Con Hotel Rates

#31 User is offline   longsii 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4923

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

bondkira said:

ooh i see... i gotta tell my friend about that then... do you think we will lose our room or just the price for the room is going to change??

Last I heard you won't lose your reservation, you'll just have to call back and tell them that the rates have changed and get everything squared around under the new rates. If this years rate is higher than last years.... its possible you'll lose your reservation.
<span style='color:"Red"'>Leader of the Cat-boy alliance</span>
Currently looking for fangirls for cuddling.
"You know.... biting makes me shiver."-me
"If you bite me. I bite back... but then I cuddle and lick and kiss...maybe I'm a bit fluffy." - me
"Me?? oh... Think cute cuddly playful cat-boy plus Alucard from Hellsing or Sephy...or if you must D. Yeah... I'm that awesome."-me
"Sometimes the lightest touches can torment more than the harshest whip. Don't believe me? Try me." -me
-snuggles with Soubi and Kio plushies- .... -loooks around quickly- I'M NOT GAY!!!

#32 User is offline   bondkira 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3218

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:27 PM

longsii said:

Last I heard you won't lose your reservation, you'll just have to call back and tell them that the rates have changed and get everything squared around under the new rates.  If this years rate is higher than last years.... its possible you'll lose your reservation.

oh geez i surely hope the rate is not any higher this year... :sweatdrop i gotta keep an eye on the rates still... thanx for the info!! ^_^

#33 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

I don't think it'll be that much if they do (although I don't really know), they raised the price a little last year because of operational costs. But hey, it's still a room that normally goes for more then $250. Besides they don't want to anger the anime peeps, it gets ugly when we turn against them mwhahaha :D.

#34 User is offline   Wolftin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6866

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:44 AM

True

Anime fans + No Money + 3 days = *whimpers in coner in fear of the thought*
If you see some one anywhere named Wolftin, 99% sure it is me :D
Soldier of the Glomp Team
A member of the glomp team's Glomp Wolf Duo *wolfglomps you*

#35 User is offline   Shae 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6637

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

I've already saved up close to $120, I've been putting money away for a while now. In fact, I had some money left over from Acen last year and immediately took that small amount and put it towards my stash for '07. :D I hope the rates this year don't change too much. I'm going to work as much as I can from now until May.

And for those of you who are saving cash, it helps to save any extra coins you don't use. Extra change adds up quickly too. :D

#36 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:24 PM

Wow, I didn't think so many people would post ^^;

But yeah ... the rooms do have a mini fridge but DO NOT OPEN! baad.

Just bring a cooler or two and I forget who said it but dried stuff that just needs water is AWESOME cause the coffee machine works like a charm :)

Me and my friends brought sandwitch stuff and pita bread is a good idea ... but CAN get messy if you overstuff it cause you're so hungry XD We also brought Pizza ... but forgot the pizzaz (however you spell it). So if your family has one, it'd be a very good idea to bring it with some pizza. Microwave is also a good idea (and sewing machine!) but I live outta state so I can't exactly get through security with a microwave XD
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#37 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Amunet said:

But yeah ... the rooms do have a mini fridge but DO NOT OPEN! baad.

Yes, beware of the mini fridges. You get charged everytime you open it, however if everything is in the right spot when the room service comes by they'll credit you back. So if you're sneaky like we were, we just remembered when they stocked everything and took their stuff out and put ours in :D. Just don't get caught or they'll keep the money they charged you because they want you to rent a seprate fridge for your own food.

#38 User is offline   Shae 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6637

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

Or you can suck it up and do what I did all weekend: starve. xD LMAO I didn't eat anything over the weekend. I didn't have any time too, I was too busy going to all of Jeff and Quinton's panels. xD I've got to remember to bring food and make some time to eat next year. xD

#39 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:26 PM

Shae - Bring a cooler and just get some stuff or even just dried stuff for the coffee machine. Not eating isn't a good idea :(
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#40 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 01 October 2006 - 05:45 PM

Amunet said:

Shae - Bring a cooler and just get some stuff or even just dried stuff for the coffee machine. Not eating isn't a good idea :(

Your good friend Excel Excel told me yesterday that for the past three days she stuffed her face with pizza (Giordano's). I guess me and her will both stuff our faces with pizza for Acen next year.:)
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#41 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:33 PM

We had Garden Terrace buffet for breakfast each day.

Then for lunch we had either sandwiches or Spagetti O's n/meatballs. (Quick, simple, chock full of vitamin goodness. And yes I like my spagetti O's cold and directly out of the can.) :P

And for dinner, we had Giodorno Pizza Thursday Night, sandwiches friday night, and Giodorno Side Dishes for Saturday Night. I had chicken strips and one of my friends had cheese ravioli. Both were quite good.

This comming year we are planning the same except we are thinking of bringing a small crock pot and having Dinty Moore Beef Stew for Friday Night dinner.

Definitely gotta eat something to keep going. Also take plenty of naps during lulls in activities.

~Maze

Ja Ne!

#42 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:00 PM

Yes, that is very good advice, naps are good >.>

Just make sure that when you reserve your room that you would have enough deposit money in your account by the time I said (I believe april)
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#43 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:51 PM

My group makes sure to order Chinese once every year. There's a place close by that delivers GREAT food and is really cheap.
Also, best answer is (as people said) to bring coolers... after all, the ice is free!!

