Anime Central Forums: When Will Hotel And Registration Info Be Announced? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

When Will Hotel And Registration Info Be Announced?

#61 User is offline   Wolftin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6866

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:15 AM

Ok so i called yesterday (11-07-06) and there already out of double bed rooms. >.< not freaking cool at all
They did say somethign about a hold if there is any rooms that become avilable, i think they ment that the con reserves more that is, not sure on that part.
They act as though the con has already gotten them the priceing. Everytime i have called (2~3 times) they confirmed that they have priceing for the con.

Also FYI for everyone that is lazy here is there phone #:

Hyatt Regency O'Hare: 847-696-1234
The Westin O'Hare (which is near by, as in walking distance): 847-698-6000
Double Tree O'Hare: Working on finding that one still

Also my wife said that a few years ago when she went that if you were not par tof the hotel that you would not be able to do somethings that are late at night. Something about them closeing sections and only the hotel guests would be able to get in. This did not make much sense to me, could someone give some light to what she may be talking about?
If you see some one anywhere named Wolftin, 99% sure it is me :D
Soldier of the Glomp Team
A member of the glomp team's Glomp Wolf Duo *wolfglomps you*

#62 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 5284

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:40 AM

The con block hasn't even been opened. The Staff hasn't given us any update yet. I'm waiting till the website is up

#63 User is offline   ArcaneJazz 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8429

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:16 PM

Wolftin said:

Ok so i called yesterday (11-07-06) and there already out of double bed rooms.  >.< not freaking cool at all
They did say somethign about a hold if there is any rooms that become avilable, i think they ment that the con reserves more that is, not sure on that part.  
They act as though the con has already gotten them the priceing. Everytime i have called (2~3 times) they confirmed that they have priceing for the con.    

Well... thats just silly >_^_^
ARCANE JAZZ

#64 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:25 PM

They will probably say that they are full until ACEN releases the convention rates. That's how it's worked in the past. The Hyatt will not be full until the staff member in charge of the hotel relations says it is. So don't panic about not being able to get a room.

Wolftin said:

Also my wife said that a few years ago when she went that if you were not par tof the hotel that you would not be able to do somethings that are late at night. Something about them closeing sections and only the hotel guests would be able to get in. This did not make much sense to me, could someone give some light to what she may be talking about?

Techniclly, if you aren't staying at the hotel you're supposed to be out by midnight. However, I've never once been asked to present proof that I was staying at the hotel. So as long as you aren't causing any trouble I don't think it'll be a problem. There's too many people there for them to check to see if they're guests at the hotel.

#65 User is offline   ArcaneJazz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8429

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:06 AM

"The Hyatt will not be full until the staff member in charge of the hotel relations says it is. So don't panic about not being able to get a room."

*rests easy* thanks... >__< Im so increidbly nervous about all this. Every bit about this whole experience is completely new to me. *sigh*
ARCANE JAZZ

#66 User is offline   Calliel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7181

Posted 10 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

Little Kirara said:

The con block hasn't even been opened. The Staff hasn't given us any update yet. I'm waiting till the website is up

Kirara--yes, it has. Seriously. I made my reservations on Monday, I specifically asked if the rooms being reserved for Anime Central were opened, and they said yes, they just had. They gave me the special convention rate over the phone, which was $127 per night, $143.51 with tax, and that is a LOT less than their normal rate--so yes, they have been opened. I have a reservation number, I called to check on it last night, and they told me "one double room, Thursday-Sunday, Anime Central group."

So yes, it really has been opened, whether it's on the site or not.

If you need more proof: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/ally...reservation.jpg
My reservation page screenshot. I made this reservation on the phone Monday, and just checked it tonight.

#67 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:47 AM

ok, seriously this is giving me some anxiety. I know it's no big deal, but when you're pretty much a noob to organizing stuff..and you already have a tendency to be paranoid and be on a timely fashion...these news updates on hotel rates and rooms available and not are driving me crazy.

I want to wait till the site updates, but I dunno when that'll happen.

and I saw on an other thread that there's going to be a staff meeting today or tomorrow and then news might be coming out later tomorrow or monday. so it's all getting confined...at least for me.

I think i'll wait till sunday-monday before I freak out completely :)

oh also heard someone say there were disputes on the hotel negotiations between acen and hyatt..
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#68 User is offline   HellHawk86 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 8409

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:12 PM

neomiroku said:

ahha, My bad hawk...it's just hard to tell sometimes.

--I'm excited and nervous about going this year.

I guess I'm one of the few, if I did go every year it'd probably easier.

I think I'll go as a con-goer till I'm like 28 or 29, then most likely staff.

this is going on the hope ACEN keeps going and going :)  which I have no doubt it will.

I mean, how long has otakon been going on?
Oh its ok i know its hard to tell. Im excited too this will be my 2nd time there YAY lol i'll be takeing pic at the con maybe i'll take some pic of some HOTTES lol:heart:
:heart: :heart: Dex is the name look to meat some fly girl out there :heart: :heart:

#69 User is offline   Orphen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5193

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:15 AM

I've worked in the hotel industry, dealing with roomblocks. one for the largest airshow/flyin in the country. This may be a moot point, and maybe its been covered already, however, when a convention as HUGE as Animecentral is in town, and right at the Hyatt, the hotel block is alread made. its made shortly after the previous convention has been concluded. The reason the hyatt says they are sold out..is because to the average joe they are. simply mentioning that you are with the convention matters not to them. They will not budge on those rooms untill given the sayso from ACEN. There for, the rooms are NOT gone, but simply unavailable at the moment. And only because ACEN has probably not finished working out the final and complete details for the block.

"freaking out" will not get you anywhere...at least not yet. ;)

Chaos always defeats order, because it is better organised. - T. Pratchett

#70 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:24 AM

While that may be true, it seems that some hotel employees ARE letting people reserve the con block rooms... and some are not. There seems to be some sort of miscommunication going on.
"You think so too, right?"

#71 User is offline   Orphen 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5193

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:31 AM

As always happens with every business. Its different with every hotel ofcourse, however its *usually* the same at most hotels. they probably shouldnt be selling from the con block, and if they've been given the ok, maybe only certain employees who know and understand how the block works, can sell from it. I know at the place I worked at, there were maybe two people allowed to sell from the blocks, because of the way you had to book the room.
either way, its all speculation at this point. there are alot of rooms at the hyatt. I'm not particularly worried. This will be my 4th year, and my sister's 10th. We've never had problems getting a room there.
Chaos always defeats order, because it is better organised. - T. Pratchett

"Family, unity, with diversity and individuality so fsck popularity....
You're the reason why I put my life into this shxt
I swear to god if you don't feel me, I'm just as real as counter-fit
You're the reason why I've been chosen, selected
With the juggalos I'm connected" - Your the Reazon Twiztid

#72 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:31 PM

This thread has been closed. Please read the Convention Chair's post and latest update regarding this matter at http://www.acen.org/...ead.php?t=14378, please continue this topic discussion in that thread.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users