Anime Central Forums: Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread

#271 User is offline   ninamori 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4046

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:54 PM

ok, i hate how huge this forum is. i have a question and hopefully this is the place to get it answered. is it possible to pick up badges thursday? if so when and where. will there be enough badge holders this year or do i have to bring my own? thanks to anyone who can help.

#272 User is offline   arina_shirakawa 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 81

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

View Postninamori, on Mar 12 2007, 03:54 AM, said:

ok, i hate how huge this forum is. i have a question and hopefully this is the place to get it answered. is it possible to pick up badges thursday? if so when and where. will there be enough badge holders this year or do i have to bring my own? thanks to anyone who can help.

Note this is true for the past "n" years on ACen, is that reg allows you to pick up your badge on Thursaday around the evening times, naming 6pm to 9pm or so. Though I can't really tell you if it'll be the same this year, I doubt they will change this trend. =)

Arina Shirakawa (and don't take it as my real name, lol :p ) Registration Staff 2003-2004/ Production/ Semi -Registration Staff 2005

Cheesy with my Cutie Since Dec 14, 2005 <3

Gonna try to get a table @ Artist Alley in 09~ Come Visit me <3

http://arina-shirakawa.deviantart.com

#273 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

I think I answered this somewhere else too, ya... it's big.. but if gets the job done.

There will be Thursday pickup. There will be badgeholders (I think we planned for 15,000) yes the will fit. I think we'll probably still sell special badgeholders at merch.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#274 User is offline   ninamori 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4046

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:02 AM

what time exactly? i never came thursday so i don't know.

#275 User is offline   Rain-san 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6940

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:40 PM

does anyone have any idea at all when the details on the 10th anniversary badges are coming out? the con's only a couple months away, and if I'm going to spend an extra five dollars on this oh-so-wonderful badge, I'd like to know what I'm spending my money on.

#276 User is offline   Voltron_Yellow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8273

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:18 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you to the Acen people.

There's alot of complaining, questioning and more done on these forums, this one in particular. :rolleyes:

I'm sure all of you have a lot of work to do and much more besides Acen. Since you probably don't get paid major bucks for this and a fair amount is probably volunteer work, I just wanted to say I appreciate your efforts and again thank you.

#277 User is offline   aftercon 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9831

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:20 AM

Um, it's still the 24th here in AZ. But why is the reg saying I have to pay $45. What is going on? Ahh crap. When giving date deadlines, it's supposed to be after the date. ><

The deadline is March 25th. ><

Can someone explain this.

#278 User is offline   GrinningCat 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5861

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

When I go to print the Payment Form for my group, all the members in my group have changed to the same last name, and the Tier registration deadline dates have not changed..Would this affect anything?
Also all things must be postmarked by today for the 1st Tier prices, but today is Sunday, and there is no mail on Sunday, right?..We had to wait till the last minute to register because some members of the group weren't positive if they could register or not..but if I dropped the letter in the post office today, would it be post marked by 25? :( *doesn't know much about the american postal system*
So sad the group payments couldn't be made online, not even with Paypal?

#279 User is offline   GrinninCheshire 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8646

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

Ok, my quick question just to make sure, I have sent in my pre-reg and the money, when I check my registration status it says 'submitted,' that means that everything is all good for me, right?
(As in, my money was taken and they will mail my badge when the time comes.)
'back in the day, if a shirt is off in the anime...the real fight is starting.'

"Does it make ice cream?"
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Steam ID: Derpaderp

#280 User is offline   isis9875 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10023

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:42 PM

I wanted to pay for my group today online. But it seems that I can't get in to administer my group...three people have signed up for it today, but I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, and since I couldn't log in, I couldn't accept them into the group. I had tried going to the page; http://www.acen.org/...ation/group.php and I entered my info, but when I click submit, the info is just cleared and it doesn't go anywhere. Also, when I logged in to see who was in my group, it had said that registration status was complete for everyone, even someone who I had not even accepted into the group. Not to mention, they all had somehow been given my last name. Today is the last day to make payments, and I don't think its safe to register their name since their IDs won't match when they go to pick them up at the convention. I understand that we are probably going to miss the first tier...but could you help me to figure out how to fix my group? My group number is QC-047. Thanks!

