Anime Central Forums: When Will Hotel And Registration Info Be Announced? - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

When Will Hotel And Registration Info Be Announced?

#1 User is offline   Milky Mixer 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8189

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:14 PM

Approximately when can we expect hotel information and registration information to be announced? I attended Anime Weekend Atlanta in September and they've already got updated information up for next year's con. ACen was in May but it doesn't appear we can register or book our rooms yet. I really want to get this taken care of, as I had a fantastic time at ACen this year and am planning to attend again next year. I know it's a pesty thing to ask, but when does this info usually go up. I've been waiting to reserve my hotel room until we get the official announcement. Plus, the earlier you register for the con, the lower the price, right? So when does this info go public? Anyone? :heart:

#2 User is offline   FMJ_Phoe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5678

Posted 19 October 2006 - 03:06 PM

I would also like to know, due to the fact last yr around this time and Nov, I already booked my room for ACEN 2006 x.x XD i really am itching to plan.

#3 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4134

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:52 PM

Well... last year, I think the room rates came out around November.... ><

As of yet, they haven't come out this year. However, I did call the Hyatt, and asked if ACEN had made the rates yet, and the hotel said yes. >< So I booked.... What sucked is they said they were already sold out of two double beds rooms.... so I had to book one with just a King sized bed... but I'm on request just in case a room with two double beds opens.... ><

Oye... but at least I have a room. XP

#4 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:35 PM

We will be working on it as soon as we can, I know personally that the Reg DH is putting everything towards getting prereg set up for this year.
I really can't speak towards room availibility so we'll have to wait for someone else to talk about that.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#5 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

TheLadyRaven said:

What sucked is they said they were already sold out of two double beds rooms

Okay, now that is freaking crazy... it kind of pees me off that people can't wait until the rates are announced, if that information is true.

But I guess if that's how everyone plays, I might as well too... I'm going to order my room today.

:mad:
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#6 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:33 AM

I know. >< I normally wouldn't do it either, I didn't last year, but in the forum somewhere, (sorry, I can't remember what topic) people were saying they had already called, and that they had already established the prices. So I called just in case.

#7 User is offline   Milky Mixer 

• Pip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:53 AM

I agree, it's kinda crummy that the site hasn't been updated to say "Hey, we have prices and you can call now to reserve your rooms." I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and make my reservations this weekend. Although I didn't reserve until January last year (and was able to get a room) I want to make sure I'm able to stay at the hotel where the con is. Makes it so much easier to wander off to bed at 2 am and then get back up at 5 am to catch something in the viewing rooms. Of course, that's only if there aren't a bunch of goobers playing "Let's ride the elevators." Maybe I need to post a suggestion that someone be in charge of elevator monitor duty. Or can I ask for a room on a lower floor when I make my reservation so I can just use the stairs?

#8 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:55 AM

I PMed the MAPS director to see if the rooms are really sold out or if they are still on con block... so I'm waiting until I hear from them before I actually place an order... and if I can't get into the Hyatt... Double Tree is there and few other hotels, so... whatever.
Thursday-
Sunday-

#9 User is offline   Milky Mixer 

• Pip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

I find it really REALLY unlikely that rooms are selling out this early. The con isn't even until May! But I'd rather stay at the con hotel if I possibly can (plus I thought the room was just so nice last time). Though it might be rude to reserve before the official announcement and I hate to use the "well everyone else is doing it so why can't I?" reasoning, I guess I'll do it anyway... It's first come first serve, I guess.

#10 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 5284

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:58 AM

Um... you guys do realize that there is a conblock for a lot of rooms, right? I waited until like, Jan, Feb, maybe even March to reserve a room and we still got one last year. Granted it was on the 11th floor and my costume make it almost impossible to go up and down those stairs, but I think that was because we got there late. We'll be getting there Thursday this year instead of late Friday. They like to over book to make sure they're full. And then once there's no more rooms, they just tell people that they're full, whether there were reservations or not. They can't be sold out already. There's a conblock until they release information, from what I've heard on another topics. People, stop freaking out. If they didn't release info till Nov, then give them till Nov. Do you even realize how hard it really is to plan and run a con? Give these people a bit of a break. They're working on it. Geez!

