Anime Central Forums: Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread - Anime Central Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official ACen 2007 Registration Info Thread

#1 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hi everyone!

I know you guys have been waiting for this for a LONG time. Our fearless registration DH has been in the process of moving, and hasn't had the most reliable information, so he's asked me to help him relay answers to all of your questions!

I will do my best to keep up with this thread, but I think this should cover most if not all your questions at this point.

Rates:

For our tenth anniversary we will start the public preregistration rate at 40$. It will rise then to 45$. Our at door rate will remain at 50$.
No dates have been set for those cutoffs yet, as you can see our Preregistration site has taken a little longer to get set up than we had hoped. Once it's up we will announce the cutoff dates.

Special badges:

We will have special 10th anniversary badges! They're grrrrrrrrrreat! Once we have pictures you'll be the first to get them! They will be printed in limited quantities for our anniversary so get your orders (when prereg is open)!! Special badges will be available at 5$ per badges, get them will they're hot!

Group Rates:

Nothing has been confirmed on group rates, we are still muddling over the exact rates. Keep your eyes pealed for more information!

Badge.... pickup?:

We will be introducing something special this year for all of you who are going to prereg... we will be mailing you the badges! More details to come but this way you won't have to waste your first day at the con waiting for your badges! (More reason to preregister)

Notes for those of you who may have been confused by our preregistration promotional offer:

We're really sorry that there was a big confusion about how our special rate was supposed to work. I've discussed it with Jay, and we will let you choose how to handle your mixed up payments. You can either take that 30$ and put it to your preregistration when it opens, or you can ask us to void the check. By all means if you feel more secure with stopping your payment do so. Any other issues that might arise please contact regsupport@gmail.com
If you were part of the mixup please contact regsupport@gmail.com to explain the situation and what you want us to do.

I think that's it! Hopefully this is enough to tide you over till preregistration opens!
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#2 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5347

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:25 PM

Yay! I can't wait until pre reg opens! So are the special 10th anniversary badges 5 dollars more than the normal badges? I was part of that pre reg mix up but I already put a stop payment on my check.

#3 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:24 PM

sounds good,

has it always been 40 dollars for pre-reg? I forget, I only went in 2004, and that's all a blur to me.

and I can't wait to see what's so special about these badges that are for pre-reg and pay that extra $5.

as for the badge mailings, I guess that's good, but I have a bad feeling about them. like they'll either get lost in the mail. or people will use that as an excuse that they don't have one when they show up, and that might lead to a

you have to pay for another one or something. or lose time at the con.
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#4 User is offline   schadenfreude 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 3325

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:29 PM

Wow inflation sucks. I remember paying 27 with group discount in 2005. And I paid 45 for Anime expo in 2006. Oh well. I was expecting it to be $35 prereg :sweatdrop

#5 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:59 PM

we're definitely trying to work out ways to ensure that you get your badges in the mail. I also have a feeling we won't be mailing like months in advance where you're likely to lose it haha

Heck I might even start a badge contest ;) where like you pose with your badge! o.O
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)

#6 User is offline   dominator49022 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7092

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:50 AM

i cant wait im gonna be a gopher just like last year

#7 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:18 AM

So the cryptic message did mean something, lol!!

Well, I'm getting forty-five dollars ready, cause I am so getting the special 10th anniversary badge. :heart: :heart: Unless they are all sold out before I get there. ;-;
Possible Future Cons- Otakon, Anime Expo, Otakon Vegas, YaoiCon

#8 User is offline   BluMoonSakura 

• Staff Suite
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 6848

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

OMG, this year is gonna be awesome:cool: I can't wait, though I'm glad I started saving already.:D This way I don't have to worry bout money like I did last year. Last year I was running round at the last minute trying to get enough.:sweatdrop That was a mess.
"IF all else fails, send in Heero Yuy...and then if that fails.....well lets not go there...."
ADH for Staff Services 2010
Proud Member of the 1xR Love is Bliss Ring
Cosplay for 2010: Card Captor Sakura: Kitty Battle Costume, Yuuko from Tsubasa, and Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed
A Perfect Soldier and a Pacifist... A match made in Heaven.