#281 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

I know this is going to sound pretty lame,
but how do you check to see if your registration information was recieved?
I sent mine in just after registration opened
I sent it in the mail
But I haven't gotten anything mailed back
I just want to make sure it didn't get lost in the mail or something

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

#282 User is offline   Obsessed_w/KH13 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7305

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:18 PM

man i can't wait!!!!!
>_<
KINGDOM HEARTS OBSESSION WOOT WOOOT
-------------~~~~~~*****************~~~~~~~~~~-----------
FO EVA FEAR DUH DUCT TAPE COSPLAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!
SORA!SORA!SORA!SORA! YAYAYAYAYA
MUAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
=_=;;
^_^
;_;
>_<

#283 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:43 AM

:huh: Are there alot of people who register at the con for the next years con? :P
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#284 User is offline   Androgynous 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 514

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

View PostGrinninCheshire, on Mar 25 2007, 08:00 PM, said:

Ok, my quick question just to make sure, I have sent in my pre-reg and the money, when I check my registration status it says 'submitted,' that means that everything is all good for me, right?
(As in, my money was taken and they will mail my badge when the time comes.)

Nope. If money was taken from your account, your status would have said "Completed." Submitted means they have the registration info, just not the money yet.

#285 User is offline   GrinninCheshire 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8646

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:59 PM

View PostAndrogynous, on Mar 31 2007, 04:41 PM, said:

Nope. If money was taken from your account, your status would have said "Completed." Submitted means they have the registration info, just not the money yet.

Well, thanks for that, I guess I have to find out what has happened, I sent in my check sometime in February.
'back in the day, if a shirt is off in the anime...the real fight is starting.'

"Does it make ice cream?"
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Steam ID: Derpaderp

#286 User is offline   Hyexz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10274

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

OKies

My sister and I have registered offline at the same times in years past, and have received confirmation letters at the same time as well. This year, however, we did the same thing, only she got hers, and I havenít gotten mine as of yet. Both of the checks have been cashed, but I'm still short my confirmation. Looking at this rationally, I'm thinking that maybe the check got lost in the mail, or the Acen personnel are overwhelmed with work, and haven't gotten to it yet, or maybe my e-mail sponsor put it in the letter in the junk mail section, and it got deleted. I gave emailing the registration address that is on the main site a try, but I havenít gotten a reply yet; that was a few days ago. Is there any other address I can use, or other way to contact someone who might take care of my dilemma? I don't want to be left having to pay 50 more bucks at the door after spending 40 in an attempt to register cheaper ahead of time.

Anything that could be of assistance would be most appreciated.

#287 User is offline   Ramos Asura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10282

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

Hey everyone.

I got a bit of a question...
I chose to get my badge in the mail and my registration thing says 'COMPLETE'

What Im wondering is when will I get my badge?

**Edit**
Oh yeah... I paid with credit card online. I decided to get the 10th Anneversary edition badge.

Past Cosplays

ACEN 2007 -- Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun!!! [And HERE I am with Yasuhiro Nightow! That made my day! ^^]

[size=1]"An Optimist is just an under-informed Pessimist..."
"Whoever said 'Anything is possible' never tried slamming a revolving door.

"Homnes vulnerate, Ultima Necat" (each hour injures you, the last kills...)

#288 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

I was asked to post this on behalf of some people that ride to the con with me. They have lost thier confirmation number (they registered at the con last year) is their any way for them to get that number again?
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#289 User is offline   faeriekawaii 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8417

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

I sent in registration forms and a check for me and someone else back in October with the special Reactor flyer. Our check finally cleared, but neither him or myself have recieved any kind of e-mail notification of complete registration. One of the admins had posted earlier that if you filled out an online form that it would help with getting registered faster since they wouldn't have to type in all your information again and would be able to just mark it complete. I'm wondering if this is the same with a lot of people, or do I need to contact someone specifically with my information? If so, who do I need to contact?

Thankx in advance. You guys are great!
Dying is bad for your health!

#290 User is offline   amandajayde 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6394

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:10 AM

I'm not sure if this is where I need to post this or not so let me know if i'm wrong, so here goes. When I registered I registered 3 other people and myself. Three of us have received our confirmation emails, however we all were said to be 27 years old. Mine and on of the other girls has been fixed, but the one girl is still at age 27 and is currently only 20. Also I registered my boyfriend who has received nothing as way of confirmation. Please help!

Amanda :unsure:
Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear, and the blind can see!

2009 Cosplay Yuuko - XXXholic

I loved this years cosplay! :)

2010 Cosplay - Rhode Kamelot D.Gray-man

#291 User is offline   Sakakichan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10658

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hi, I need some help w/ my registration.

I did pre-reg. (tier 1), sent my check in the mail and haven't gotten anything back. I also selected that I get my badge in the mail. I DID get a confirmation that my status is complete, but where is my BADGE??? I don't want to wait in line this year and I was hoping to avoid it. Also, if I have to pick up my badge at acen, I want the money refunded back to me that went towards mailing my badge. Also, my check has NOT been cashed out, according to my bank. What the heck is going on????

