Anime Central Forums: Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplay group/gathering - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplay group/gathering

#31 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:52 AM

I think it's safe to say that even the convention veterans are going to be lost. I know I am going to be very confused and as soon as they have maps up and everything, I am going to print them off and study them but not only that, they usually give you a map in your program guide book... so, we'll be able to find our meet up, but like I said, when it gets closer to may, I am going to PM everyone and give them my phone number, so if it's hard to find, we'll just meet up in front of the Hyatt... cause either way, we are having this meet up/photoshoot. =3
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#32 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9571

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Mar 7 2007, 07:52 AM, said:

I think it's safe to say that even the convention veterans are going to be lost. I know I am going to be very confused and as soon as they have maps up and everything, I am going to print them off and study them but not only that, they usually give you a map in your program guide book... so, we'll be able to find our meet up, but like I said, when it gets closer to may, I am going to PM everyone and give them my phone number, so if it's hard to find, we'll just meet up in front of the Hyatt... cause either way, we are having this meet up/photoshoot. =3

yeah, this is my forth year at acen. so I know about the packets and things of that sort. (I just dont use the forums, and I lost my old forum account though.) Ug, I still get lost in the halls at acen. Alrght, I'll give you my number too. (mom has my cell phone right now though urg.)

we now might have a Dai Lee adgent, and we'll only have TomTom on friday if mom lets me 'barrow' him. So I wont have him for the photo shoot, but I will be walking around most of friday night with him, azula, ty lee and katara. all are welcome to hang with us if they like!
All Acen attending costumes finished (Mai, Beach Mai, Party Mai, Ship Robe Mai)
Pending ideas: Abby (NCIS)
Future costumes: Shera (Cid's Wife) Yuffie
Pending creations:Sephiroth 2.0 (for shawn) Cid (again for Shawn)

#33 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

wow!! You'll have to call me Friday so I can come see him and take a picture of him <3

And a Dai Lee agent? Sweet~~ Anymore? XDD~
Possible Cosplays-

#34 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2403

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

Squeeee! A Dai Lee agent? Awesome! I love those guys xD

So we'll meet in front of Childrens Programming...where ever that is? I'm sure I'll find it. In fact, I'll probably search for it on Friday just so I know where I'm going.

If season 3 is running again by the time ACen rolls around I MIGHT think about having a viewing party, if possible. It all depends on if its airing, if I feel like having a viewing party, and if there is any event that conflicts with that.
Visit my devart, if you dare.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:
Dean Winchester - Supernatural
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians

http://www.neopets.c...name=wolfdog173

#35 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

Friday at 7:00(usual time Avatar airs at Central time, right?)?? I think that's the time for new Avatar episodes right? And I do not think anything major is at that time... the only thing I can think of is the concert. And though I like High and Mighty Color, I'd rather watch a new episode of Avatar in a viewing party. ^___^- So, if that's the only thing I have going on, I'll ditch the concert...

SO!! Friday - Avatar Viewing Party... if there is a new episode, is everyone/anyone game? And who would allow their room to be filled with otaku to watch it? I'll talk about it with my sister, but I don't know if she'd be all too happy with that... so... yeah! =3

If everyone wants to do this, I'll update the main first post and put that in. X3
Possible Cosplays-

#36 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

I might be able to lend my room out for it. But I'm over at the Embassy Suites and at this point...I have no idea if they have Nickelodeon or not. I think they will though...most hotels I've been to do have it. I also don't know my room number yet.

I just hope High and Mighty Color isnt playing then! I really want to see them. I'll be find missing the other band though. Or hopefully they'll just play again the next day.

I've always wanted to do this XD I had a season finale party with my friends, but that was only a few people. But this is just 10 times better =D

Hopefully Nick will actually be AIRING new episodes by then >.> At this point we still have no idea what month these episodes even air.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#37 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

More than likely they'll have two viewings of the H&M Color concert... one on Friday and one on Saturday. ^^- Cause I do remember The Pillows(05, I think) played before Anime Hell and I believe before the Masquerade as well, but I could be wrong...

So if the concert isn't on that time, you plan on giving out your room? =DDD?
Possible Cosplays-

#38 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

I'd be more than happy to have people in my room for a viewing party! Can't guarentee it'll be a CLEAN room XD

I wont know my room number till I check in Friday morning. I'll be at the Embassy Suites, NOT the Hyatt. But what I'm thinking I could do is either...

A: Get peoples numbers and I can use my phone to send a text message containing the room number to everyone who wants to come. It'll be faster than calling since I can send the same text to several phone numbers all at once.

OR

B: Schedule a meeting in the Embassy Suites lobby sometime between 6 and 6:30 or so then take everyone up to the room with me.

