Anime Central Forums: Interested in an south suburban anime group? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Interested in an south suburban anime group?

#1 User is offline   miaow 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 2568

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:26 AM

Hello,

I am curious to see if there are anime fans out there who would be interested in a south suburban (Romeoville) anime group. It seems that all of the anime groups out there are either affiliated with colleges, and you must be a student at that college to be a part of it, or they are located in the city.

I'm writing this message to see what the interest level is for an anime group in the south suburbs. I have a hunch that there are more anime fans in the suburbs other than me!

Nothing is written in stone, at all, yet, but here's a few of the ideas I'm thinking of....

- It would be held at my house in Romeoville (near Joliet and Naperville) once a month.
- I'd set up an area on my web site with a forum, member descriptions, watched anime, currently watched anime, and others.
- If the members would prefer a yahoo mailing list instead, that could be arranged
- IRC chat room
- I'd like to for members to get to know each other a bit via the forum and IRC before the first showing.
- Members could decide via polls what anime to watch next
- Possibly manga discussion, showings of members' art, art discussion and/or Japanese language study group, depending on members' interests
- What would YOU like to see in an anime group?

If you are interested, please reply to this message and if you don't mind, please include your age, the city/town you live in, and the types of anime you're interested in, and what anime you would like to see, and what you don't like. I just want to get a feel for the age group that would be interested and where everyone is coming from and what they like and dislike. You don't have to live in the south or west surburbs, I am just emphasizing that point because that's where the group would be located. If you are interested in a new anime group and live in the north suburbs or the city, you are welcome, too.

#2 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:56 PM

Sorry, as much as I'm interested, I live in South Holland(near Dolton); the land of hardly no anime fans...I think..also I'm one of the 1% asians that live in the area lol xD
ACen Mascot Artist

#3 User is offline   KungFuHustle 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4673

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:42 PM

and now we are 3 I live in cal city XD

#4 User is offline   kutya1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6664

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:50 PM

I'd be interested and I'm 14 (well in 5 days XD), I live in Joliet, and I'm interested in a wide range of anime. (To the point at which I'll watch almost anything and like it) There are very few anime that I dislike so I don't think it's even worth mentioning. Out of curiousity would these meetings be held once a week, every two weeks, every month, etc.? The one problem I see with this is that if you plan on having "younger" people come to these meetings and if they're held at you're house we'd probably have difficulty convincing guardians.
Anime Central '10 :
-Gir.

#5 User is offline   Yume No Miko 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 1219

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

Hey I used to live in Dolton, I live in Hammond now. What part of S. Holland do you live Animexcel?
Forever to that song that was gone by morning
He followed endlessly those footsteps that we left behind
With a parting comes an end, thus we leave everything behind
By morning we'll be humming a new tune beneath the sunlight

#6 User is offline   Animexcel 

• Production Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 80

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:48 PM

I live by the lake behind Greenwood School.
ACen Mascot Artist

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users