Anime Central Forums: Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread

#241 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

all i see is the site will be back up soon page. T_T how do i empty my cache?

#242 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

Do what i just did. Restart your computer. Cause everyones computer is different, directing to clear your cache will be hard if you have a computer not the same as the one telling. But restart it, I just did and I got in. When i first tried it it was up for me but i couldnt go into any of the menu parts. Once i restarted i was able to get in and look at the menu options.

Also i have one thing to say................................Tenth Anniversary Ice Cream Social..............what is that?????
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#243 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

Yeah I saw that and was all "lol would love to see the bill for that". Cause there is at 12,000 expected so how much ice cream are we talking about?
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#244 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

Yeah but what is that? I have never heard of anything like that
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#245 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:40 PM

Probably something they added for the 10th ann, but doesn't sound like too good of an idea since that is a very large expense.
~Ri-chan

#246 User is offline   Nonlocale.1111 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8978

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

dchan said:

Since this is the Registration thread, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that lostsoul was referring to the registation group rate, not the room rate in the hotel block.

Oh Yeah... Right. Thanks. My bad..:sweatdrop

#247 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

:D Well, they told me to put it up, so it must be figured out. That's out of my department, though we are expecting far more than 12,000 this year, since factors that kept attendance down last year aren't there this year. It'll be crazy. ;)

#248 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:01 PM

yeah wtf is an ice cream social anyways?

I'll be off my diet for that weekend :) good timing, no? teehee.

well I won't be skinny or anything not even close, but i should be able to lose another 15-20lbs by then. hopefully more.

I have a reg question also..I only went to ACEN in 2004, and I remember when I registered that there was an option to get the con shirt...does that still apply or no?
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#249 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7043

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:00 AM

and is there anything special about the con shirt cuz it being the 10th ann?
but would we have to pay to get into the ice cream thing as an extra thing at the con or just a walk in thing?
and is there a limit as too how many people can go to that as well?
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
I am hoping to do Mari from Evangelion-But I need major cosplay help/advice!
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#250 User is offline   uzimaki_ichico 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8663

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

so can we send money in with the regestration, or it has to be credit card or somethin.
ADD ME THEN SEND ME A PM SO I CAN ADD YOU.
Wii Code: <span style='color:"Red"'>8035 8479 8826 8626</span>
Wii Name: <span style='color:"Blue"'>Jin</span>
Cosplays
No good at soewing so could some one give me a good place to buy a cosplay that doesn't look cheap, I can't stand the ones on ebay. I'll even pay a commision.

This is my Second con at ACen and ever, hope it goes great. (again)

#251 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

A social event where there is ice cream. ;)
Seriously, you're better off asking in the Programming section of the forums. I just put up what they tell me to.

I dunno about the shirt yet, but I know the badges will be awesome. And no-it's not just that 10th anniversary is printed on the badge. ;)

IIRC you need a check or money order made out to Midwest Animation Promotion Society. You can send in credit card info if you so choose.

#252 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:35 PM

thanks then
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#253 User is offline   xvirus 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 559

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:30 PM

uzimaki_ichico said:

so can we send money in with the regestration, or it has to be credit card or somethin.

If I'm correct, all the options that were available for payment last year will be available in addition to the new credit card payment option. This will make it a whole lot easier than previous years ^.~
Join us in the #ACen IRC Chatroom, Follow the link for the Java Applet.
Or simply point your IRC Client to irc.rizon.net, /join #ACen

#254 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3691

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:32 AM

Does anyone have any idea when online pre-reg will open?
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
Executive Officer of Bunny/ACen Yakuza Relations
Girl: Are you an angel?
Me: I am but a man of shadows... *vanishes*
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.
Check out my Myspace. Carnage's Myspace

#255 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

At least give us an idea of what is being done. We just want to be kept posted on what's going on since we know there are some problems, and so the questions become are they being fixed, do things just need to be uploaded, server problems, link doesn't work, or what? :mad:
~Ri-chan

#256 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Chief Of Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: Officer
  • Member No.: 1559

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

OK, here's what I know. The super-smart guy who does the DB had finished with the interface. We setup the new servers this week and are migrating existing content over pretty much nightly. (You may notice some Acen.org aliases don't work yet, but more come online every night as we add 'm on.)

We wanted to give a few days to burn in the new servers and check all the database connections/check our sanity and security before we put reg online. I'm not 100 percent on this bit, but I also think there's a vendor connection that needs to be made, so it may not happen this weekend, but SOON.

