Interested in an south suburban anime group?
Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:26 AM
I am curious to see if there are anime fans out there who would be interested in a south suburban (Romeoville) anime group. It seems that all of the anime groups out there are either affiliated with colleges, and you must be a student at that college to be a part of it, or they are located in the city.
I'm writing this message to see what the interest level is for an anime group in the south suburbs. I have a hunch that there are more anime fans in the suburbs other than me!
Nothing is written in stone, at all, yet, but here's a few of the ideas I'm thinking of....
- It would be held at my house in Romeoville (near Joliet and Naperville) once a month.
- I'd set up an area on my web site with a forum, member descriptions, watched anime, currently watched anime, and others.
- If the members would prefer a yahoo mailing list instead, that could be arranged
- IRC chat room
- I'd like to for members to get to know each other a bit via the forum and IRC before the first showing.
- Members could decide via polls what anime to watch next
- Possibly manga discussion, showings of members' art, art discussion and/or Japanese language study group, depending on members' interests
- What would YOU like to see in an anime group?
If you are interested, please reply to this message and if you don't mind, please include your age, the city/town you live in, and the types of anime you're interested in, and what anime you would like to see, and what you don't like. I just want to get a feel for the age group that would be interested and where everyone is coming from and what they like and dislike. You don't have to live in the south or west surburbs, I am just emphasizing that point because that's where the group would be located. If you are interested in a new anime group and live in the north suburbs or the city, you are welcome, too.
Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:50 PM
Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:45 PM