"We found out that if you want to do something illegal, you call the police."-Adam from Mythbusters

#9 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 23 November 2006 - 06:57 PM

My husband and I totally already had the money for pre-reg saved.

Then I got bronchitis and couldn't work for a week and had to spend money on UBER-expensive meds. :(
THEN I crashed his car and have to pay $1000 to get it fixed :( :mad:
THEN I got WHOOPING COUGH. :confused: :( :mad: Who in the world gets WHOOPING COUGH?! Totally already been immunized, but NOOO I got uber-sick all over again, can't work, and have to pay more weird hospital visits.

*sobs* All that precious con money... totally down the drain in a horrible, horrible month of doom.

On a positive note, thank you for the updates!

#10 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

DAMN! you got a weak immune system.

no health insurance? well I don't either, luckily I don't get hugely sick.

I'm trying to save up.

I think at the most I'll only need 450 for the whole weekend.

about 40-60 for food (gotta fast food it, order from the nearby joints)

about 40 for parking

about 192 for hotel (thursday night to sunday morning, i think pricing is done on nights ) and that could lower for me if I can get a 3rd person to share the room.

then pre-reg of 40

then finally another 100 for merchandise (mostly shirts and a couple DVDs, at least that's what I think I'll buy).

so that's about 422 from what I added up..so 450 just to be safe.

I have about 300 now, and I can get another 150 by then I hope.

I'm jobless so it's harder than anything else. I just got money for **** like birthday and doing **** for my sister.

#11 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

You can try odd jobs to raise money like raking leaves, walking dogs, and shoveling snow. I think it os going to be a little more than 192 for the hotel. When I asked. They quoted me at 127 a night plus tax. That wasn't the ACEn rate. Last year the ACEN rate was 140 dollars a night. That includes tax. So if you are looking at three nights, to be on the safe side, you are looking at 425-450 just for hotel stay unless you can splitr the price with someone.

#12 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

uhm, 140? can't be, I saw someone that did book a room b4 the official notice said not too. and it had acen rate whether that was last year or not..

and he/she had the same nights as i want and total was 381 total i think.

so that's what I was going by...it was a receipt.

either way I should have enough for the weekend if if i have 450 dollars.

3nights, food(ordering), some merchandise(shirts like 10, and a dvd or 4 )
and then pre-reg.

#13 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:43 AM

I am so thankful that I am splitting the money for the hotel with my sister... I'm not too sure how much it will be exactly, but with us going half way, I'll have enough money, I hope. :sweatdrop
Possible Future Cons- Otakon, Anime Expo, Otakon Vegas, YaoiCon

#14 User is offline   patepat 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8630

Posted 27 November 2006 - 01:48 PM

I am taking a group of high schoolers to their first convention and am trying to make hotel reservations, but all the hotels in the area claim they are booked already. Is there a special code I need to use to make reservations for the kids or are the hotels really all sold out????

Thanks

Patepat

#15 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:53 PM

patepat said:

I am taking a group of high schoolers to their first convention and am trying to make hotel reservations, but all the hotels in the area claim they are booked already.   Is there a special code I need to use to make reservations for the kids or are the hotels really all sold out????

Thanks

Patepat

Most likely not-what is happening is that we haven't put out the final hotel rates yet. When we announce those, you will be able to book rooms.

The anniversary badges are going to be spectacular and worth the extra cost. Trust me on this one-we're the department that produces 'em. :D

#16 User is offline   stelu-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5841

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:19 AM

Wh00! Info! I might have a group, I'm not sure yet, I have to get everything finalized but... What I wanna know what the adult/child ratio has to be.

Why?

