• This topic is locked

Will suites be blocked for us?

#1 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 1105

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:25 PM

Okay, I want to avoid having the same problem I did last year with booking a suite, so I'm going to ask well in advance.

Last year, I called far early, probably in November, to reserve a suite for my large group. I wanted to do what we had done the year before, which was to get a suite with an extra room attached. It fit our group of 12 quite nicely. However, when I called, they said that no group rate had been set yet, so I decided to wait, as the year before, the suite had been half-price.

BUT, when I called back, just a few short weeks later, after the con rates were posted, I was told that the suites had SOLD OUT. :confused:

My question is... should I have booked early at full price, then called back when the con rates were announced? Or should I check the forums every freakin' day to see when they're up so I make SURE to get a suite? Having to coordinate three separate rooms together was a huge pain, and I'd rather not have to do it again.
"You think so too, right?"

#2 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 November 2006 - 12:04 AM

Bumping this thread up so I can hopefully get an answer from a staff member. If suites are NOT going to have a special rate, my group cannot afford one, so I need to book regular rooms instead. I already booked at the regular rate, which was insanely expensive. But I'll cancel it and re-book regular rooms if I have to... I just don't want to wait too long and have them sold out.

#3 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:35 AM

There will be a staff meeting tomorrow, I'm not going to be there but there are notes being sent to the meeting about it. Hopefully, well have an answer by Sunday ^_^.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#4 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:40 AM

djfluffkins said:

There will be a staff meeting tomorrow, I'm not going to be there but there are notes being sent to the meeting about it. Hopefully, well have an answer by Sunday ^_^.

Thank you! I don't mean to be so anxious, but being in charge of a large group puts quite a bit of pressure on me! :sweatdrop

#5 User is offline   FMJ_Phoe 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5678

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:23 AM

Hey I wanted to know about last year How much would of the suite with the extra room been if you got it? Cause I also have a big group this year and yes the pressure is like huge LOL

#6 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:12 PM

All the suites were sold out last year before I even tried. They would have been half price with the discount.

#7 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

Official Hyatt Hotel Information-11/13/06
Here is an update as to what is going on with Anime Central 2007 and The Hyatt Regency O'Hare.

The Hyatt Regency O'Hare is currently preparing for a full remodel and as a result, Anime Central is expecting to enter discussions with them in regards to what work is being done and how it will affect the attendees and the convention in general.

In light of these changes, we have not released the room rates for the 2007 convention and will not do so until we have concluded the discussion with the hotel. We expect said discussion to be concluded by December, and upon conclusion, we will post a second update, and consequently release the 2007 room rates.

For any attendee who has already made a reservation, we suggest that you check the terms of your reservation agreement regarding guaranteed pricing as the consequences of the discussion may or may not result in a room rate change.

Regarding other posts that have been made, allow me to say the following:

1- The Hyatt is not sold out for Anime Central 2007.

2- Anime Central has not released their 2007 room rates.

We ask that you do not try to reserve any rooms for the convention until we officially release our room rates.

Also please note that as we have not released our official rates, we are not bound to assist you in any problems you may have with your reservations.

If you have already reserved your room, we ask that you cancel your reservation at once, and wait until we release the official rates before you re-reserve it.

If you have any further questions, keep them in the appropriate thread.

Thank you and we apologize for any confusion that this may have caused.

Beryl Turner
Anime Central 2007

In addtion to this the suite will be included n the priceing, because Acen books about 95% of the hotel for the convention weekend. When the rates go up they will be posted on both the forums and the website.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#8 User is offline   Brightdreamer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:17 AM

Sorry, I'm very reluctant to cancel my reservation. Knowing my luck, I'd miss the day the rates were announced and then be SOL on getting a suite. I don't want that to happen again this year.

I was promised that if the rates were released, I would receive the Acen rate on the room. So yeah, sorry, I'm not canceling mine now that I have it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users