#11 User is offline   Milky Mixer 

• Pip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

I don't think any of us are "freaking out." I certainly don't feel like I'm freaking out. Do any of the rest of you feel as if you are freaking out?

I opened this thread to ask when the reservation information would be posted. The question as to when the info will be posted hasn't really been answered, but a discussion has followed. We may be speculating, and we may be showing our concern about booking rooms, but if you notice, I myself said I doubted the hotel is "sold out." I'm not in a panic over this, so "freaking out" seems a bit dramatic to say.

And yes, we all realize how much planning goes into the con, we all appreciate that planning. We're simply discussing reserving rooms. We're not being overly critical of the folks who put the convention on for all of us to enjoy, so please Little Kirara, stop jumping our cases, k? :heart:

EDIT: Sorry if my post seems snotty, I honestly don't want to argue or anything. I'm just saying, I don't think any of us are over-reacting or are trying to be angry or indifferent towards the con planners. We're just anxious to get some con info, that's all.

#12 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

Little Kirara said:

They like to over book to make sure they're full. And then once there's no more rooms, they just tell people that they're full, whether there were reservations or not.

You're thinking of the airlines. Hotels don't really have that luxury.

#13 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:55 PM

Sorry. >< For one thing, I'm not freaking out, and I hope this doesn't sound mean either. I know the planning of the con takes a lot of hard work, and patience. And I do think I reserved rooms for 2006 in November of 2005. All I'm saying is that I heard from other people that the block was already out for ACEN, and they had already reserved.

Also, I did not state that all the rooms were sold out. Of the con block, when I called the other day, they said all the rooms with two double beds were already sold out. >< But they had already places the hotel blocks for rooms, and the rate was already established.

The only reason I called was because people said that you were able to make reservations.

#14 User is offline   gundamnook 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 579

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:52 PM

Room types are never "sold out" until the day of the convention. This is because they are on a first come, first serve basis. Every year they tell me that they will put in the computer that I would like two double beds but that they are not guaranteed. They then give you your room type based on when you arrive and what's available at the time. So I wouldn't worry about not getting a room. Because they will have rooms available til pretty close to the con. If you want a specific type of room, you have to check in early.
僕が正義だ

#15 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:17 AM

*face palm*

Duh! I should have known that from last year! My sister and I had requested a room with double beds, but we became too impatient and got a room with just one king bed instead.
Thursday-
Sunday-

#16 User is offline   TheLadyRaven 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 October 2006 - 04:14 AM

gundamnook said:

Room types are never "sold out" until the day of the convention.  This is because they are on a first come, first serve basis.  Every year they tell me that they will put in the computer that I would like two double beds but that they are not guaranteed.  They then give you your room type based on when you arrive and what's available at the time.  So I wouldn't worry about not getting a room.  Because they will have rooms available til pretty close to the con.  If you want a specific type of room, you have to check in early.

XP That makes sense, considering that when I got there last year, I requested two double beds, but they still asked me if I wanted a king or two doubles. XP Thanks!!!! ^^ XP Either way it's not a big deal. They said they would send up a rollaway if I got only one king, for no charge... but as of right now, it's no big deal... only 3 people are planning to be in my room, and that's including me.

^^ But thanks very much!!!

#17 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:45 PM

Actually, the Hyatt does have that luxury. My mother even told me, and I know she ain't stupid. lol. Anyway, I really dont appreciate you accusing me of jumping at you guys. When i said freaking out, I meant it jokingly. Don't start assuming you know how people are saying something. Anyone could say what I did with a smile on their face, so I was never jumping on any of you. I never said anyone was being over critical either. If that's how I'm gonna get treated any time I make a simple comment to try and help someone, I'll just get off the forums, cuz that's all that ever seems to happen.

#18 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hm. I suppose I should try to reserve my suite, then...
"You think so too, right?"

#19 User is offline   Magic Cupcake 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7123

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:31 PM

Okay well, from what I've gathered... I called the hotel and the lady said that:

ACen does have blocks on rooms obviously, and it will be $147 per night WITH breakfast, otherwise its $127 per night...

Once you order your room there is suppose to be a $143 deposit that is NOT refundable.

