Anime Central Forums: AnimeCentral 2007 Car Show - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AnimeCentral 2007 Car Show

#121 User is offline   Mazarin 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10281
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 10-April 07

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

Awesome, I'll be there @ around 10AM w/ this:

http://s159.photobuc...ovmaz/conquest/

Also, do you want us to bring mod lists, displays or anything else? I was thinking of making faux "ACEN X" Illinois licence plates.

#122 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:23 AM

View PostMazarin, on May 1 2007, 02:12 PM, said:

Awesome, I'll be there @ around 10AM w/ this:

http://s159.photobuc...ovmaz/conquest/

Also, do you want us to bring mod lists, displays or anything else? I was thinking of making faux "ACEN X" Illinois licence plates.


if you want thats cool but you dont really need it.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#123 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

Confirmed cars for the car show

1993 Toyota Supra TT MK4
1995 Toyota Supra NA Hardtop MK4
1989 Toyota Supra NA MK3
1986 Toyota Corolla GTS AE86
1998 JDM Honda Civic Type R EK9
1991 Nissan 240sx Sil-eighty Conversion RPS13
1995 Lexus SC400 JZZ30
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
2001 Honda S2000 Turbo Top Secret Gold AP1
2001 Honda S2000 AP1
2000 Honda S2000 AP1
1988 Mitsubishi Starion
1988 Mazda Rx-7 Convertible FC3S


More cars to come.

This little car show is turning out to be really good so far. were definitely going to have a good showing of vehicles from almost every japanese automaker. I was really hoping we would get some subaru's in the show, but so far we've got no one yet.

new car just added

BMW M3 from the SPIKE TV reality show BULLRUN
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#124 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:02 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 1 2007, 12:26 PM, said:

new car just added

BMW M3 from the SPIKE TV reality show BULLRUN


OMFG!!!! BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER!! Please say that they still have the BullRun decals on their M3... And I got to ask.. How did you manage to get him to bring his car to ACen, and will he be staying for the whole con??? I so want to get an autograph from him....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#125 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 1 2007, 11:02 PM, said:

OMFG!!!! BEST ANNOUNCEMENT EVER!! Please say that they still have the BullRun decals on their M3... And I got to ask.. How did you manage to get him to bring his car to ACen, and will he be staying for the whole con??? I so want to get an autograph from him....


yes ron they will be at the con the whole weekend and yes they will have the M3 decked out in the BullRun decals(cuz if it wasn't it would just be a regular M3). don't worry about how i got them to come just be glad that there coming. ;)
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#126 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:30 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 1 2007, 10:20 PM, said:

yes ron they will be at the con the whole weekend and yes they will have the M3 decked out in the BullRun decals(cuz if it wasn't it would just be a regular M3). don't worry about how i got them to come just be glad that there coming. ;)


Will both J.R. and Chuck be there, or will it just be J.R. and his M3??? I'll be laughing if it's there first anime con... They'll be like WTF!???

I'm not sure.... I think Chuck has an Impreza... Cause when I was watching there audition tape on the bullrun website, I saw a white Impreza... And I'm assuming it's his...
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#127 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 2 2007, 03:30 AM, said:

Will both J.R. and Chuck be there, or will it just be J.R. and his M3??? I'll be laughing if it's there first anime con... They'll be like WTF!???

I'm not sure.... I think Chuck has an Impreza... Cause when I was watching there audition tape on the bullrun website, I saw a white Impreza... And I'm assuming it's his...


there both gonna be there as far as i know.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#128 User is offline   Kiriyama 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4966
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 23-June 05
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

Wo this is very instresting and btw i wouldn't mind seeing some nice cars. Just recently i got a Mishibishi 3000 GT. It looks pretty good for not doing anything to it yet.
You wish your car was this good http://members.lycos...sv4/Cars/FC.jpg

#129 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

View PostKiriyama, on May 2 2007, 03:33 AM, said:

Wo this is very instresting and btw i wouldn't mind seeing some nice cars. Just recently i got a Mishibishi 3000 GT. It looks pretty good for not doing anything to it yet.


is it a VR4?
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#130 User is offline   Kiriyama 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4966
  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: 23-June 05
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

Well...I'll have to check due to the fact I'm at school and my brother is using it until he gets back to school, but hopefully i can answer your question when I get home.
You wish your car was this good http://members.lycos...sv4/Cars/FC.jpg

#131 User is offline   Mazarin 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10281
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 10-April 07

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

If you still need Subies, AMS is holding a HUGE swap meet Sunday:

What: AMS EVO/SUBARU/DSM Swap Meet and FREE BBQ!!!!
Where: AMS 2442 E. Oakton St Arlington Heights, IL 60005
When: May 6th 2007
Time: 9AM untill nature turns out the lights or we get too tired to go on

Just throwin an idea out there. I'll prolly be there for a little bit.

#132 User is offline   GrAE86 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10758
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 01-May 07
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

I have a grey corolla AE86 hatchback, can you use me? :P
Hear the roar of inline four

#133 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:31 PM

Hey Allen... I got good news and semi bad news...

