Anime Central Forums: Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread

#151 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:59 AM

Thank you to every staff member who has posted on this thread. Either with news in a good way or being a little cross with us, cause I understand.

And big thank you to djfluffkins! I hope it's up by then, but if it isn't, I will not blame you nor anyone else. Like you said- crap happens, we all got to learn how to deal.

If anyone can tell, I am burnt out of the drama omgz. XD
Possible Future Cons- Otakon, Anime Expo, Otakon Vegas, YaoiCon

#152 User is offline   GrinninCheshire 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8646

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:19 AM

Hey, I was told the truth, all this stuff was going to be up in January, hell, the week of my birthday too.

Happy Birfday to me.:D
'back in the day, if a shirt is off in the anime...the real fight is starting.'

"Does it make ice cream?"
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Steam ID: Derpaderp

#153 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

I've got to agree with khenemetset & GDD on this one. All we've heard thusfar is "be patient" and a repeat of things we were told a few months back.

xvirus said:

Speaking on the behalf of my DH(I've talked to him on IRC): please stop getting your panties in a knot, everyone.

I don't care whose words those are, but somebody needs to learn a bit more about CS & PR.

djfluffkins said:

Now, from what I heard pre-reg and the website is slated to be up by next week this time.

Thank you.

djfluffkins said:

It has been out of his control because prereg is waiting on the website which is getting overhauled.  

Normally, I'd say it sounds like a scapegoat, but in this sense it does make perfect sense.

As for the website, well - that's a conversation for another thread.

#154 Guest_Narumi-kun_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

Ahh the much needed calm after what seemed a storm of angry, anxious group of people..

Thank your for the much needed info ^_^

#155 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5441

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the information djfluffkins. All even the most spazzy of us wanted was some current information from someone on staff not some rumor started by someone who has no idea what's going on. Not that I saw anything that I would call stupid behavior here. Just people voicing concerns about lack of information and such. Sorry if I came off as sounding pissy or offended anyone on staff in any way. At least we can all relax now and wait for site to come up hopefully with all the information we've been waiting for. I'll crawl back into my corner of silence now and wait for the information.

#156 User is offline   brenda scharlau 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 8589

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

ok, I just need to know this...I've asked for my check "sent in error" (the whole Reactor mixup thingie) to be destroyed. Will I know, proir to or when registration opens ,that this has been done? Or will I just pre-register...and find out, down the road, that the check was still viable? And that I've double paid? I so hate sounding like a whiney child, but...as we all have admitted...lack of communication is just leading to all sorts of wild speculations. Any solid info on this?

#157 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

djfluffkins, I appreciate the effort you went to reply to us with information, and calmly. I only wish I had learned this information ahead of time.

I apologize to those I'm responding late to. Ever since President Ford's death, I have been running 12 hour work days and have not had time to come check this site for information.

I have to agree with dchan on the "panties in a bunch" comment. Especially if that was a direct quote from the registration DH, I'm feel a lot less inclined to spend my money at ACEN. I don't believe there was any "OMG KILL THE DH" comments in the last few pages... nothing said was overly harsh. The con-goers (who, by the way, expect to spend money at this con) were anxious that their concerns had not been dealt with in a decently long length of time. Speaking to attendees like that is certainly bound to keep at least some people from frequenting a convention. I think it's almost laughable that a few pages ago, people were speaking of poor management... only to supposedly have that management come back with such a statement.
Perhaps it's my absolute tired state, but that comment was really offensive to me. Not the comment itself, but due to who it was coming from.

DJfluffkins has shown that some staff can be reasonable and helpful without being rude.
So I will address my question to a staff member who seems to actually care about the con-goers: Have you heard whether or not we will be paying the higher tier rate that usually comes around this time in January? While it seems unfair to some, it seems only logical to me that the normal tiers would still be enforced, as the con DOES need to make SOME profit. Especially if several new systems are in place. Sending badges out alone is going to be an extra amount, isn't it?

#158 User is offline   xvirus 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 559

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

Dchan and psycho need to learn about a little thing called sarcasm. That statement wasn't said by my DH, but I think the think the general meaning was there. Many people in this thread have been calling him irresponsible. Just calm down though.. don't need to turn this thread into anymore of a flame pit. I would have given some actual useful info, but I suppose its not in my place to be giving any without permission, so I didn't.
Join us in the #ACen IRC Chatroom, Follow the link for the Java Applet.
Or simply point your IRC Client to irc.rizon.net, /join #ACen

#159 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

On one hand, I appreciate you not passing along information when it's not your place... no offense, but it would just cause more rumors.