#44 User is offline   Shukumei 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 7456

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:20 PM

Mm, so I just want to make sure about a few things:

When you book your room do you have to pay anything immediately?

From what I gather, you don't and the hotel will take a deposit sometime closer to the Con.

Thanks for the help, can you tell I'm new? (And slightly prone to panic easily... *chuckles*) Ha.
[Insert witty and funny quip here]

#45 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:30 PM

Shukumei said:

Mm, so I just want to make sure about a few things:

When you book your room do you have to pay anything immediately?

From what I gather, you don't and the hotel will take a deposit sometime closer to the Con.

Thanks for the help, can you tell I'm new? (And slightly prone to panic easily... *chuckles*) Ha.

You don't have to pay immediatly, but they will take the first nights total in advance (usually towards the end of April). After that date, if you cancel you do not get that nights deposit back. If you cancel before that date you will not be charged.

#46 User is offline   Shukumei 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7456

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:18 AM

Awesome. Thanks so much.
[Insert witty and funny quip here]

#47 User is offline   Issa-ko 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8329

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:26 AM

Lesse... last year I think our little group ate beef jerky, granola bars, trail mix, and... on Saturday we ordered pizza. I've never seen so many people stare at us for pizza >_< We got in the elevator and everyone was like, "OMG PIZZA O_O" We had to beat people off XD;; There was one dude in the elevator at some point who had a huge loaf of bread and was sharing it with everyone o_O; I was too busy clinging to a dollfie to grab some. ^^; Other than those mentioned foods, we starved. We ate cold leftover pizza on Sunday for lunch.

And I read that for like... 7-9 people it'd be cheaper to get a suite? How much are the suites? We're not exactly sure how many people we're gonna have come this year. Last year it was like... 5 of us in a one-bed room. ^^; Three slept on the bed (tried four but it got too hot) and two on the ground. It wasn't too bad. And the stupid refridgerators and weight thingies on the counter with food >.< We were always working around those things, trying not to get charged extra.

#48 User is offline   Yoji Kudou 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 2516

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:45 PM

Issa-ko said:

Lesse... last year I think our little group ate beef jerky, granola bars, trail mix, and... on Saturday we ordered pizza. I've never seen so many people stare at us for pizza >_< We got in the elevator and everyone was like, "OMG PIZZA O_O" We had to beat people off XD;; There was one dude in the elevator at some point who had a huge loaf of bread and was sharing it with everyone o_O; I was too busy clinging to a dollfie to grab some. ^^; Other than those mentioned foods, we starved. We ate cold leftover pizza on Sunday for lunch.

And I read that for like... 7-9 people it'd be cheaper to get a suite? How much are the suites? We're not exactly sure how many people we're gonna have come this year. Last year it was like... 5 of us in a one-bed room. ^^; Three slept on the bed (tried four but it got too hot) and two on the ground. It wasn't too bad. And the stupid refridgerators and weight thingies on the counter with food >.< We were always working around those things, trying not to get charged extra.

ha ha ha My second ACen we ordered Dominos XD

I feel sorry...Aqua went down to get it...Apparently she had to stand in the elevator with it over her head, it was so squished, and had to say "no" to many requests for a slice!

it was funny XD
"You know nothing of Heaven. Don't ignorantly speak of falling to Hell." = Yoji Kudou, Weiss Kreuz

Still Engaged, still Proud General of the UYFA, and yes, I'm STILL a crazy vampiric kitty girl.

#49 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:05 AM

My sister and I had a grand time with the pizza last year... we went down to retrive it and there were 3 or 4 pizza guys and we went up to the one that was ours first and we said our number and stuff and he said no so we went to the other ones and we were friggin hungry...

Then finally... the guy we first talked to was like, "yeah, this is your pizza" *facepalm*

Atleast we ate... I don't remember anyone asking us for a slice... but then again we would use the stairs a lot(and we were on the 9th floor! lol), so we might have jogged up the stairs to avoid having to stand in the elevator.
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#50 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:49 PM

Kay so I reserved my room last week and all of the double beds are taken ... already! It's cause of another con that's going on ... ACen has a block of rooms and in that block ... all double beds are taken, as well as outside the block.

So king beds with rollaways work.
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#51 User is offline   Serenahind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5347

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:04 PM

I usually bring my own dried food. Also, one year I rented a fridge because mny friend and I brought food. They charged us 25 dollars to use it for the weekend.

#52 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:08 AM

Amu ... I thought the rates weren't releases yet ... therefore noone would be able to reserve the ACen block yet ...

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#53 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:21 AM

you are actually able to reserve under prices for Anime Central, but from what i was told it is for this past rates and not the rates for next year. i did the same thing and found out afterwards, but i am holding on to it until the change of rates comes in

#54 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:47 AM

On my email confirmation for the Hyatt(I ordered my room a month ago), it said that it's for a 1 KING/2 DOUBLE BED room... basically it's a preference put in... so when I get to the Hyatt on the 10th, I can either take a King bed room, or if any of the Double bed rooms are opened and/or cleaned, then I can take one of those to.

That's what happened last year, except my sister and I had taken a King instead of a double bed, so we wouldn't have to wait. ^^- I think this year we'll try and make sure we get a double bed this year. :heart:
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users