Anime Central Forums: When Will Hotel And Registration Info Be Announced? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

When Will Hotel And Registration Info Be Announced?

#31 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 5284

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:13 PM

Dave said:

Don't blame Chicago for that one. We may gouge tourists a bit (downtown anyway,) but Ro$emont, where the con is held, has raised it to an art form.

We're not blaming you guys. We're just understanding it. lol I love it in Chicago, but I wouldn't want to live in downtown. I got lost just trying to go to a college visit... XD

#32 User is offline   Milky Mixer 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8189

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

I booked my reservations today. This is what I know...

Room rates are $127 (as stated elsewhere) with a deposit of $143 due in April. If you need to cancel, you must do so before April 19th or this deposit is non-refundable. I wasn't asked about breakfast (didn't someone around here say they gave them an option of paying an extra $20 for breakfast or something?). The very nice lady I spoke to said ACen con rates are in her system as "midwest animation."

I'm checking in on Thursday and leaving Sunday. (I want to try to get up to Chicago early and hit the Chicago Institute of Art museum on Thursday.) Con rate applies for me on Thursday night as well.

I booked a king non-smoking for 1 person. I didn't ask if any doubles were available, but the lady who took my reservation did give me that as an option (which leads me to believe they are not all booked yet). I also asked if there were a lot of rooms left, but she said as she is not actually on site so she doesn't really have a way to check... she said SOME conventions seem to sellout really far in advance though, so you never know).

I personally suspect there are double rooms left for those of you who want them since ACen hasn't even announced the rates yet, but I thought some people stated they weren't able to reserve them. So it could be they are all booked. I just thought it was odd that she'd ask me if I needed a double if they're all gone... but then she did say she had no way of knowing how many rooms were left either. Anyway, just wanted to post my own experience. I'm glad I got a room. May seems so far away, but it's one less thing to worry about I guess.

Last year (2006 con) I didn't book my room until January and had no problems staying at the main hotel. But it's possible this year's con, being the 10th anniversary con, will be a bigger event. Hope this info helps someone else out...

#33 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

I booked my hotel room awhile back too... and my sister and I asked for double beds, they put that on the prefferred list... cause last year it was on like a first come, first serve basis... my sister and I didn't want to wait last year so we just took a king bed (the double bed rooms were being cleaned)

You know what... they should go ahead and make it a four day con(not really :sweatdrop), almost everyone I've talked/seen post are going on Thursday... who is actually going on Friday? I'm curious. I know I'm going on Thursday to relax a bit in the hotel room, instead of rushing everything. ^^Uu
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#34 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 666

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:58 PM

Just to let everybody know, we have not officially opened the ACen 2007 room block or released room rates for the 2007 convention as of yet.

Please be advised that the room rates you have been told may not be the final rates for the 2007 convention.

We are working on getting things finalized as we speak. When we do, we will make an official announcement, but until then, please hold off from trying to make any reservations.

Hopefully, you will not have to wait much longer, but give us time to work things out for everybody's benefit, okay?

Thanks in advance.

Beryl Turner
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur... goes a Latin proverb. The world wants to be deceived...So let it be deceived."
"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
Henri Ducard (Ras Al Ghul)- Batman Begins
"It is pleasant at times to play the madman..."
Seneca- Roman Dramatist, Philosopher, & Politician
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
Nothing is true. All is permissible."
Hassan I Sabbah- Lord and leader of the Assassins Cult

#35 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:05 PM

This will be my first year getting the hotel and setting that whole thing up, as well as driving there myself.

I'm kinda freaking out, as I have never driven there before...I never even been on the highway.

I'm also scared, cause I don't wanna lose that 143 deposit :)

I dunno when people usually do hotel rooms or whatever, but If i can't get the main hotel, I don't think i'll enjoy going to acen as much. I like to just walk around sometimes.

I'm going with an online friend, that's a huge anime fan. I just hope he doesn't flake out on me last second.

plus he has to fly out here for it...I gotta save money for this, probably means I won't have money for a ps3 :(

I'll wait and see how "asking for roommates" will go , so I don't have to worry about the damn cost of the hotel myself, probably just ask for one other person...
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#36 User is offline   Shukumei 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7456

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:07 PM

Yeah I totally know what you mean Neomiroku. This is my first convention and I'm kinda spazzing out about it to. I'm so tempted just to book a room now, but I don't know if I should because the con-rates haven't been posted and yeah. But I don't want the rooms to run out cause some are saying they will and others say they won't.

