Anime Central Forums: Chinese New Year meetup in Chinatown - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Chinese New Year meetup in Chinatown

#91 User is offline   aerialist 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8019

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

Millions_Knives said:

is it better for me to go to chinatown
by car or by train?
ill have to park really far away
but i also would need to change trains and they will vary crouded

Where do you live (not like address and etc. general area) ? And how to u usually get to chinatown by train?
facebook.com/aryth.xin

AIM : Shadowflare385

You'll see me everywhere, but you won't see me there
I'll be there, but I'll be everywhere.

That wasn't a riddle. I'm being serious. but if you managed to answer it, you get a cookie either way.

#92 User is offline   stinababe 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3355

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:20 PM

Its very hard to find a parking space around the area. We had to park more than 5 blocks away from the chinatown area and that was an hour before the actual parade. id advise taking a train. Our group has decided to take the train this year (there'll be about 5-6 of us). Hope to seee you all there ^-^.
_~*!Stina!*~_
~ACen 13~
-Fri- Amano Esper Terra (Final Fantasy VI)
-Sat- Elysium (Soul Calibur V)

Innocently Rebellious <3

#93 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 3691

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

Who knows, you might see me on the train platform.
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
Executive Officer of Bunny/ACen Yakuza Relations
Girl: Are you an angel?
Me: I am but a man of shadows... *vanishes*
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.
Check out my Myspace. Carnage's Myspace

#94 User is offline   ChibiSamuraiX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4760

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:12 AM

How to find me? I'll be wearing a cat-eared hat I bought at acen last year.

#95 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

I may wear my bunny ears. I've been wondering about it. Maybe I should, It'll be easier to see me. A tall white guy with an ACen headband and bunny ears. Just giving props to the year of the rabbit.
President of:
<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Anime Central Association for the Advancement of the Bunny Kind</span>
Self proclaimed protector of bunny girls from catgirls, other bunny girls, cabbit girls, and horny fanboys.
I live a life of blissful confusion. If you have a problem, take it up with my brain.

#96 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

yay im vary easy to spot
i will have black and white hair
a black sute coat with black fur
and a banner with Acen in bold leters
if you can't find me
seek help:cool:
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#97 User is offline   yoru 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3923

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

ello! i willl be wearing i chinese dress thats red and gold. its long and has short sleves. carage you did not say hi back. you kknow you love me!
Con's for '10: Acen, Youma
Apply to be a model for Khaotic Kouture

Exhibit hall Staffer 2009-2010
WOOT

Convicted Acen Junky

#98 User is offline   Carnage_Black2 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

*laughs* I don't love you in that way. *laughs* I'll keep an eye out for you.

I should also have a green back pack with ACen on it as well.
President of:

#99 User is offline   mistymixwolf 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3303

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:23 PM

oooooooo i wanna come :D sundays work for me ^^
~Misty (the forum chibi :D)
BOO!

#100 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

Well I may or may not be able to go to the meetup. I may be having surgery on my abdomen. Im hoping it will be put off in march. But im hoping thats not the case.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#101 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

definetly trying to pull all strings to get there.
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#102 User is offline   tsukareta_lua 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4432

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:21 PM

Nyar.

It seems that this meetup is getting too big. So I guess that after the parade, when we go get lunch, we might as well just split up and do whatever we want. There'll still be that meeting spot after lunch for those who wish to still get on with the meetup as planned before, and for those who'll get there, and for aeralist since he's on the parade ^_^

It's not that I want to ditch people, but I never quite intended for this meetup to get this big. Sorry ^_^;; Besides, it seems that it'll be easy to move around in smaller groups anyway.

#103 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

I'll try to make it that day but I give no promises. Especially since I'm trying to get the 17th off as well.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#104 User is offline   yoru 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

ok i just cheacked and i can go on sunday of sho i will see you uys there but my clothing might be didfferent bu i will tel you soon.

WOOT

Convicted Acen Junky

#105 User is offline   Aces 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7879

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

The meetup group is too big already? How many people are there going to be!! Lotz? Tons? Millions? or China the country big? I'm guessing the last one. Hmm.

Well I'm interested in going, would LOVE to check out the girls..err..parade! I'll go if weather isn't freezing. But since you're splitting up already I guess I'll check out the sites alone, I travel most of the time like that but if I see anyone with a look that screams out anime fan, ala cat ears, I'll point and scream, "ACEN!!!" Then run away.

Oh, I usually get to chicago by metra and hike it on foot or cab once i get there. You don't really switch trains via metra. *shrugs*

#106 User is offline   Tsukiyomi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5932

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

I'll actually be close to the area that weekend. I would love to see the festivities!

I was wondering though, if anyone would be willing to let me meet-up with them. I am totally unfamiliar with the area and would probably get lost on my own or miss it all. just send me a message or reply please.
Proud to be a Member of the Ultimate YAOI Fangirl/Fanboy Alliance
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "I can jump that!"
Member of Insomniac's Nightmare Guild
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

#107 User is offline   tsukareta_lua 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

I don't know the exact number of people that are interested/planning on going, but I don't think it'll be quite as big as that meetup on Millenium Park by Kasemei. Though it seems that it's spreading a bit by word of mouth and people are bringing friends as well. It seems that the number is bigger than I had expected and anticipated... and I can see myself totally failing at keeping the big group together at something as crowded as the Chinese New Year parade. That and I don't project enough authority ^_^;;

Tsukiyomi - Do you know what time you'll get there? And how? [if you're driving, parking might be pretty hard to find.. Unless you get there uber early or something o.o]

About two weeks away!

