Anime Central Forums: AnimeCentral 2007 Car Show - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AnimeCentral 2007 Car Show

#151 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:36 PM

My Supra is almost set for the show... I just need to burn another 1/4 of gas, and do some minor detailing... Also... Allen I need to show you something on my car on Thursday..

Here's the pic..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/c29cac1f.jpg
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#152 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 9 2007, 01:36 AM, said:

My Supra is almost set for the show... I just need to burn another 1/4 of gas, and do some minor detailing... Also... Allen I need to show you something on my car on Thursday..

Here's the pic..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/sou...sh/c29cac1f.jpg


sounds cool man see you on thursday.
Allen Castillo

#153 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

See you all on Thursday for car show set up and detailing session :D
Allen Castillo

#154 User is offline   Mazarin 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10281
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 10-April 07

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:21 PM

Question: Where do we bring the cars? Do we just park in the entryway and tell someone? Will we be emailed or called w/ instructions?

EDIT: I've been handled, thanks!

#155 User is offline   Evownz 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3541
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 09-January 05
  • Location:St. Louis, MO

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:40 AM

Allen, do you have any idea what the latest we'll be able to get the cars inside will be? You have 9-??? on your previous posts, but with us having to drive 6 hours plus time washing the cars we're just trying to plan as far ahead as possible. Is there a "get in by this time or too bad" time?

#156 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:49 AM

View PostEvownz, on May 10 2007, 03:40 AM, said:

Allen, do you have any idea what the latest we'll be able to get the cars inside will be? You have 9-??? on your previous posts, but with us having to drive 6 hours plus time washing the cars we're just trying to plan as far ahead as possible. Is there a "get in by this time or too bad" time?


7pm is the latest from what I remember on reading this thread, but I do hope they'll be there exceptions.... -.-...
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#157 User is offline   Evownz 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3541
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 09-January 05
  • Location:St. Louis, MO

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:53 AM

That's not too bad then, I just don't see us getting into Chicago until 4-5pm today. I hope we can get there earlier, but with having to wash the cars and everything, we're gonna be cutting it kind of close.

#158 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:57 AM

View PostEvownz, on May 10 2007, 03:53 AM, said:

That's not too bad then, I just don't see us getting into Chicago until 4-5pm today. I hope we can get there earlier, but with having to wash the cars and everything, we're gonna be cutting it kind of close.


If it's going to be that damn close... We should ask the hotel, or the convention center if we can use their water hose...... (blah, now you're tempting me to bring my car wash stuff... -.-... Well, I'm just sayin'...)
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#159 User is offline   KnitChick 

  • ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629
  • Posts: 2,142
  • Joined: 04-March 07
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:35 AM

I heard y'all revving the engines while I was waiting for my badge last night, I can't wait to see the cars!! :D
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#160 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6906
  • Posts: 70
  • Joined: 24-April 06
  • Location:Nowhere

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:22 PM

A pox of those foo's who yelled at me today for "making stupid music noise" while people are drawing at the art gallery or whatever.

She says "people didn't come here to hear that noise. They wanna draw, don't you care about them?"

I told her, I had no home training, and turned it back up.

Thanks for everything.
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#161 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:58 AM

I'd like to thank all the guys who brought there cars to Acen's very first car show i think it went awesome. i'd especially like to thank john, cramer, and ryan for bringin up the 86, FC3S and the EVO8 to the show. special thanks to JR and CJ for bring the BMW from BULLRUN. my boys and girls eddy, mike, tania, jackie, eric, achan, and soulcrash for bringin there cars as well.

lets start thinkin about what to do for next year lets make it bigger and better.
Allen Castillo

#162 User is offline   GTS89 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3474
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 26-December 04

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:06 AM

No problem! Lets do this again! :D
Andrew Chan AKA AChan on many forums!

Cosplay

ACen 2006 - Takumi Fujiwara (Initial D)
ACen 2007 - Breakdancing L (Death Note)
Reactor 2007 - Rouga Zanma (Big Bang Beat)

#163 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:42 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 14 2007, 01:58 AM, said:

lets start thinkin about what to do for next year lets make it bigger and better.


This is what I have to say..... Drifting inside the Rosemont theater's parking lot.... That's the "only" way to make it bigger and better... ROFL.....

But I doubt that will happen due to most of our funds, and Rosemont....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#164 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 14 2007, 11:42 AM, said:

This is what I have to say..... Drifting inside the Rosemont theater's parking lot.... That's the "only" way to make it bigger and better... ROFL.....