Phew.

I'm sure it will all work out for us new peoples.
[Insert witty and funny quip here]

#37 User is offline   Jnkolm 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6308

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:43 PM

Very interesting stuff here. I think we reserved our room sometime in mid-April or later last year and got what we were wanting. I don't believe we were in the main hotel but we were close and had a skywalk and everything XD

While I'd probably recommend reserving something earlier than that, I'd say unless you want really really specific rooms that it is not yet time to start going crazy.
Whose Line is it Anime? America's favorite tradition since we started saying it is.
Insert Witty Title Here is where we are. I dare you to find us

Whose Line is it Anime? We do the things you like. All of them.

Insert Witty Title Here! Our parents say we're awesome! In private.

#38 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:10 AM

Well, whenever the con block ends and rates are out, I'll make sure to call the Hyatt and be sure if my room is still reserved and all, cause you can never be too sure. lol!
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#39 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:18 AM

To those of you who are spazzing out because it's your first con, don't worry. My first time was a little scary, but you get used to it real fast. The Hyatt's not too hard to find. Just make sure you have directions, and if you're gonna hit multiple tolls, make sure you have the change separate, and after the last toll, you're gonna have to make a curve and onto a main street, only thing is, you can keep going right and continue on the highway, but you want to get in a farther left lane so you can make the right turn correctly onto the main street.
That's the only thing that worried me when I drove some of my co-workers to a Work Conference in the same hotel; Ironic... But I met one of the men working at the Hyatt, and I told him I go there every year, and I showed him a picture of my costume. He's like, "I do believe I saw you this past year. I work when that convention is going on. It's really fun to watch all the people go around in costumes."
Alright, I'm yammering. Anyway, I waiting to reserve my room. We reserved them February last year and got a room just fine, we just needed to get there earlier. I am the leader of the Kirara support group, so if anybody doesn't feel that they will be able to get their room in the Hyatt or a room at all, please PM me and I can explain to you what the Kirara Support Group is. The only thing that it has to do with me is that I'm paying, but we have limited spaces avaliable.
Thank You!

#40 User is offline   Firestar28 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8218

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:45 AM

Will they be posting it up soon or in december because I need to know how much to save for the hotel.

#41 User is offline   Cuddles116 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7378

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

Firestar28 said:

Will they be posting it up soon or in december because I need to know how much to save for the hotel.

You can estimate that you are going to need $150 a night for the hotel room which is a major bargain compared to their usual prices. That would be a basic room that was about $130 a night with the 13% hotel tax. So if you stay Thursday - Sunday figure about $450 or Friday - Sunday = $300

Don't forget for an extra $30 :or was it $40: you can do the late checkout on Sunday which is like 4 o'clock :or was it 3 lol: either way I think it's worth it to get every cosplaying moment in lol

Anyway you don't have to worry about having that money all up front you will just need a deposit for the room (it will probably be around one nights stay so $150) sometime in March/April.

So don't worry :D even if the Hyatt does sell out the hotels that connect through the skywalk give discounted rates as well, as does the hotel that is like across the street and it wouldn't be too much more...actually it would probably be nicer to party with people staying at the Hyatt but then crossing the street and staying in a place that would be quieter...crap I should have thought about that before booking my room for the 10th - 13th :sweatdrop lol gotta enjoy that pool and some early cosplaying :Knowing hotel staff and getting their rates = extreme cheap happiness:
JenFur
Toxic Kiwi Wig/Prop Commissions
Anime Central 2011
. . Fri - Scanty (w/ Brief)- Panty & Stocking
. . Sat - Panty (w/ Brief)- Panty & StockingHalloween 2011 - Alice - Resident Evil Afterlife
Pictures - ACEN Aftershock, ACEN 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, Reactor 2009, 2007, [size=2]2006

#42 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:51 PM

@ little kirara

I'm a bit scared, if you have AIM or MSN please PM me those so I can get in contact with you.