On the other hand, with a topic this red-hot, what part of you thought it would be brilliant to tell people who were already upset that your DH was making rude comments? Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet. I recommend putting and before and after statements, so as to be sure.
On the internet, nobody can hear your tone of voice.

#160 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

I hope I didn't come off offensive as before. ^^ I'm not worried about it, just excited. XP I did not mean to if I did.

But just a question, so I know. Will the link for pre reg be posted here, or on the site. (I think it was the site last year, but I'm just making certain. XP I've been wrong before.) Last year I did sign up to be notified when pre-reg does roll around.

Also, is it true, there are going to be special badges for the 10th anniversary of ACEN? *crosses fingers* ^^ Either way, I just can't wait.

#161 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

>< Ah... one more question before I forget... is there going to be a limited number of the special anniversary badges? XP I want to be sure I get one.

And thank you to all the staff members. ^^ I know you are working hard.

#162 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:56 PM

xvirus said:

Dchan and psycho need to learn about a little thing called sarcasm. That statement wasn't said by my DH, but I think the think the general meaning was there. Many people in this thread have been calling him irresponsible. Just calm down though.. don't need to turn this thread into anymore of a flame pit. I would have given some actual useful info, but I suppose its not in my place to be giving any without permission, so I didn't.

As I refuse to continue with the possibility of any childish bantering on this official reg thread, I sent you a PM.

TheLadyRaven said:

Also, is it true, there are going to be special badges for the 10th anniversary of ACEN? *crosses fingers* ^^ Either way, I just can't wait.

Yes. They're an extra $5 per badge.

TheLadyRaven said:

>< Ah... one more question before I forget... is there going to be a limited number of the special anniversary badges? XP I want to be sure I get one.

Yup. Although I don't believe the exact number has been disclosed.

#163 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7043

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

yea there is an extra 5 dollers.....DJfluffkins posted a post about it.
its in the first post on the first page in this thread.
heres what he said...
Special badges:

We will have special 10th anniversary badges! They're grrrrrrrrrreat! Once we have pictures you'll be the first to get them! They will be printed in limited quantities for our anniversary so get your orders (when prereg is open)!! Special badges will be available at 5$ per badges, get them will they're hot!
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
I am hoping to do Mari from Evangelion-But I need major cosplay help/advice!
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#164 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7043

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

i believe DJfluffkins told me around 1,000
or something like that. but to get the exact number contact DJfluffkins he knows.
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
I am hoping to do Mari from Evangelion-But I need major cosplay help/advice!
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#165 User is offline   sweetplushiecak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8105

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

Here's an odd question, I preregistered at last years ACen but I didn't use a check (cash) and I don't have any receipts from last May. Did the rates change? Will I have to pay again? I'm really confused.

#166 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

sweetplushiecak said:

Here's an odd question, I preregistered at last years ACen but I didn't use a check (cash) and I don't have any receipts from last May. Did the rates change? Will I have to pay again? I'm really confused.

Sweetplushiecak:

Don't quote me on this, but I am assuming that you filled out a form of some sort, or your name was taken, am I correct? If the same system is being used this year that was used last year, then I'm also going to assume that your name will be in the system for already paying and all we'll need to do is print out your badge. If you were wanting a special badge, I suggest you ask Jayson about that when he gets back online (frenziedfury). You won't have to repay I wouldn't think, maybe just pay the difference if there is one (might just be the five extra dollars for the badge). By preregging, you got a really sweet discounted rate for regging a year early at last years con, so you won't have to worry about paying again for the later dated rate. Hope this makes sense, and I hope this helps! ^_^

Kristen--
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#167 User is offline   shirree shirra 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6285

Posted 06 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

GDD said:

FrenziedFury is the forum ID for the Registration DH.  But, they have not been online since October.  I don't know whats goin on, but if he hasn't been online since October, that means all this talking here is falling on deaf ears since they aren't looking to see whats going on.

DD

crap. not news i wanted to hear. D:
If I become any more "open minded," my brains will fall out.

#168 User is offline   sweetplushiecak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8105

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:51 PM

Sayuri-chan said:

Sweetplushiecak:

Don't quote me on this, but I am assuming that you filled out a form of some sort, or your name was taken, am I correct? If the same system is being used this year that was used last year, then I'm also going to assume that your name will be in the system for already paying and all we'll need to do is print out your badge. If you were wanting a special badge, I suggest you ask Jayson about that when he gets back online (frenziedfury). You won't have to repay I wouldn't think, maybe just pay the difference if there is one (might just be the five extra dollars for the badge). By preregging, you got a really sweet discounted rate for regging a year early at last years con, so you won't have to worry about paying again for the later dated rate. Hope this makes sense, and I hope this helps! ^_^

Kristen--

Excellent, I was planning on upgrading to an AA badge assuming I get a table so no worries

#169 User is offline   meef 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3767

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

I can't remember last Acen well enough as to whether I paid for this year's Acen. :sweatdrop Was it even available? How can I find out whether I'm preregged or not?