The good news... I found the graphic shop that will do the body art... X-Treme Graphics in Villa Park... It's getting worked on Tuesday and it's $500+ worth of work...... And I got Friday and Saturday off...

The semi-bad news.. I founded out the other day that one of our afternoon drivers is quitting tomorrow... Meaning that they might need me on Thursday afternoon... What I'm trying to say is... I'll arrive at the con 5:20pm???? It all depends on traffic on the 294 exit to River road...

Also... AIM me when you get the chance about the rims...
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#134 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 4 2007, 01:31 AM, said:

Hey Allen... I got good news and semi bad news...

The good news... I found the graphic shop that will do the body art... X-Treme Graphics in Villa Park... It's getting worked on Tuesday and it's $500+ worth of work...... And I got Friday and Saturday off...

The semi-bad news.. I founded out the other day that one of our afternoon drivers is quitting tomorrow... Meaning that they might need me on Thursday afternoon... What I'm trying to say is... I'll arrive at the con 5:20pm???? It all depends on traffic on the 294 exit to River road...

Also... AIM me when you get the chance about the rims...


as long as your there before 7pm thats fine.


View PostGrAE86, on May 4 2007, 01:18 AM, said:

I have a grey corolla AE86 hatchback, can you use me? :P


sorry all spots are now taken.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#135 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 3 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

as long as your there before 7pm thats fine.


Is that what time you guys will done with detailing as well??? And... which entrance are the cars entering???
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#136 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:49 AM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 4 2007, 02:44 AM, said:

Is that what time you guys will done with detailing as well??? And... which entrance are the cars entering???


we won't be done detailing but as far as i know thats when there gonna stop the dealers from setting up. i'm not sure were the cars are entering call me that day and i'll tell you.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#137 User is offline   Nameloc 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7110
  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: 08-May 06
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

The schedule has come out, but i see no car show. allen, can you give me some info on where its going to be, and at what time? thanks :)

#138 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:01 PM

View PostNameloc, on May 4 2007, 05:43 PM, said:

The schedule has come out, but i see no car show. allen, can you give me some info on where its going to be, and at what time? thanks :)



the car show is in the dealers room and its gonna be the whole weekend from the time the dealers room opens till when it closes.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#139 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Post icon  Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:55 AM

Quick note for all people in the car show before you guys get in on thursday gas must be at under a 1/4 of a tank.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#140 User is offline   Ashyukun 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 95
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 13-April 03

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 6 2007, 08:55 AM, said:

Quick note for all people in the car show before you guys get in on thursday gas must be at under a 1/4 of a tank.

With the rate at which a 13B sucks up fuel, this will unfortunately not be a problem at all... -_-
-Bob "Ashyukun" Babcock
-Host, AMV Iron Editor Challenge
-AMV Staffer

#141 User is offline   Mazarin 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10281
  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: 10-April 07

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:15 AM

Are you absolutely sure that it's a 1/4th tank and not 1/8th tank? I only ask cause the shows I did @ McCormick Place a couple years ago said a 1/4th but as we're waiting in line to get in @ 6AM we were told an 1/8th tank.

I will say it was pretty cool watching all these badass cars screaming up and down that entry road to burn the fuel off tho :P

#142 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:15 PM

View PostMazarin, on May 7 2007, 05:15 PM, said:

Are you absolutely sure that it's a 1/4th tank and not 1/8th tank? I only ask cause the shows I did @ McCormick Place a couple years ago said a 1/4th but as we're waiting in line to get in @ 6AM we were told an 1/8th tank.

I will say it was pretty cool watching all these badass cars screaming up and down that entry road to burn the fuel off tho :P


under 1/4 of a tank so yeah 1/8th is cool
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#143 User is offline   Soulcrash 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72
  • Posts: 619
  • Joined: 11-April 03
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

View PostMazarin, on May 7 2007, 12:15 PM, said:

I will say it was pretty cool watching all these badass cars screaming up and down that entry road to burn the fuel off tho :P


I hope I can make it by 1/4 or 1/8 of fuel before I get to the con, cause my fuel gauge said I have 3/4 of a tank. And I rarely use my Supra due to Rod Knock.. -.-..

So lets do some math... I got a 18.5gals Fuel Tank, when I refilled it last week at Elmhurst.... It was around 1/4, so I put in 7.5gals. My MPG is like 18/24, but I drive both city and highway traffic..... Going to Chicago and Elmhurst one way takes atleast 1 gal.. I have to go to X-Treme Graphics in Villa Park tomorrow to put on my decals, then had back.. Then on Thursday, I'll bring my car to work.... Hmmm... I think I can make it 1/4 by Thursday... Blah whatever...

If $hit comes to $hit..... Looks like I'll be doing some crazy stuff (well not really) on that convention road... So, who wants to do some drifting or cruise with me??? ROFL.. That or vacuum/pump out the fuel out of my car....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#144 User is offline   KnitChick 

  • ADA Compliance DH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 9629
  • Posts: 2,132
  • Joined: 04-March 07
  • Location:Chicagoland

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:44 PM

Ooooooo drifting, that I would LOVE to see! :D I'd love to learn how to drift, I think it's really neat .