Because my "group" would consist entirely of High Schoolers, some 18, some not. My mother offered to come, but that would only cover what... three or four people. Hrm...
ACen 09: Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Bianchi (Random... Casual... Whatever)

ACen 2010 Plans: Matsumoto Rangiku (Fuku-taichou), Emma (Season/Part One Maid Uniform),
Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Tifa Lockhart (FFVII), Ireland (Original Hetalia)
I wish I could sew better, I could be making costumes ALL YEAR! DX

#17 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

Dear god, am i glad I have a job and plenty of money to waste this ACen xD
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#18 User is offline   stelu-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5841

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

Hrm... I need to get me one of those...
ACen 09: Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Bianchi (Random... Casual... Whatever)

ACen 2010 Plans: Matsumoto Rangiku (Fuku-taichou), Emma (Season/Part One Maid Uniform),
Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Tifa Lockhart (FFVII), Ireland (Original Hetalia)
I wish I could sew better, I could be making costumes ALL YEAR! DX

#19 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

Well 140 is what is was last year per night. It wouldn't hurt to bring extra money just in case. You can save some money if you bring your own non perishable food.

#20 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

Serenahind said:

Well 140 is what is was last year per night. It wouldn't hurt to bring extra money just in case. You can save some money if you bring your own non perishable food.

Too true. And you can never have enough money. :D
Actually, hotels are the most expensive part of your trip, minus the dealers room on occation...heh. For four rooms x three nights, it's about 2,000 dollars. X_X Plus thirty for parking for the combined three nights...food...gas...tolls (depending on where you're coming from) etc, etc....money is something you always want on hand. And people with credit cards/debit cards? BRING CASH. Dealers room doesn't deal in plastic, mon tomodachi's. XD
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#21 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:20 PM

Some dealers took credit cards. I don't have to pay for parking because I don't drive. I go with friends who drive and gibve the money for gas or get dropped off. I plan for hotel and dealer's room. Thus year I want to buy stuff. My friend's were suopoosed to pay me for their share of the room but they didn't. I FINALLY got the money back in August.

#22 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:57 PM

I too rode with friends to Acen, it's a bit cheaper when everybody chips in, and helps out. Don't forget the toll rodes, lol those things get me everytime. ^_^'

#23 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:13 AM

for me the tolls will be like 2 or 3 passages..so around 2 bucks..I think going rate for toll is like 50cents.

I have to drive..cause my friend is flying in from maryland..and no one around here is a fan of anime..or at least I don't know them.

:(

I doubt I'll go with the anime club at school, cause well most of them are anime noobs, and or wouldn't go to acen. I mean most of them could barely make it to meetings :).

but anyways, my friend is gonna have to pay for his flight..half the room or maybe a third depending on if I can find someone to sleep on the floor. cause I need my bed :) and my friend is a big dude same as me.

and then all that junk. i figured my cost with the idea that acen pre-reg will be assigned to 40 bucks..45 won't make a huge difference.

#24 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

well if someone is going to sleep on the floor. May6 I suggest usijng a sleeping bag. I ended up on the flor one year and it was NOT comfortable.

#25 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

What's the specs on kids who are accompanied by a paying adult. (I'm assuming the cut-off on this if it exists is 12, which is their ages added together ^^;)

#26 User is offline   LostAnimeDad 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 997

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:00 PM

dchan said:

What's the specs on kids who are accompanied by a paying adult.  (I'm assuming the cut-off on this if it exists is 12, which is their ages added together ^^;)

I have not seen any official word about specifics for kids for 2007. In 2006, the registration FAQ ( http://www.acen.org/2006/regfaq.html ) stated that up to two child (age 12 and under) badges would be issued per fully paid adult badge, and that the child badges would cost $0. I would assume that this year would be similar, but that is only an assumption on my part and I have no official standing.
"While some activities or objects could be simply functional, he felt that anyone who came close to achieving perfection in any activity was an artist, and the results contained the essence of beauty. But the art was as much in the activity as in the results. Works of art were not just the finished product, but the thought, the action, the process that created them." -- Jean M. Auel

#27 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:20 AM

I believe the age is 12.

#28 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

Coolio. Prereg-ing and getting my badge sent to me in the mail sounds great! But what's so special about the limited edition $5 badges? Anyone wanna sell me on it? :) haha

#29 User is offline   Voltron_Yellow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8273

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

Its the tenth anniversary and I think they are recognizing (or capitalizing, take your pick :rolleyes: ) on how some or a lot of people like to have a commemorative item of an anniversary like this.

#30 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:03 PM

it is a REALLY nice badge, we'll show you when we're ready, but it's optional so hey ^_^
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair

• 11 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users