Anime Central Forums: The Hyatt is completely booked already!?@_@ - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Hyatt is completely booked already!?@_@

#1 User is offline   Sora_InKH2 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4386

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:42 PM

I just called the Hyatt to reserve a room for the 11th-13th and according to the lady I spoke to there are no rooms available.

I don't know if this is true or if she was just stupid but...con staff...is this true? o.o
ACen '09 or Bust!

#2 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

Most likely the whole con is reserved for the con but not booked. Hotel rates for the con haven't been mentioned yet so don't worry. Check the main site in a few weeks (or once every couple days if you want) and once the room rates are posted, call the hotel. Also mention ACEN or Anime Central when calling the hotel.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#3 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:21 PM

I seriously wanna kick your butt SORA.

you got me all freaked out, and sad at the same time.

cause if I can't get a room in the hyatt, there's no point for me to go at all..just a pain to walk to other hotels when all the rooms for the con are at the hotel hyatt.
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#4 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sales Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Section Chief
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:16 AM

Don't get all worried. Just like in the past years, the staff usually has someone come on the board and tell everyone that the hotel is sold out. That hasn't happened yet, they haven't even released the rates yet. They're holding all the reservations until pre-reg is ready.

#5 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 10 November 2006 - 07:38 AM

Oreo_Otaku said:

Most likely the whole con is reserved for the con but not booked. Hotel rates for the con haven't been mentioned yet so don't worry. Check the main site in a few weeks (or once every couple days if you want) and once the room rates are posted, call the hotel. Also mention ACEN or Anime Central when calling the hotel.

He's right. I too freaked out when I read everyone else's post about trying to book a room at the Hyatt only to discover that they're all sold out. Now I'm curiously waiting like everyone else for those rates.

BTW, aren't you one of my sister's friends (Excel Excel)?
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon) and Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) Friday and Saturday

#6 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, I felt like a complete dipstick when I heard someone saying that you could order your room now at the Hyatt, so I already booked my room.

So I feel bad for not waiting for the staff to say what the rates and stuff will be. But you know, can't go back in time... I'll just call and make sure my reservation is still there when the con block is released.
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#7 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:14 AM

An odd happening I got when our President called them this morning was that they said that the contract is being re-negotiated with ACEN and that once this is resolved, the con block will be opened. We didn't get to reserve our rooms, but hopefully they still have them and are just not reserving them until the contract is re-negotiated. Or something. I don't know, all of it is just sounding strange. >_>;;
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#8 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:01 PM

The mods need to lock and delete these types of threads until the con room officailly announces the room rate and and room block is opened. These types of threads serve no purpose other than to cause undo panic and chaos.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#9 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

Well i have called and they have rooms. They told me the rate is $127 a night starting from May 7 to May 15. The rate is under Midwest Animation. A deposit of $143.51 is required and it is taken out on April 19 which is the cut off date. So they still have them, and i was told that people have been calling. I dont think it is booked that hotel is extremely huge.

#10 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 666

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:00 PM

Here is an update as to what is going on with Anime Central 2007 and The Hyatt Regency O'Hare.

The Hyatt Regency O'Hare is currently preparing for a full remodel and as a result, Anime Central is expecting to enter discussions with them in regards to what work is being done and how it will affect the attendees and the convention in general.

In light of these changes, we have not released the room rates for the 2007 convention and will not do so until we have concluded the discussion with the hotel. We expect said discussion to be concluded by December, and upon conclusion, we will post a second update, and consequently release the 2007 room rates.

For any attendee who has already made a reservation, we suggest that you check the terms of your reservation agreement regarding guaranteed pricing as the consequences of the discussion may or may not result in a room rate change.

Regarding other posts that have been made, allow me to say the following:

1- The Hyatt is not sold out for Anime Central 2007.

2- Anime Central has not released their 2007 room rates.

We ask that you do not try to reserve any rooms for the convention until we officially release our room rates.

Also please note that as we have not released our official rates, we are not bound to assist you in any problems you may have with your reservations.

If you have already reserved your room, we ask that you cancel your reservation at once, and wait until we release the official rates before you re-reserve it.

If you have any further questions, keep them in the appropriate thread.

Thank you and we apologize for any confusion that this may have caused.

Beryl Turner
Anime Central 2007
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur... goes a Latin proverb. The world wants to be deceived...So let it be deceived."
"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
Henri Ducard (Ras Al Ghul)- Batman Begins
"It is pleasant at times to play the madman..."
Seneca- Roman Dramatist, Philosopher, & Politician
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
Nothing is true. All is permissible."
Hassan I Sabbah- Lord and leader of the Assassins Cult

#11 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:31 PM

This thread has been closed. Please read the Convention Chair's post and latest update regarding this matter at http://www.acen.org/...ead.php?t=14378, please continue this topic discussion in that thread.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users