I am really getting excited about this car show, I can't wait to see all the groovey vehicles!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Chi-Fi 2014: Frazzled staffer! Maybe Ghostbuster.
C2E2 2014: Ghostbuster, Simmons from Agents of SHIELD ; Youmacon 2014: Ace from Doctor Who, Ghostbuster, maybe Captain Marvelous
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Merida from Brave, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#145 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 8 2007, 01:44 AM, said:

I hope I can make it by 1/4 or 1/8 of fuel before I get to the con, cause my fuel gauge said I have 3/4 of a tank. And I rarely use my Supra due to Rod Knock.. -.-..

So lets do some math... I got a 18.5gals Fuel Tank, when I refilled it last week at Elmhurst.... It was around 1/4, so I put in 7.5gals. My MPG is like 18/24, but I drive both city and highway traffic..... Going to Chicago and Elmhurst one way takes atleast 1 gal.. I have to go to X-Treme Graphics in Villa Park tomorrow to put on my decals, then had back.. Then on Thursday, I'll bring my car to work.... Hmmm... I think I can make it 1/4 by Thursday... Blah whatever...

If $hit comes to $hit..... Looks like I'll be doing some crazy stuff (well not really) on that convention road... So, who wants to do some drifting or cruise with me??? ROFL.. That or vacuum/pump out the fuel out of my car....



if you really wanna waste gas just punch it at after every redlight you can and do a lot of stop and go.

i myself am at just under 1/4 now and i'm probably gonna just put another gallon or so in my car right before i get to con so at least i cna drive around for the next 2 days.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#146 User is offline   Ashyukun 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 95
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 13-April 03

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:09 AM

Soulcrash said:

That or vacuum/pump out the fuel out of my car....

Given a story I remember seeing not too long ago about a guy setting himself on fire trying to vacuum fuel out of his tank- my vote goes for using a simply siphon/hand pump if you go this route. ;)

Let's see.. in my case, it's 385 miles to Chicago. I just filled up the tank and have put about 30 miles of primarily highway miles on the odometer since then. With the FC's standard 16.6 gallon tank and being conservative on the mileage (it is nearly 20 years old, and they didn't get the greatest mileage to start with...) saying it gets about 20-22 miles per gallon, that means I will need to fill up about 50-60 miles before I get to the convention center, so if I only fill it up to 1/4 when I stop I'll have both enough fuel to get me to the convention center and be solidly under the 1/4 tank limit. As long as there's a gas station not terribly far from the convention center I'll be fine- the trunk isn't big enough to carry a spare gas can and everything else I need to bring!
-Bob "Ashyukun" Babcock
-Host, AMV Iron Editor Challenge
-AMV Staffer

#147 User is offline   GrAE86 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10758
  • Posts: 26
  • Joined: 01-May 07
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:16 AM

View PostSoulcrash, on May 7 2007, 08:44 PM, said:

I hope I can make it by 1/4 or 1/8 of fuel before I get to the con, cause my fuel gauge said I have 3/4 of a tank. And I rarely use my Supra due to Rod Knock.. -.-..

So lets do some math... I got a 18.5gals Fuel Tank, when I refilled it last week at Elmhurst.... It was around 1/4, so I put in 7.5gals. My MPG is like 18/24, but I drive both city and highway traffic..... Going to Chicago and Elmhurst one way takes atleast 1 gal.. I have to go to X-Treme Graphics in Villa Park tomorrow to put on my decals, then had back.. Then on Thursday, I'll bring my car to work.... Hmmm... I think I can make it 1/4 by Thursday... Blah whatever...

If $hit comes to $hit..... Looks like I'll be doing some crazy stuff (well not really) on that convention road... So, who wants to do some drifting or cruise with me??? ROFL.. That or vacuum/pump out the fuel out of my car....




ron, i know you don't like me (that much) but the little corolla is down for some tomfoolery. get at me, boro masters unite. ashyukun, i know how you feel, my AE86 gets pretty bad gas mileage with advanced timing + decked head + ported intake, afm filter and my wonderful (just recently) cracked header. still a blast to drive though :)
Hear the roar of inline four

#148 User is offline   gamergirlx 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9168
  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: 01-February 07
  • Location:NJ

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:27 AM

I was really excited when I heard there was a car show but, pssh, you really should have some motorcycles too. ;)
I'm looking for some custom decals for my bike so I can anime it out after I finish modding it this summer, hopefully, if I see something nice on your cars perhaps I can find out who made your decals.

#149 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841
  • Posts: 268
  • Joined: 03-May 07

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:29 PM

I might have overlooked it, but where is this being held? It says dealer's room in the first post. Does that mean the dealer's dealer's room where you buy anime-related items or some other dealer's room that I'm not aware of?
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#150 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

  • Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441
  • Posts: 805
  • Joined: 14-January 04
  • Location:chicago, il

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

View PostSpicyNinjaCat, on May 8 2007, 06:29 PM, said:

I might have overlooked it, but where is this being held? It says dealer's room in the first post. Does that mean the dealer's dealer's room where you buy anime-related items or some other dealer's room that I'm not aware of?



it will be in the DEALERS ROOM off to the side kind of.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

  • 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users