But I doubt that will happen due to most of our funds, and Rosemont....



i don't think we'll be able to do that.
Allen Castillo

#165 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 14 2007, 09:18 PM, said:

i don't think we'll be able to do that.


I know... but it doesn't hurt to say it... -.-

It's just one (very) random suggestion....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#166 User is offline   GrAE86 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10758
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 01-May 07
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

not bad for ACEN's first car show. It's a shame my boro 86 couldn't make it in, but next year it will be in better shape anyway. Anyone see me on the street? I drive the slow, low, obnoxiously loud grey AE86.
Hear the roar of inline four

#167 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

View PostGrAE86, on May 14 2007, 09:44 PM, said:

not bad for ACEN's first car show.


Funny to say.... It's not the first car show that ACen had, and I'm not the first to make the ACen car... From what I assume.. HAHAHAHA!... We sort of had one back at 2001....

And here's proof..
http://www.usagichan.com/AnimeCentral2001/...-importcars.htm

Talking about old school, whatever happen to those cars??? Except for Allen's white Civic... I already know (part of) the story to that......
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#168 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 15 2007, 02:56 AM, said:

Funny to say.... It's not the first car show that ACen had, and I'm not the first to make the ACen car... From what I assume.. HAHAHAHA!... We sort of had one back at 2001....

And here's proof..
http://www.usagichan.com/AnimeCentral2001/...-importcars.htm

Talking about old school, whatever happen to those cars??? Except for Allen's white Civic... I already know (part of) the story to that......


all those cars have long been deceased. that was an unofficial first car show back in the day. weren't actually recognized by the convention when we did that in 2001 and we put the graphics on our own for that one.

definitely very old school.
Allen Castillo

#169 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841
  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

Hey! I saw the cars! It was awesome! I got close up pictures before they put the chains up although I thought I saw the EVO's engine under the hood a little bit dirty :P
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#170 User is offline   Purplegodess 

  • MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803
  • Posts: 850
  • Joined: 29-December 05
  • Location:down the rabbit hole

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:42 PM

View PostBenedictKenny, on May 13 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

A pox of those foo's who yelled at me today for "making stupid music noise" while people are drawing at the art gallery or whatever.

She says "people didn't come here to hear that noise. They wanna draw, don't you care about them?"

I told her, I had no home training, and turned it back up.

Thanks for everything.

Im sorry you seem to be such an unconsiderate person please refrain from making any further stabs at my artists; and in the future realize you are not the most important person in the convention, take others feelings into account.

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#171 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

View PostSpicyNinjaCat, on May 15 2007, 10:50 AM, said:

Hey! I saw the cars! It was awesome! I got close up pictures before they put the chains up although I thought I saw the EVO's engine under the hood a little bit dirty :P


I haven't seen what's under the hood on the EVO 8.... But I think out of everyone... I got the most messiest engine compartment in the show.. HAHAHAHAHA!!!... What's the point if I'm going to work on it later in the year....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#172 User is offline   KnitChick 

  • ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629
  • Posts: 2,142
  • Joined: 04-March 07
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:27 AM

The cars were awesome, I haven't gotten my pics uploaded yet but I will. I took quite a few :) Wish Flickr would let me upload more pics (I'm already hitting my limit for the month and I haven't even gotten near finishing uploading all my stuff)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#173 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

View PostKnitChick, on May 16 2007, 09:27 AM, said:

The cars were awesome, I haven't gotten my pics uploaded yet but I will. I took quite a few :) Wish Flickr would let me upload more pics (I'm already hitting my limit for the month and I haven't even gotten near finishing uploading all my stuff)



i'm really glad you liked the show. were hoping to make it bigger and better for next year.
Allen Castillo

#174 User is offline   Evownz 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3541
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 09-January 05
  • Location:St. Louis, MO

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:01 AM

View PostSpicyNinjaCat, on May 15 2007, 09:50 AM, said:

Hey! I saw the cars! It was awesome! I got close up pictures before they put the chains up although I thought I saw the EVO's engine under the hood a little bit dirty :P


Yeah, it took until after 3 in the morning to clean the outside of it, and the hood stayed down the whole weekend so I was like, screw cleaning the engine bay. Besides, that car gets the crap driven out of it, it ain't gonna stay clean. All in all, I thought the show was an excellent addition to the con, and I really look forward to doing it again next year. Hopefully we'll have some new things to bring.....;)

#175 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

View PostEvownz, on May 17 2007, 11:01 AM, said:

Yeah, it took until after 3 in the morning to clean the outside of it, and the hood stayed down the whole weekend so I was like, screw cleaning the engine bay. Besides, that car gets the crap driven out of it, it ain't gonna stay clean. All in all, I thought the show was an excellent addition to the con, and I really look forward to doing it again next year. Hopefully we'll have some new things to bring.....;)


yeah hopefully you can bring down the new super secret project car you guys are workin on. that would be awesome and maybe i'll be able to bring something new to the table next year as well. ;)
Allen Castillo

#176 User is offline   GrAE86 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10758
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 01-May 07
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 17 2007, 01:52 PM, said:

yeah hopefully you can bring down the new super secret project car you guys are workin on. that would be awesome and maybe i'll be able to bring something new to the table next year as well. ;)




although those of us with less glamorous cars would be interested in an ACEN car cruise, some of us don't have "hard parker" quality cars, but love to drive and are import tuner enthusiasts all the same. I found that a couple of the owners of certain cars were exceptionally stuck-up, didn't want to talk shop, and some didn't even know details about their cars! i saw a handful of respectful cars just sitting and growing dust (including my own) in the parking garages... you should add a cruise, cars are much more impressive when they are moving :P
Hear the roar of inline four

#177 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:11 PM

View PostGrAE86, on May 17 2007, 07:39 PM, said:

although those of us with less glamorous cars would be interested in an ACEN car cruise, some of us don't have "hard parker" quality cars, but love to drive and are import tuner enthusiasts all the same. I found that a couple of the owners of certain cars were exceptionally stuck-up, didn't want to talk shop, and some didn't even know details about their cars! i saw a handful of respectful cars just sitting and growing dust (including my own) in the parking garages... you should add a cruise, cars are much more impressive when they are moving :P



WOW man those are some pretty harsh words for people you don't even know man. for you to call any of us "hard parkers" is an insult. how dare you say that any of us are not import tuner enthusiasts thats a load of bull i've been in the scene probably longer then you've been driving. i've probably owned and fixed more cars then your total age so please don't come at me with this that i love to drive my car bull. all of the guys who put there cars into the car show are serious drivers non of the cars that were shown are show queens by any means all of them are daily drivers as well including mine. which most supra's are not so please son don't come here and try and hijack my thread cuz your gonna lose big time. :angry:

oh yeah and i saw your car by the way you need to have a lot of work done before it can be considered respectable also just cuz you drive a hachi doesn't mean your car is good by any means.

oh yeah i really don't like haters in my thread if you don't have something truely constructive to bring to the table don't bother posting.
Allen Castillo

#178 User is offline   Evownz 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3541
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 09-January 05
  • Location:St. Louis, MO

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:38 AM

wow, owned.

Seriously though, I didn't get a chance to talk to many of the other owners, but the guys I did talk to (Allen, Mazarin) plus John, Ryan, and myself talked shop all weekend. Hell, we were the only ones I ever even saw by the cars. As far as trailer show queens go, I can't speak for anyone else, but Allen can attest to the fact that the hachi, evo and FC all get the hell driven outta them. I'm not opposed to a cruise, but I think people at the con would get more out of the cars with them inside, well lit and everything for pics and stuff.

#179 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:12 AM

View PostEvownz, on May 19 2007, 10:38 AM, said:

wow, owned.

Seriously though, I didn't get a chance to talk to many of the other owners, but the guys I did talk to (Allen, Mazarin) plus John, Ryan, and myself talked shop all weekend. Hell, we were the only ones I ever even saw by the cars. As far as trailer show queens go, I can't speak for anyone else, but Allen can attest to the fact that the hachi, evo and FC all get the hell driven outta them. I'm not opposed to a cruise, but I think people at the con would get more out of the cars with them inside, well lit and everything for pics and stuff.



Well said cramer i was hopin one of you guys would chime in on this cuz i talked to all of the other owners of the cars cuz all of you guys are my boys and all and i know each and every car there is driven everyday and driven hard. so for someone to come in here and say are cars are just "HARD PARKERS" is just a load of bull and makes me mad. :angry:

but i guess there will always be haters out there and always one or two at every con thats not gonna like something i do for the con.

To all the haters out there i just have one thing to say if you think you can do a better job at organizing the events i throw then please go a head and try.
Allen Castillo

#180 User is offline   Seph 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11372
  • Posts: 372
  • Joined: 14-May 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

im not a "hard parker", im a "hard driver" anyone who knows me knows that. And my truck has the dents to prove it :P
so no car show for MY truck

  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users