I'll try to provide drinks/snacks whatever to everyone as well :3

Also. As long as High and Mighty Color performs on Friday and Saturday, then I can just go Saturday.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#39 User is offline   dotpogos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9692

Post icon  Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

View PostDoggeh, on Mar 11 2007, 04:29 PM, said:

I'd be more than happy to have people in my room for a viewing party! Can't guarentee it'll be a CLEAN room XD

I wont know my room number till I check in Friday morning. I'll be at the Embassy Suites, NOT the Hyatt. But what I'm thinking I could do is either...

A: Get peoples numbers and I can use my phone to send a text message containing the room number to everyone who wants to come. It'll be faster than calling since I can send the same text to several phone numbers all at once.

OR

B: Schedule a meeting in the Embassy Suites lobby sometime between 6 and 6:30 or so then take everyone up to the room with me.

I'll try to provide drinks/snacks whatever to everyone as well :3

Also. As long as High and Mighty Color performs on Friday and Saturday, then I can just go Saturday.

That sounds like fun! If there is a new episode I will totally be there! Plus I can help with snacks!

#40 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:44 AM

View Postdotpogos, on Mar 11 2007, 04:48 PM, said:

That sounds like fun! If there is a new episode I will totally be there! Plus I can help with snacks!

I've got no problem at all with the vewing party. (unless ty lee is doing acen idol then. I have to go if she is. I dont think it should fall in line with the party though.)
(tomtom cant go now. -_-+ moms saying that he'll be too upset. sorry for all the confusion.)
(azula is only going on saturday.)
Anymore party ideas would be great. If everyone wants to get together for a rave group that would be cool too. (I've done that before, it's realllllllly fun.) I declare that everyone should get out of charcter for the dance and go nuts if we do.

#41 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

Ahh... no TomTom... well, that's okay. ^^- It was cool that it was even a possibility. I would do more parties, but I already have a lot of stuff lined up, especially at night... Anime Hell/Midnight Madness has always been 'my thing' and I will be going to the Soap Bubble this year.... I am trying to make time though, really I am... I also want to shop too!! XD I think I am going to have Friday and Sunday for that, but still...

If I make/have time, another party would be awesome.
Possible Cosplays-

#42 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

I'll definately be at the Soap Bubble this year! I figured as long as I'm cosplaying as The Blue Spirit for the rest of the con that I should stick with a sort of 'Zuko' theme for the whole con. So for the Soap Bubble I'm going as a self designed Raver!Zuko xDD

And I'll definately try to be at Anime Hell and Midnight madness.

I've got other friends staying with me as well. But they're cool.

I wouldn't mind going to Anime Hell/Midnight Madness, the Masquerade, or the Soap Bubble with anyone.

I've already got a few friends that I'm sure would join me for the room party. I've got friends who are staying in a room connected to mine and some friends staying in my room. Half of them like Avatar while the others could care less. Though I'm sure the ones that don't will be out enjoying the con anyway xD

I hope this room is big....

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#43 User is offline   dotpogos 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

Depending on where my room is gonna be, I could also have people over if things don't work out. Or possibly for a different night.

#44 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

The rooms aren't that big, but hey, we can all get cozy! You'll probably have a Double Bed Room, right? I will take just about anything as long as it's on the 5-4 floor... that's why I hope I get there halfway early so I can get a room on a lower floor.

Doggeh, we should hang out a bit at the Soap Bubble, if you happen to see my sister and I at the Masquerade & Anime Hell/Midnight Madness, you can sit by me if you want!! If there is a free spot beside me, naturally. X3

I am glad most people are cool with the viewing party!! I hope we get to do it(Please grant us with a new episode on May 11)
Possible Cosplays-

#45 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

Yeah. I got a double bed room...I hope XD Whatever. I'll just get to the room early and clean my friends junk out of the way to make room for everyone. My room is usually a pig stye about 5 minutes into our arrival there.

That'd be cool going to Anime Hell/Midnight Madness together! I'll have some other friends with me....probably the same ones that will be in the room with me if we have the viewing party.

Meeting at the Soap Bubble would be great too. Dancing with random people is so much fun XD!

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#46 User is offline   sakurachan413 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9772

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Hey um, are there gonna be cute boys at this party? (This is Mai's Ty Lee) ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

No, I'm kidding. Its not required but it always a bonus.

Anyway, I can't wait to see you all there! I'm bring Sizzle Crisps!!!!!

I wish there were some rainbow smilies... <_< <--Look its Mai!! hahahahaha!!)

Schedule:

Friday - Undecided
Saturday - Ty Lee / Avatar: The Last Airbender
Saturday Night - Party Ty Lee / Avatar: The Last Airbender
Sunday - Undecided

Cosplay List:

Ty Lee (A:TLA) - Normal - 100%
Ty Lee (A:TLA) - Party - 100%
Louise (Zero no Tsukaima) - Uniform - 95%

Cosplay.com deviantArt

#47 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

:bangs head on keyboard: Sorry ty lee found the forums. :bangs head harder:
(hey ty)

#48 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:27 PM

*lol* Seems like you two are quite the pair! But that makes it perfect for Mai & Ty Lee~ <3

And cute boys? Aren't all geeky anime-loving guys cute? XD I mean, if that's your thing, ACen is a haven!