#292 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9402

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

View PostSakakichan, on Apr 27 2007, 11:13 AM, said:

Hi, I need some help w/ my registration.

I did pre-reg. (tier 1), sent my check in the mail and haven't gotten anything back. I also selected that I get my badge in the mail. I DID get a confirmation that my status is complete, but where is my BADGE??? I don't want to wait in line this year and I was hoping to avoid it. Also, if I have to pick up my badge at acen, I want the money refunded back to me that went towards mailing my badge. Also, my check has NOT been cashed out, according to my bank. What the heck is going on????

Check out this thread -> http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry391524
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Hope to meet some of you!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

"Sprinkle, sprinkle, little bar, what I wonder is a cat"
"I...FOUND...A...CARROT!!!"
"Can I have some fishy crackers?"

#293 User is offline   Big Sky 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10761

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

here is my questions.

1. If I have to pay the $25 for a new badge, what sheets or paperwork do i give them? do i jsut walk up to the desk give them my real name show them some ID, and fork over the money and get my badge?
2/ I paid extra so i could get the aniversy badge that was advertised. so when i pay my 25 am i going to get my special badge? or do i have to get a white paper cut out with my name on it?

#294 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9402

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

View PostBig Sky, on May 1 2007, 10:38 PM, said:

here is my questions.

1. If I have to pay the $25 for a new badge, what sheets or paperwork do i give them? do i jsut walk up to the desk give them my real name show them some ID, and fork over the money and get my badge?
2/ I paid extra so i could get the aniversy badge that was advertised. so when i pay my 25 am i going to get my special badge? or do i have to get a white paper cut out with my name on it?

1. Your confirmation page (email and/or .pdf file, I suggest bringing both), Your up-to-date ID, I suggest bringing (maybe not necessary but i will be bringing it) proof that your check/money order/cash/whatever went thru on a statement form. (Credit Card form, copy of receipt of Money Order, Bank Statement)

2. Good question. GrammaCleric did not make any mention as to what kind of badge we would receive as replacement in his announcements about Mail-In Badges. It is unclear at this time.
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Hope to meet some of you!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

"Sprinkle, sprinkle, little bar, what I wonder is a cat"
"I...FOUND...A...CARROT!!!"
"Can I have some fishy crackers?"

#295 User is offline   Riffy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8903

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:39 PM

I have a question, what are the rules on badges for people who don't attend. I have two people I paid for back out on me just now, so what do I do? Can I still even pick up the other two badges or am I out 103 dollars? I just want to know who to ask or what to do, since if I can't get the money back I would hope I could still get the badges.

#296 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:32 PM

The times for at-con registration are as follows:

Thursday: 5 p.m. - 9p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 2.p.m.

I have 3 simple questions:

1. I seriously looked all over 20 of these threads and it doesn't tell me where to do the at-con registration. Where is it?

2. If I come Thursday, can I come and buy my badge for the overflow registrations? Or is it for those who pre-reg'ed ahead?

3. What is the Express At-The-Door Registration? Would that make registrations go faster? Is this something I can still do today days before the con?
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#297 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 663

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:09 AM

1. Hall A of the Convention Center, 1st floor.

2. In the past people could purchase badges Thursday night, I don't really see that changing for this year.

3. Express Reg is a way to get your info into the system so all you have to do when you get to the con is pay and pick up your badge. But do it soon, as the Reg database will probably be going offline sometime today or early tomorrow for moving to the con.
Cosplay for 2008:

Aburai Renji from Bleach 15% done, really only have the shoes made right now (let's hear it for hand-woven Zori)

#298 User is offline   Draco Quince 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11052

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

I live in Atlanta, GA and still haven't recieved my badge. Has anyone down south gotten theirs?

#299 User is offline   Kisstin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9045

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:37 AM

View PostTiresias79, on May 9 2007, 11:09 AM, said:

1. Hall A of the Convention Center, 1st floor.

2. In the past people could purchase badges Thursday night, I don't really see that changing for this year.

3. Express Reg is a way to get your info into the system so all you have to do when you get to the con is pay and pick up your badge. But do it soon, as the Reg database will probably be going offline sometime today or early tomorrow for moving to the con.

I thought last year they were not letting anyone at-con reg. it was only for pre-reg & express. was i misinformed last year?

#300 User is offline   Menchi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11059

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Just want to make sure, it's the day before and we haven't gotten any official word on it yet. Will people be able to buy passes tomorrow (Thursday) for the con if they were not pre-registered?

Please clarify.

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users