And trust me, nobody wants Reg open for business electronically more than Jayson and his team! And I'm warming up my pompoms!

#257 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

Thank you. Nice little update about what is going on with all the new servers and things are being done to help move things along, nice to hear. I know it sounds like nagging, but none of us know what is going on and hearing updates lets us know things are being worked on and things will be up and running eventually.
~Ri-chan

#258 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

i agree and it keeps us all from complaining and all u acen working people getting upset with us for our complaining and nagging ect.
so thank you very much!
~COSPLAY~

#259 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3691

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

Thanks. And hopefully it isn't something that was posted to keep us calm some some things said here.
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
Executive Officer of Bunny/ACen Yakuza Relations
Girl: Are you an angel?
Me: I am but a man of shadows... *vanishes*
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.
Check out my Myspace. Carnage's Myspace

#260 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:51 PM

well there is something up on acen.org but I don't think it's finished just yet ^_^'
Gothic and Lolita handbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE SPAM SQUAD!! Eliminated (1)

#261 User is offline   DJ OpM 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 616

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

Not quite..... I don't think. I have to find out what is going on with this "official" e-mail tha reg is up..... I have made a "sticky" in this forum. I'll place updates there.

Retired
Secretary 2K8, Operations Section Chief 2K7/IRT DH 2K5-2K6, IRT Staff Relations / TechOps ADH 2K4
AIM: DeeJayOPM, Y!IM: Dee_jay_opm
fchrisking at gmail

#262 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:28 PM

Hi there. Thanks for all the updates, but I'm hoping you can help me out here as well. I sent in the offline registration form, along with a check, for myself, and my boyfriend. It was about two and a half weeks ago now. From last years, it always took about two weeks, and this year, I had sent it in before online registration was up, but I used the offline form that was on the site. I requested two anniversary badges, and that they both be mailed, so I sent a check for $93 along with it. I was told to wait until Online registration came up, and to wait for an email confirmation. I was just wondering, how long will it take to get them put in and for me to get my email saying it did go through?

Also, my bofriend is in a different state while I'm at college right now... I did request on both forms that the both badges be mailed to me... will they both be mailed to me? He's afraid he'll loose his, so he wanted it mailed to me. ><

I know I'm probably being paranoid, I just want to make sure it did go through.

Thanks for any help that anyone has. I'll check back later as well.

#263 User is offline   DJ OpM 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 616

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:10 PM

I'll see and I will let you know.

*whew* Lots of stuff to do this weekend.

Retired
Secretary 2K8, Operations Section Chief 2K7/IRT DH 2K5-2K6, IRT Staff Relations / TechOps ADH 2K4
AIM: DeeJayOPM, Y!IM: Dee_jay_opm
fchrisking at gmail

#264 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:14 PM

View PostDJ OpM, on Feb 2 2007, 07:10 PM, said:

I'll see and I will let you know.

*whew* Lots of stuff to do this weekend.

Thank you very much!!! ^^

#265 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

I got a question, with online pre-reg..doesn't it mean that we can pay online as well?

I thought that was the whole point of online registration. I mean if I can't I would've just done it on the offline forms instead.

anyone explain?
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#266 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, what the heck. This whole fake online registration just defeated the purpose of online registration in the first place. The acen crew will still have to match each payment up with each name. They've created an extra headache for themselves for no reason!

#267 User is offline   Hobbitguy1420 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6050

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

Forgive the idiot question, but it wasn't covered in the e-mails I've recieved...

I'm the leader of a group. How do I
A: close/finalize the group once everybody's joined?
B: work out the final price for all the attendees?
C: deal with payment (do I have to pay for everyone or can they each send in their own checks)?

Also, if I have registered before March 11 (or whenever the deadline is), but don't manage to get the check in the mail 'till after that, do I need to pay tier-two rates?

Thanks for the help

#268 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:22 PM

where's the reg form?
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#269 User is offline   DatBan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9727

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:32 AM

http://www.acen.org/registration/ has all the pertinent links, and includes a step-by-step on registering.

#270 User is offline   Worldlygate 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5907

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

I can't sign in to my group. I need to send the money order before the 18th but I can't get the sheet which has the information on it. All I get is the PDF file that has the name and codes of the badges. The sheet I want is the one with the payment info (prices, codes, etc) I printed this out before, but I misplaced it. Now I can't sign in to my group.
DeviantART

Cosplaying as...

Haruhi Suzumiya~

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users