#43 User is offline   HellHawk86 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8409

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:22 AM

neomiroku said:

@ little kirara

I'm a bit scared, if you have AIM or MSN please PM me those so I can get in contact with you.
he is thats not right :mad:
:heart: :heart: Dex is the name look to meat some fly girl out there :heart: :heart:

#44 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

HellHawk86 said:

he is thats not right :mad:

What's not right? That he's scared? What's not right about that? Everyone's allowed to be scared. Don't be rude. That didn't even need to be said at all.

#45 User is offline   HellHawk86 

• Pip

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:24 PM

Little Kirara said:

What's not right? That he's scared? What's not right about that? Everyone's allowed to be scared. Don't be rude. That didn't even need to be said at all.
no no not that. i was saying thats not right to grab some ones butt or it smack
:heart: :heart: Dex is the name look to meat some fly girl out there :heart: :heart:

#46 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:14 PM

Um... nobody said anything about that... At all...

#47 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sales Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Section Chief
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

neomiroku said:

I'm also scared, cause I don't wanna lose that 143 deposit :)

I dunno when people usually do hotel rooms or whatever, but If i can't get the main hotel, I don't think i'll enjoy going to acen as much.  I like to just walk around sometimes.

I'm going with an online friend, that's a huge anime fan.  I just hope he doesn't flake out on me last second.

The Hyatt starts selling out of double bed rooms usually towards mid-January, and completely sells out by February. But you'll want to reserve a room as soon as you can so you don't have to worry about getting the room you want.

After the hotel sells out is probably a good time to find roomies, because by then most the people attending the con will have started looking for a place to crash. As far as getting them money, you could have them give you the first night deposit (however you're dividing the cost) to you and if they back out you keep it after the april date. Then you have to scramble around last minute to find someone to replace that person, and it cuts into your pocky fund :-(.

#48 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:10 PM

haha, Hellhawk was referring to my signature quote.

but I dunno why he/she quoted my previous post for that.

@ kirara I added you to my buddylist hope to see you on sometime just to chat..always like making new online friends.

@ moogle, the money isn't the biggest problem, considering I can either sell off my room if I wanted to, if I didn't take back the money before the final date set by the hotel. I just freak when I haven't done something before.

I'll be getting the room and stuff so I won't worry about finding a roommate, I'm sure they'll be people looking and I'll post once I get my room..hopefully a double. since my friend is supposed to come.

#49 User is offline   HellHawk86 

• Pip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:22 AM

neomiroku said:

haha, Hellhawk was referring to my signature quote.

but I dunno why he/she quoted my previous post for that.

@ kirara I added you to my buddylist hope to see you on sometime just to chat..always like making new online friends.

@ moogle, the money isn't the biggest problem, considering I can either sell off my room if I wanted to, if I didn't take back the money before the final date set by the hotel.  I just freak when I haven't done something before.

I'll be getting the room and stuff so I won't worry about finding a roommate, I'm sure they'll be people looking and I'll post once I get my room..hopefully a double. since my friend is supposed to come.
im a he and my bad he he he he :confused:

#50 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:51 AM

ahha, My bad hawk...it's just hard to tell sometimes.

--I'm excited and nervous about going this year.

I guess I'm one of the few, if I did go every year it'd probably easier.

I think I'll go as a con-goer till I'm like 28 or 29, then most likely staff.

this is going on the hope ACEN keeps going and going :) which I have no doubt it will.

I mean, how long has otakon been going on?

#51 User is offline   Calliel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7181

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hopefully I won't get smacked down for posting this, seeing as I am in no way ACen staff or anything, but...I called the Hyatt today and as of today, November 6, they are offering rooms for the convention. The rate is $127 per night, $143.51 with tax, for either a double or king-sized room, and they have both available. :)

So go nuts!

(I have no idea what force compelled me to call them on the very first day they're giving these rooms out, but damn am I happy XD)

#52 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

Calliel said:

Hopefully I won't get smacked down for posting this, seeing as I am in no way ACen staff or anything, but...I called the Hyatt today and as of today, November 6, they are offering rooms for the convention. The rate is $127 per night, $143.51 with tax, for either a double or king-sized room, and they have both available. :)

So go nuts!

(I have no idea what force compelled me to call them on the very first day they're giving these rooms out, but damn am I happy XD)

They were giving them out when I called on October 23rd, too. So today was not the first day.

I just want to know if the suites are going to go down in price, or if I should reserve more regular rooms instead. No one has responded to my questions about it...
"You think so too, right?"

