one or two. If the people in charge are having trouble getting things done, they need to find trustworthy others who can help them.

Please understand that a lot of us, such as artists and cosplayers, have a very great deal of time and money invested in ACen, and we all love it, and are just concerned at the slow pace.

#120 User is offline   khenemetset 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5454

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

I agree with Calliel here. I think there needs to be more people in charge of various things or at least something that the duty can fall back to. We all understand that real life is more important. However, isn't the convention and maintaining a positive image over all just as important if not to the individual then to the head honchos?

And if the head of registration has moved...what's the honest chance of them being able to be organized enough to fulfill their duties? Not to mention being able to mail badges out (if that would fall under their jurisdiction too)?

Someone else needs to be found if only temporarily for his/her post untill they can take over responsibility.

And honstly it's not JUST registration that isn't communcating with the masses. It's pretty much the entire con staff and the heads of various departments.

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users