And Doggeh, I don't mind if there are more people, you can just find me and sit with me if you want... Anime Hell/Midnight Madness was packed last year though. o0 I don't know if any of you on this board had ever attended AH&MM previous years, but the first two years I had gone to ACen, people randomly walked in for AH&MM and people were sitting on the floor... it was like a lazy loungish type of laughing at bad videos type of scenario, then in 05&06 I was introduced to a line to it. My face was shocked!! But anyways...

Soap Bubble, we can almost guarantee to meet up, AHMM, not so much... we'll see =3
Possible Cosplays-

#49 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:07 AM

last year a ton of people that I knew went to anime hell. I wish I would have gone, the next day , everyone was cracking up over 'dr.tran' (was it?)
(I'm poasting this is school, sorry it's so choppy.)
but I suppose if we all want to do meet up stuff beyond that it's a little hard to plan. (i know ty lee's little sister is going to acen too and we might have to watch her some. so that might hinder on plans.) other then that I dont think that there's much that I really need to do (Ty lee's actually got plans. she got all lively, and I just left everything open. -_-snarf.)
(anyone want to redo a risk board and make it so you have to take over the avatar world? haha, kidding.)

#50 User is offline   dotpogos 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:21 AM

HAHA! My costume is almost done! Mai was bored so she decided to help me (Fire Nation Scum)! HEHE. Unfortunately, I keep getting poked with pointy needles. Grrr... Oh well, WATERBENDING POWERS ATTACK!

#51 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:41 AM

That's great! I am so far behind on mine... I have to style my wig and a friend of my mother is making mine. ^_^- But I assure you there will be a FMG at ACen! XD
Possible Cosplays-

#52 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

I am extremely far behind on my Blue Spirit cosplay.

I think I'm back to having nothing done XDD I want to redo the mask I'm not liking how it came out.

Next week I think I'll start. Spring break FTW! I'll start the mask anyway. And I get my first pay check next week from working my new job! So I'll have money to go buy fabric and make the rest in the coming months!

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#53 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

I'm doing Katara's, Azula's, and my costumes all at once. Katara's is almost done.
(sorry I kept poking you Katara. I was in a rush. the faster I get things through the sewing machine, the quicker I'm happy that our costumes will be done by spring break.)
Azula's hasnt got started yet. I'll start this weekend. and mine is almost done. I'm just working on the arm darts and the jacket. So hopefully I'll have perfected 3 costumes. I think katara's has been the most fun though. Mine just drove me up the wall. The pants are impossible!
I have to say though, the clothes from avatar are great to make! Lotsa fun!

(ty lee, start on your costume!!!! :beg beg:)

#54 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:34 PM

Anyone want some late Valentine's cards? I say this cause I got lots of extras and plus... they are avatar!

Im glad Spring Break is coming up, I need to work on my Katara cosplay
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#55 User is offline   MaiWithBlackDaggers 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:42 AM

GASP! I want! I want! (I'm getting overly excited.) I looked everywhere for those things and I couldnt find them NEEEE where! stupid walmart, target, mall, toysrus, ect.

View PostTakuya_Neko, on Mar 15 2007, 09:34 PM, said:

Anyone want some late Valentine's cards? I say this cause I got lots of extras and plus... they are avatar!

Im glad Spring Break is coming up, I need to work on my Katara cosplay

#56 User is offline   Ashikana 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5452

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

I got mine at the dollar store of all places. ^-^
ACen 2013
Nami:: One Piece
Lucy: Fairy Tail
Gaige:: Borderlands 2

#57 User is offline   Avatar_Mom 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9882

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:50 AM

Hello everyone!

I have been trying to make plans to attend this gathering. Please count me in for now :) I live pretty darn close to the Rosemont Horizon, so it will be silly for me not to go. I don't think I can create a costume in time (unless I just go the easy route and shave my head).

Plus good ol Doggeh is going, can't miss that :D

#58 User is offline   Doggeh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

Omg! Avatar_Mom! That would be so AWESOME if you could come!!!

Hope you could come!

I've still got some of my own Avatar valentines I'm trying to get rid of....I think. I have just enough for myself and a few random extras.

ACen 2013 Cosplays:

#59 User is offline   dotpogos 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Cool! Avatar Valentines! You think the dollar stores would still have some?

#60 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:48 PM

Hmm... I dunno, consider Easter is coming up soon and they have shucked almost all of the Valentine stuff, but, hey doesn't hurt to try, no?
Possible Cosplays-

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users