• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Anime Club?

#1 User is offline   kutya1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6664

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:33 PM

One of my friends and I would like to start an anime club in our highschool but we have no clue how to go about it. Any suggestions?

We're going to Joliet West by the way.

We did recieve a list of clubs and an anime club(or anything of the sort) wasn't on it so we are assuming there isn't one :sweatdrop
Anime Central '10 :
-Gir.

#2 User is offline   muchokatanas 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4352

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:24 PM

The one that I helped start at my school had to be unofficial. You may want to start that way.
Everybody brings in their own stuff so forth and so on.
You need to find a teacher if it is a high school or middle school to be the sponsor. I suggest looking in the art department first and moving out. PM if question or something.
Lazy people don't suffer from Lazziness. They enjoy every moment of it! :D

Just something to look at if curious. http://www.myspace.com/treadsilently

#3 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:18 AM

What Mucho said. I worked with a high school anime club in my old hometown, and they got a sponsor--from the drafting teacher, strangely enough, and school admin.

A good way to sell your anime club to your school is that it is a relatively wholesome after-school activity, and billing it as a genuine way to learn about foreign culture can't help enough. You will have to be careful as to what anime series you intend to show--Fullmetal Alchemist and Inu-Yasha are okay, but I'd avoid Hellsing and Evangelion, at least to start out with. The last thing you need is ruffle feathers.

It would be even better if you can get outside speakers to come in--say, someone from the Japanese consulate, or even a professor who specializes in Japan or Asian studies (or even anime itself--the University of Chicago still has Patrick Drazen around, if I'm right). The local club invited me to give a talk on the fact that I taught the only anime-based college course in the Pacific Northwest. It was a lot of fun for all involved.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"I got free pizza out of the deal"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users