Still haven't gotten my room, just information. But I probably will later this week. Still trying to find people to room with (we have 2 people so far) >_<

Hope this helps!
:heart:I Love Kentaro Shinseki :heart:
-->Proud Member of: Just Say No to Dubs
--> <3Wear by LTT ...Check out our site!
--> Go 4chan! :)

Cosplays for 2007!
~Asuna from Mahou Sensei Negi
~Short kimono waitress outfit from Pia Carrot G.O
~Arin from Sukkato Golf -Pangya!-
~School uniform Asuna from Mahou Sensei Negima!
~also possiblily of bringing back old cosplays for photo shoots, or upon request ^_^

2006 cosplays were: <Older> Sakura (Naruto Shippuden), Kaede Fuuyo (Shuffle!), newspaper deliverer Asuna (Negima)

Wii friend code: 6920 2490 2361 8840
Mii name: Bess

#20 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:41 PM

Huh, they didn't mention breakfast when I called. But I'm assuming that the extra $20 is only for ONE person's meal? Forget that. Peanutbutter and banana sandwiches FTW! :D Also, instant oatmeal or ramen cooks very nicely with hot water from the coffeepot. It's even edible if you accidentally leave the coffee filter in. :sweatdrop

Anyway, I reserved my suite + adjoining room today for the 10th-14th. The suite didn't have a special con rate, unfortunately... two years ago, they had a half-price discount. They're supposed to automatically update my rate if that changes, and call to let me know. I'll call again once rates are officially announced. Would be nice to know if suites are being negotiated, though... that thing is $559 + tax per night! :eek:

#21 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:18 PM

Cancel your reserve is my suggestion. There ARE special rates for the con, but they haven't been worked out yet. When they are decided, they will be posted here and on the website.

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#22 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

`Aygen` said:

Cancel your reserve is my suggestion.  There ARE special rates for the con, but they haven't been worked out yet.  When they are decided, they will be posted here and on the website.

Uh... no. They did say if the con rate was worked out for the suite, it would be automatically changed on my reservation. Why should I cancel it and risk it getting sold out like it did last year? :confused: And they did give me the convention rate on the adjoining room, so apparently it HAS been worked out, just not announced yet.

#23 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Well, I dun know. Con rates were $124 last year. $127 sounds a bit right.
Though why would there be a $142 deposit if it's only $127? That's rediculous.

#24 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:54 PM

Little Kirara said:

Well, I dun know. Con rates were $124 last year. $127 sounds a bit right.
Though why would there be a $142 deposit if it's only $127? That's rediculous.

One word: TAXES. Calculate $127 + 13% tax and it comes out to about $143.

#25 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:58 PM

Yup, always remember that there are mondo taxes in Chicago.
(well, compared to where I'm used to in Michigan, heh.)
We always try to round up about $20 a night to figure it in.

#26 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

Crimany! Then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Taxes here jumped a bit. It didn't used to be more than 8%, but working at Kohl's that tax percent has been staring me in the face. Is tax seriously 13%? Again, I shouldn't be surprised. Their minimum wage, from what I've found from my friend, is like, over $6. That's nuts compared to here in STL. $5.15 is minimum and I'm making $6.50. So I'm making about min in Chicago. Sheesh!

#27 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

Lodging taxes are always higher than regular taxes. I think at Sakuracon in Seattle, the tax on the hotel was like 15%.

#28 User is offline   Little Kirara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:48 PM

Brightdreamer said:

Lodging taxes are always higher than regular taxes. I think at Sakuracon in Seattle, the tax on the hotel was like 15%.

Well yeah, but I didn't expect it to be that much... Great, looks like I've got a bit more work to do for the Kirara Support Group...

#29 User is offline   Shukumei 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7456

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:06 PM

Woooow. 13%... Wow. In Indiana, it's 6%. But I think that 13% is with the hotel tax rate mixed in as well. Hopefully. At least, that's what my mom told me to calm down. *chuckles*

Yay for getting my log-in screen finally working!!!
[Insert witty and funny quip here]

#30 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:02 PM

psyco_chick32 said:

Yup, always remember that there are mondo taxes in Chicago.

Don't blame Chicago for that one. We may gouge tourists a bit (downtown anyway,) but Ro$emont, where the con is held, has raised it to an art form.

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users