#53 User is offline   Calliel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7181

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:20 PM

Gotcha--that's really strange, the woman on the phone told me this was the first day for it. O__o Hope everything's kosher. And I don't have a clue about the suites.

#54 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:29 PM

I really hope this doesn't come to bite me in the butt, but I think Im going to wait till later this month to call.

if you guys remember when double bed rooms went out last year , so I can get a general idea of when to call...that would help me out a lot.

#55 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:27 PM

@ Brightdreamer:

Sorry, but I don't think you get much of a break on the suites. It would be more beneficial to you to get more double rooms, at least, that's how it's usually worked out in Japanese Club's case. It's cheaper, and can be divided up more ways, but that's if you have the people to go. I think the cheapest is 250 bucks? but don't quote me on that.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#56 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:41 AM

I cannot believe how so many people are rushing and freaking out (figure of speech so nobody yells at me again) and reserving rooms already when they havn't even updated the website. Why can nobody let the Staff do their job and just wait patiently. Way too many people have been getting different information on the Hyatt rooms, and it's beginning to make me think that the Hyatt is screwing things around. One minute they're sold out of double beds, the next they're not. The Con Block hasn't even opened yet, so why are people getting rooms already? You ask Hyatt about the room block, and they're not going to know what you're talking about, which is why I trust the Staff. You're getting that they're sold out of so much because the Con Block is blocking off rooms, in my opinion. I wouldn't trust Hyatt right now with stuff about the Con. They're just the ones hosting it, not planning it. They don't have to know anything about it, they're just there. Why not trust the Mighty Acen Staff, be patient, and wait for info, as impatient as some of you may be. Acen is still way far off, and I didn't reserve my room till February or March last year. Still got in just fine. Forget what the Hyatt is telling you! Try actually trusting the Acen Staff to do what they say they're going to do, people, come on now!

#57 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:41 AM

Moot point, however, it's still a good idea to keep in mind that this is the tenth year of ACEN, and I'm sure that rooms will go quickly. Con prices or not, people can still reserve their rooms and get the con rate when it is announced. I'm not trying to say things to make people freak out, and I understand your slight impatience with the newer con goers who are worried about being able to go and get rooms at the Hyatt, but how else is anything going to get confirmed unless people speak up? I believe in the staff and they'll get back to us when they have information, which will most likely all be released when the new site is up and running. In addition to guests, and hotel information, ACEN staff is also dealing with pre-registration from those people who have gone to other cons. It's quite a workload, and patience is a virtue. ^^ If anyone else has questions, just ask, and I'm sure there are those of us who know the answer and can help you out. I don't want to deter people asking questions, so ask away, just make sure to check out the previous topics to see if your question has been asked and answered already, k? And if you're really super worried about rooms, just take a deep breath and calm down. It's only November, so there's still plenty of rooms, and plenty of time to get your rooms reserved.

Kristen~:heart:
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#58 User is offline   ArcaneJazz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8429

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

Sayuri-chan said:

...And if you're really super worried about rooms, just take a deep breath and calm down. It's only November, so there's still plenty of rooms, and plenty of time to get your rooms reserved.  

Kristen~:heart:

Yah... She makes a good point. This May is gonna be my first con ever, and this is the first time staying at a hotel, and... *sigh* honestly, the first time ive ever even left my home state. :( Im really excited, but at the same time, scared as hell. Im taking the train (something else Ive never done), and... I have no idea what to do when I get there.

Does anyone have like... the website for the main hotel where i can get this discount? Also... is this deal only on doubles? Or could I get a room with a single full size bed? If anyone has covered these points, please forgive my unobservativeness >__<;;
ARCANE JAZZ

#59 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sales Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Section Chief
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

ArcaneJazz said:

Does anyone have like... the website for the main hotel where i can get this discount? Also... is this deal only on doubles? Or could I get a room with a single full size bed? If anyone has covered these points, please forgive my unobservativeness >__<;;

In the past years you've always had to call the hyatt directly and ask for a hotel room in the ACEN block, whether it changes this year I don't know (probably not though). The discount will be applied to both double bed rooms and single rooms.

#60 User is offline   ArcaneJazz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8429

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

Thanks moog! So... the Hyatt, huh? Mmk then... Well, next time I collect my wad, Ill give em a call and see if I can get a room >_> Think 6 months in advance is too soon?
ARCANE JAZZ

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users