Anime Central Forums: Programming Idea~! Ouran Host Club Tea Party! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Programming Idea~! Ouran Host Club Tea Party!

#1 User is offline   FullMoonBunny 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8469

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hi everyone!

I have a simple propsition for you Ouran fans and cosplayers!

Since we're bound to have an Ouran photoshoot, I thought it would be a really cute idea if we had an Ouran Tea Party; in which fans and Ouran cosplayers can come in and, well, have tea. XD It know it would be for a few hours, or less than that, and I'm not sure whether to have it Friday night or Saturday afternoon/morning. The Ouran Tea Party would consist of the host club members and essentially 'host' other Ouran fans or cosplayers that want to come in and have food and tea and 'commoner' coffee.

Everything would be free! No RSVP, no money, no nothing. You could just bring yourselves and cameras and just have a good time and eat all you'd like, with food provided by myself and some other people that I would be planning this with. If this actually goes through, you could even bring food as well and it would just be one big happy Ouran Tea Party! =D

All we would need to do is get a large room or small if preferred, and several tables and chairs. All silverware, food, snacks and drinks will be provided by the Host Club, of course. XD

I think if it gains enough interest, we can really go for it and see if it works. The Tea Party could double as a photoshoot and is TOTALLY FREE, with everything provided on the Host Club. XD

So...what do you all think?

#2 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

Acen's contract with the hotel prevents this event form happening. The hotel will not allow the serving of food from an outside source. Don't except Acen to pay for the tea party either.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#3 User is offline   FullMoonBunny 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8469

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:43 PM

Pardon me.

I wasn't expecting ACen at ALL to pay for anything. I didn't know what the contract allowed and didn't allow. Please don't make assumptions like that. I don't know everything, which is why I posted here to see what everyone says and what can and can't happen. I wasn't going to ask for the convention to pay for it or anyone else to pay for it. Thanks for the information, but there's no need to be rude about it.

There is absolutely no reason at all to snap at me rudely for suggesting an innocent idea. Your post could've been put in a more polite way.

Thanks for reading anyway.

#4 User is offline   In Silico 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4720

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:26 AM

Have one of the die-hard cosplayers make some snacks in their room - tea is simple too, as is instant coffee :P

I'm sure you could have the event on the first- or second-floor lobby area, where there are plenty of open tables for chillin' and snackin'. I don't think ACEN's contract prevents one of the attendees from making snacks, does it?

(BTW, I'm down with this... I might have to go as Kasonoba-kun :D I have the hair, and the 'mean look' down pat :D )

-Rob / IS
~~へ へ~~
\__/\___/

#5 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:36 AM

As far as the contract goes, if this event is done, it won't be done in a programming room, but more like someone's hotel suite. That's the real consequence of the contract.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#6 User is offline   Jazhed508 

• ACen Staff - Masquerade
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 109

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:04 AM

This entire mini-event would have to be done in an attendee's room. Once it is moved into a direct hotel controlled space, other than the attendee's room, it falls under the control of the hotel and can be only use hotel supplied materials.
Jason "Jazz" Jensen
ACen Main Programming DH '05-'08
ACen Masquerade DH '09

"Just doing the best I can to bring order to disorder and disorder to order."

#7 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

Bunny, this is a freaking SWEET idea, and I really like it. If there would be some way to pull this off, minus the food portion if there are too many complications because of red tape and hotel regulations and such *I know how that goes, we have similar regulations in place at my University for Club activities ><* it would be really awesome to see this done. PM me if you need any extra help or suggestions. I'd like to get involved. ^^
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#8 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

This sounds like a fun idea. It would have to be done in private, separate from Acen programming, in someone's suite, but you could totally do it as long as you paid for and coordinated everything yourself. About 3 years ago someone did this.

For future reference, people, Acen forums + "tea party" = BAD COMBO!!

#9 User is offline   Isildur 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2496

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

Ah the miracles of collective barganing.

That said, I agree with the general principle of an tea party in that it might potentially be a meaningful addition to the cosplay-related programing retinue.

However, I am not at all suprised by the terms stipulated by the hotel. Not in the least.

And, like the Masquerade Ball there is also the matter of location and time, which go hand in hand and are always in short supply.

#10 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:51 PM

oh that'd be sooo cool! I love Ouran Host Club. Too bad about all the rules and regulations. *sigh* Perhaps there is another way. I'm not sure though, especially because if you do do this in a hotel room you might get a HUGE crowd and draw a lot of attention. It's a really good idea.

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

#11 User is offline   Cuddles116 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7378

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:25 AM

Heheh what an awesome idea! I should make a school girl outfit just so I can be all giggly.

I'm kinda confused though (because I'm slow like that), usually whenever I stay at a hotel it's for a birthday and we always order pizza's and bring cake and eat by the pool or where ever else there are free tables (at the marriott ohare though...) and no one has ever said we couldn't.

Aren't there a bunch of tables set up specifically FOR people to bring their own? Like can't I bring a carton or 3 of Dunkin Donuts coffee and share it with 30 friends in said open location...while in a costume taking pictures lol? Seriously though it's going to cost me and my friends almost $400 to stay there I find it hard to believe I couldn't bring and share coffee and like donuts in the lobby (I think it's the second floor one that a ton of tables for us last year). If this isn't like officially programmed in but rather a word of mouth thing would it then be acceptable?
JenFur
Toxic Kiwi Wig/Prop Commissions
Anime Central 2011
. . Fri - Scanty (w/ Brief)- Panty & Stocking
. . Sat - Panty (w/ Brief)- Panty & StockingHalloween 2011 - Alice - Resident Evil Afterlife
Pictures - ACEN Aftershock, ACEN 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, Reactor 2009, 2007, [size=2]2006

#12 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:11 PM

The hotel reserves the right to say what happens on thier property.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#13 User is offline   Soshen 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5134

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:25 PM

HOLY$H17THISIDEAROCKS!

I absolutely love this idea. It will really be a great chance for people to immerse themselves in the world of the anime, and get a taste of what it might be like if the club was real. I will definately help you guys get this done, maybe if I can, even offer a second room to house it. This will be so much fun, I can't wait if it pulls through! X3
I AM THE HEAD OF THE NEKOBOY ALLIANCE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY!! X3 I r b smart. :P

COSPLAY LIST FOR 2008!
1. Taichi Yagami (Tai) from Digimon Adventure (first season) (Progress: 100%)
2. L from Deathnote (Progress: 100%)
3. Shadow the Hedgehog from the game Shadow the Hedgehog (Progress: 78%)
4. Nex from Bomb the Town (anyone wanna be Blurgas?)
5. (this one is a maybe) Little Jimmy Urine from the band Mindless Self Indulgence

ACEN 2007 pictures

Acen 2006 Pictures

My YouTube account!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users