Not so anime stuff?

#1 User is offline   Kalista315 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7216

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

Hello ^.^
I went to Acen last year and had a blast.

This year I'm going with a friend that isn't really into Anime. (I'm trying to convert her...but it's not really working o.o)

She's played Final Fantasy X and X-2 (I think that's the only reason why she's coming with me) and is totally obessed with them.

I was wondering if there were types of activities to do at Acen that weren't so Anime-ish (meaning if you've never seen the anime, you would still have a good time)

Oh, and also...

Where do you know where all the activities are going to be at?

I know where the dealer's place is and where the fountains/ballrooms are but what about the panel places? -.-

And... T_T I couldn't find the place where they sold the Acen T-shirts *sniff*
Where's that?

Is there some type of Map Acen hands out?

Thanks!

---Kal

#2 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:52 PM

The map was in the small pocket book program guide. It was a nifty fold-out map.

Dont know how you missed the Acen stuff as you had to walk right past it to get into Artist Alley to walk to the dealers room.

As for panels for 2007 we have just started working on that so nothing is set in stone yet.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#3 User is offline   RRspud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6279

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

Hell Yeah there is other things then just anime stuff... I mean Anime Central has anime in its name but there is also gaming equipment there... I believe you have characters from Games, Manga's, as well as of course anime... Anime is the biggest thing there but it isnt the only thing... I mean i saw a character from Saw 1, and 2 there... that one weird creepy puppet.... And then you had Silent Hill there and such not... So Anime Central is like for anyone who is either a Gamer or an Anime fan ^.^
Darkness Coats Us!
Cosplay @ Acen 07 - Kakashi Hatake from Naruto - 100% Done Woot!
Not a Con Virgin anymore xP

#4 User is offline   Calz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5274

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:35 PM

you definately don't have to be an anime fan to enjoy the underground groove or soap bubble, anyone can dance the night away. (i know i did)
and i'm sure there must be a panel or two that will appeal to your friend. Plus there are plenty of people to meet ...

so yeah i'm sure she'll have a blast.
- hugs and kisses

#5 User is offline   Wolftin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6866

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:00 AM

I'm there with your friend. I have seen maybe 2~4 different types of anime but i have played a ton of Final Fantasy games. There were alot of Final Fantasy Cospalyers there (mostly FF7 and FF10/ffX-2). One of the things that come to mind that they did last year was a Final Fantasy Cosplay Meet-up. This was not done through the Con i think but just alot of people on the fourms made plans to do that. There is a ton of stuff (several dances) to do and if you get there on the first day and look through the book and plan out the rest of the weekend there you will have a ton of fun.
If you see some one anywhere named Wolftin, 99% sure it is me :D
Soldier of the Glomp Team
A member of the glomp team's Glomp Wolf Duo *wolfglomps you*

#6 User is offline   Hitman88 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6226

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Ask her if she likes board games, or card games. Then bring here to he table top gaming rooms!!
~~~~Table Top Gaming Staff ACen2008~~~~

#7 User is offline   Kalista315 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:15 PM

wow, thanks for the feedback guys!

Couple more questions ^.^''

What fold out map? O.o darn, did I like totally forget to grab one or something? I mean, I got the blue bag and stuff...but I don't remember getting a fold out map?

And also, for the table top games...what kind of card games/board games do you play there? Just curious :D

#8 User is offline   Lhos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8540

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

Kalista315 said:

wow, thanks for the feedback guys!

Couple more questions ^.^''

What fold out map? O.o darn, did I like totally forget to grab one or something? I mean, I got the blue bag and stuff...but I don't remember getting a fold out map?

And also, for the table top games...what kind of card games/board games do you play there? Just curious :D

I saw munchkin being played. AWESOME game, it's like D&D without the zits. It's a card game in which you and the other players open one door of a dungeon at a time, and see what's in the room. Combat is simple enough for my sister (4 years old) to understand, and if you or your group win, you all split the treasure. First to level 10 wins, 1000 gold = one level. The monsters and items are all random retardedness, too. (Radioactive dragon.)

I also recall seeing minatures games being played. Not something you'd enjoy unless you've played them before, probably. Very time consuming and serious, far as I've seen. They use miniature figures and a replica battlefield to simulate a single battle. Interesting, but tedious.

There are definitely others - can someone give me a hand here?

Also, don't worry about your friend not being an anime fan. I watched something like one episode of anime in my entire life before last year's ACEN, went, and had a blast. For three days, all the geeks of the world descend upon this one poor hotel and wreak havoc. Put simply, so long as she doesn't mind looking like a moron in front of other people who couldn't care less what you look like, she'll have a blast there.

#9 User is offline   flamingfeenix 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3912

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:12 AM

At my first ACen, I wasn't that into anime yet, but I had a blast anyway, especially at Anime Hell and Midnight Madness. Those are HYSTERICAL! Probably one of my favorite parts of the con besides cosplay. And the Dealer Hall and Artists Alley always have nifty stuff to look at.
I am the McMandie G-Funk. Fear me.

Ninjas > Pirates, fool.

Myspaceage!

#10 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:22 PM

Yeah Anime Hell and Mighnight Madness are pretty fun. You really don't have to know anything about anime at all to enjoy those events.

They are mostly just really funny!!!

Blessed are the cracked:

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#11 User is offline   Kalista315 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

Anime Hell and Midnight Madness?

Okay, I've heard those terms a lot but never really understood what they exactly were -.-

So, are they like dances and stuff?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Much appreciated!

#12 User is offline   Lhos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8540

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

Assuming AMV Hell is or is part of Anime Hell... AMV hell is a long collection of AMV's (sure you know, but just for the sake of it, AMV = anime music video). Unfortunately, I think AMV Hell is 18+. It might be a specific showing that is, because I do recall going to two showings, and one was WAY dirtier. Hillarious, but... ugh. >.o; Some images take a while to leave. ^^;

Midnight Madness... >.< ... I swear I heard it, but I'd imagine it's a dance, judging by the name...

... and yeah, scoping out Cosplay is awesome. You tend to realize that when a giant piece of makizushi (sushi type) CRAMS into your elevator at the 10th floor after you've gone from seventh to third, BACK UP to the tenth, and hit every one all the way down to the second. (The people at the bottom heard a bunch of screaming and cheering as this door-filling sushi piece runs out of the elevator. Good times, those were...)

#13 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:51 AM

omg, are you all serious?

Anime Hell is a collection of funny clips from just about anything. They've had funny commericals, clips of GI Joe(real ones and messed up ones), and many more things. It's really funny!

Midnight Madness is a showing of parody fandubs. Eva ReDeath is a famous one along with Fanboy Bebop. It's also really funny.

I love AH & MM :heart:
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#14 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:38 AM

The two dances that we have are Underground Grove- which happens Friday night. And the Soap Bubble- which happens Saturday night in main programming.
They play all kinds of great dance music, that makes you just want o get on the floor and stay till they stop.

One year I heard the Soap Bubble went till 6am cause thats when they had to start getting ready for Sunday's programming !!!!

Blessed are the cracked:

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users