• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Evangelion cosplay..help meee!

#1 User is offline   evangelionseres 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5495

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:40 AM

My friend and I are going to the Sakura Con in seattle in April.It will not only be mt 2nd convention and my friends first it is also the aniversary of one of my favorite animes'.It is the 10th aniversary of Evangelion:heart:!!I thought since Im taking her we could both go together.I have decided to go as rei and she is going as Asuka.The problem is im not good at sewing.I was going to buy jumpsuits and glue or sew the black and green parts and everything on.So Im doing hers too.So I have to do 2 find wigs and im going crazy becasue im stuck in a godfosaken place for my summer and i havnt and wont have a happy school beggining..So if any of you have any tips on sewing or doing the costumes PLEASE post them.I really need your guys' help to make thse my best effort and show my class and teachers my hard work^.^!
Im just another fallen angel but I'll never stop falling and live in terror of how much more pain I'll suffer.
Soldier of the glomp team:heart:
Proud member of the fly society
Founder of the Pen Pen fan club:heart:
I like someone...they don't like me I think...but I don't know,what I do know is they are causing me more pain than If I died...

#2 User is offline   Malarky 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6826

Posted 27 July 2006 - 02:58 PM

Well, for the wigs. try checking out some of the mail-order cosplay shops on-line. You might also pick-up some good costuming tips there.
The Disgrace of the Irish Race

"We Irish are banking very heavily on the fact
that God has a sense of humor!"

Lurker Extrodiare!
Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate
Founding Member of the Rowdy Otaku Syndicate

#3 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:14 AM

I seem to recall some internet sites with tips too. (I'm planning on going as Gendo at ACen '07, so I've done some Google searches.) I'm assuming you're planning on doing the plugsuits; doing Asuka and Rei's school uniforms would be pretty simple.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Maybe you should try Ritsuko"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#4 User is offline   evangelionseres 

• Pip

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

Ya im doing the plugsiuts...sadly i know there hard.The only part i cant figure out is reis back pack because it comes around her chest,the cuffs and the back pack other than that the pain should finish it off!!If u have anymore tips there appriceated!!:heart:
Im just another fallen angel but I'll never stop falling and live in terror of how much more pain I'll suffer.
I like someone...they don't like me I think...but I don't know,what I do know is they are causing me more pain than If I died...

#5 User is offline   evangelionseres 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

Great its going to cost me $200 just for the plain suits then adding on everything else like wigs,paint,styrofoam,fabric!:P !!!!!!:heart: :heart:

#6 User is offline   Malarky 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6826

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:02 PM

evangelionseres said:

Ya im doing the plugsiuts...sadly i know there hard.The only part i cant figure out is reis back pack because it comes around her chest,the cuffs and the back pack other than that the pain should finish it off!!If u have anymore tips there appriceated!!:heart:

Well one suggestion for the backpack. I would suggest using a hard foam to the get the shape down and then cover it in a white vinyl (gives it a nice synthetic look). That would be the lightest, most inexpensive method I can think of. The hard foam is dense enought to hold is shape, and easier enough to make the back pack design with.
The Disgrace of the Irish Race

"We Irish are banking very heavily on the fact
that God has a sense of humor!"

Lurker Extrodiare!
Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate
Founding Member of the Rowdy Otaku Syndicate

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users