#108 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

I hope I can make it!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#109 User is offline   Kyuu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 348

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:32 AM

Unfortunately, no can do on this one for me. I have other arrangements to take care of. :(

Have fun in the cold by the way. :P :lol:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller

Anime Currently Watching

#110 User is offline   Tsukiyomi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5932

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

I am going to be driving into Chicago early in the morning to visit some friends. I was just wanting to meet up with people that are going sometime beforehand. Then we could all just go together, I don't care how. :D
Proud to be a Member of the Ultimate YAOI Fangirl/Fanboy Alliance
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "I can jump that!"
Member of Insomniac's Nightmare Guild
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

#111 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:26 AM

Well people, Carnage_Black2 speaking, thanks to a f*** up with the update and transfer of the forums, I'm stuck using this name for now do to about 20 problems. Well, I'll try and atleast use this name while here. And don't forget people, I'm still going to be at the redling platform fro 10:00 to 10:45 to collect people coming off the trains. Let's make this a good meetup.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#112 User is offline   ChibiSamuraiX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4760

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

Well I know, I'm taking at least 1 or 2 friends along woth me but that's about it. As for staying together. I dout that'll work.
Blarg!

#113 User is offline   yoru 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

i can go woot just wanted to tell you all

WOOT

Convicted Acen Junky

#114 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:46 AM

View Posttsukareta_lua, on Feb 6 2007, 01:58 AM, said:

I don't know the exact number of people that are interested/planning on going, but I don't think it'll be quite as big as that meetup on Millenium Park by Kasemei. Though it seems that it's spreading a bit by word of mouth and people are bringing friends as well. It seems that the number is bigger than I had expected and anticipated... and I can see myself totally failing at keeping the big group together at something as crowded as the Chinese New Year parade. That and I don't project enough authority ^_^;;
Tsukiyomi - Do you know what time you'll get there? And how? [if you're driving, parking might be pretty hard to find.. Unless you get there uber early or something o.o]

About two weeks away!

hahaha I'm prtty sure that this meet up is going to beat mine by a long shot! I'll help try to keep it together, I've got a really loud voice. -.-;;; I'm definetly going to this, along with a friend that I'm going to be bringing. look out for me in a black and red chinese kimono, black dress pants, a possible red and gold jacket, and a huge poofy coat! XP umm...also..what day/time is this? I remember the 18th.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#115 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:48 AM

are we doing anything before/after the parade? sorry, I haven't been on the forums much lately, and I had a hard time finding this thread again after the changes.

#116 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:17 PM

Wow... I totally just found this out now... Um... so what's the meeting spot in Chinatown and the definate time? I dunno if I'll make it due to the cold weather, but if it lightens up, I might be there.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#117 User is offline   Carnage_Black3 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9167

Posted 11 February 2007 - 07:57 PM

View PostSoy Sauce, on Feb 11 2007, 04:17 PM, said:

Wow... I totally just found this out now... Um... so what's the meeting spot in Chinatown and the definate time? I dunno if I'll make it due to the cold weather, but if it lightens up, I might be there.

Well as far as been decided it's at 11:00am at Chinatown Square. However, I'll be on the red line platform at the chinatown stop from 10:00 to 10:45 to pick up people from the trains. At 10:45, we'll be making our way to the square to meetup with the rest of everybody.
ACen 10 Reg Staffer
C-C-C-C-Combobreaker!

ACen 09 Gofer
ACen 08 Gofer
ACen 07 Gofer
ACen 06 Gofer
ACen 05 Gofer

#118 User is offline   RRspud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6279

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:53 AM

Well i think it be easy to spot me... I shall be in my Dress Blues which is called "cracker jacks" because ont the cracker jack box it is that boy wearing the sailor outfit and since i am in the navy i think it be kinda obvious why xP So yeah

Plus Chibi i think you might have to come pick me up if i go xP
Darkness Coats Us!
Cosplay @ Acen 07 - Kakashi Hatake from Naruto - 100% Done Woot!
Not a Con Virgin anymore xP

#119 User is offline   tsukareta_lua 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:12 PM

I had posted more information on this thread back when it was the 'old' forums, but it didn't transfer?

Well, that's fine, because I made some small changes anyway.

Even though the title says Meetup, this isn't quite an organized meetup. As I said in my first post, I'm going to the parade with a friend and I figured I'd let the forum people know about this even, and maybe meetup for a bit. Though I guess I shouldn't have called this a meetup in the first place.. but oh well.

What does this mean? It seems that I'm organizing this, and I kind of am, but this won't really be a scheduled/follow the leader thing. You guys can do whatever you want :)

The thing is the parade starts at 12:00 p.m. but I figure that meeting up at 11:00 a.m. would be good so it could give people lenient time to find the spot and whatnot. I'll be there a bit late because my train doesn't get there until 11:00ish.

After meeting up, we should go head towards the parade as soon as possible since it gets crowded easily. After that, you guys can do whatever you want and whatnot.

Though I suggest eating lunch after the parade since Aerealist said that it gets less crowded afterwards. Then after lunch, say about 2 to 2:30, meetup again at the meetup spot for the the people who couldn't make it in time, or were in the parade ^_^

Well, here's a map:

Map

As you can see, the red line stop Cermack/Chinatown isn't too far from the meetup spot [Chinatown Square], and the parade itself.

The Chinatown Square has the statues of the Chinese Zodiac animals.

The parade runs along Wentworth.. so that's where we should disperse when looking for spots.

Btw, it suggest going to the parade and restaurants in smaller groups so it'll be easier to fit everyone. But that's a suggestion ^_^

Sorry I can't be a better meetup organizer, but it just feels it'll be better this way. Specially since I'm don't have enough authority and presence to command a big crowd of Otakus in the middle of a imense crowd of people who are there to attend the festivities as well.

#120 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

but where will we meet? chinatown is biggg

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users