#170 User is offline   jrdiablo 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 1334

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:01 PM

hey when pre reg going to start this year its taking forever and a year
member of the anime freedom front

#171 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

jrdiablo said:

hey when pre reg going to start this year its taking forever and a year

They said some time this coming week. Check back through the pages, I think its in there. :sweatdrop

#172 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

djfluffkins said:

Now, from what I heard pre-reg and the website is slated to be up by next week this time. You can quote me on that because I'll quote other people if they have something to say about it. Please be patient, I will talk with the reg dh about if we can come up with a way to make this up to you guys.

That was on Wednesday.

#173 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3691

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

I'd like to know what picture will be needed for the special badges? Or is that meaning the image of the badge itself.
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
Executive Officer of Bunny/ACen Yakuza Relations
Girl: Are you an angel?
Me: I am but a man of shadows... *vanishes*
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.
Check out my Myspace. Carnage's Myspace

#174 User is offline   Rogu-chan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6178

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Le Sigh.

-__-"

Well this is frustruating. I was looking into this thread with hope to get some valueable information.

instead I came across everyone's complaints. (there is a gripe section elsewhere? right? >[ )

Another thing that is a bit boiling is that the WEBSITE hasn't been updated. AT ALL.

We all understand that constaffers have lives, but.....at the same time they have a responsibility as people who run the convention to give us SOME info.

Right?

to Carnage_Black2:

If you mean when we pick up badges, you need a picture ID or (if you are without an ID) you need someone to verify who you are.

I dunno what else you would need a picture for other wise. ^_^"""

:3
2008 Cosplay
????
make a new friend! (myspace)

#175 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3691

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

I'm talking about the image of tyhe badge, what it looks like. One comment I found said about getting pictures for the badge. That's what I meant. I'm a Gofer vet, so I know the requirements of badge pick-up. I'm talking about the AA badge.
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
Executive Officer of Bunny/ACen Yakuza Relations
Girl: Are you an angel?
Me: I am but a man of shadows... *vanishes*
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.
Check out my Myspace. Carnage's Myspace

#176 User is offline   deleuzean 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8943

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:26 AM

I know that people asking over and over to get the website and pre-registration online won't necessarily make it happen any faster, but the pre-reg for Anime Expo - which is over a month and a half LATER than ACEN - has already gone past its first discount tier. Their website isn't exactly information rich, but at least it exists. (And, yes, I do put ACEN in the same league with AX, in case you were wondering.)

I'm hoping that the whole "10th anniversary" keeping stuff secret for a nice surprise thing will pay off soon. It looks like there are a bunch of nervous people around here on the forums, and not alot of solid info from people in charge of things.

I hope everything and everyone is okay.

-Jim

#177 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

deleuzean said:

I'm hoping that the whole "10th anniversary" keeping stuff secret for a nice surprise thing will pay off soon. It looks like there are a bunch of nervous people around here on the forums, and not alot of solid info from people in charge of things.

I hope everything and everyone is okay.

-Jim

Problem is, it's not a secret anymore.

#178 User is offline   uzimaki_ichico 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8663

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:20 PM

dchan said:

Problem is, it's not a secret anymore.

:eek: :confused: why can't i see what's in the link. it saying that the page can't be found or what ever. what is it a link too.
ADD ME THEN SEND ME A PM SO I CAN ADD YOU.
Wii Code: <span style='color:"Red"'>8035 8479 8826 8626</span>
Wii Name: <span style='color:"Blue"'>Jin</span>
Cosplays
No good at soewing so could some one give me a good place to buy a cosplay that doesn't look cheap, I can't stand the ones on ebay. I'll even pay a commision.

This is my Second con at ACen and ever, hope it goes great. (again)

#179 User is offline   Rogu-chan 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6178

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Carnage_Black2 said:

I'm talking about the image of tyhe badge, what it looks like. One comment I found said about getting pictures for the badge. That's what I meant. I'm a Gofer vet, so I know the requirements of badge pick-up. I'm talking about the AA badge.

oh heh heh :sweatdrop

:3
2008 Cosplay
????
make a new friend! (myspace)

#180 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

uzimaki_ichico said:

:eek: :confused: why can't i see what's in the link. it saying that the page can't be found or what ever. what is it a link too.

Here's a thread discussing it's convents.

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users