• This topic is locked

Help with being allowed to go

#1 User is offline   TheMagicWithin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5842

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:21 PM

Okay, I'll probably go to Acen this (next...same difference) year, but I also want to go to Reactor in about 3 months. I asked my mom about it (mentioning that it would cost less then Acen) and she said no right off the bat.

I asked her why and she said she didn't want to go or pay. I said I'd pay (yes, everything, hotel included. Now how a 15 year old will raise the money I don't know) But she just saud she didn't want to go.

My point is, I've argued with her about this everyday for a week. Does anyone have any auggestions on how to convince her that we should go?
ACen 2014:
John Watson: Sherlock
Charlie: Supernatural

Tardis: Doctor Who

#2 User is offline   astro girl 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5188

Posted 21 July 2006 - 05:14 AM

Write a letter. Explain everything you'll be doing, why you want to go, informaton of the hotel/convention, numbers of people you'll be around when they're not around, things you promise not to do, things your parents can do and things you'll do to allow them to let you go.
I had to do this [plus a lot more since my parents weren't going] to be allowed to stay overnight at ACen [at 17]. Now they're letting me go to Reactor and do a lot more [staying out later and such].
Good luck! And maybe if you're parents don't want to go you can go with a friend just for the day or friend's parents.
spaceship/eljay/music

intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
[dali]

#3 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:02 AM

Is reactor any fun? SHould I bother going to this event? It's a hell of a drive for me or a plane ticket :(
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#4 User is offline   bunnykat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7230

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:35 AM

i know that my mom said that i couldn't go to acen this year because i was 17 and if anything happened, she'd have to pay the insurance. next year i'm totally going because i'll be 18. the only way that i'm going is because i'll pay for it, find my own ride, and all the other good stuff. other than that, i don't know what to tell you.

gutg~ reactor is going to be awesome. it'll be my very first con!^^.... i know that people have gone and they liked it..
That's right. I'm pretty much amazing.

#5 User is offline   TheMagicWithin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5842

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the advice, I'll try the letter thing, might be more helpful then arguing :sweatdrop
ACen 2014:
John Watson: Sherlock
Charlie: Supernatural

Tardis: Doctor Who

#6 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:11 PM

bunnykat said:

i know that my mom said that i couldn't go to acen this year because i was 17 and if anything happened, she'd have to pay the insurance. next year i'm totally going because i'll be 18. the only way that i'm going is because i'll pay for it, find my own ride, and all the other good stuff. other than that, i don't know what to tell you.  

gutg~ reactor is going to be awesome. it'll be my very first con!^^.... i know that people have  gone and they liked it..

ahahah this last acen was my first con. The guys I chilled at the entire acen I'am going to ask if they are going to be at reactor. Then It will be a bad butt reunion of bro's.
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#7 User is offline   bunnykat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7230

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:39 PM

as for me,i'll be with my enterage of friends.^^... it's gonna be great..have you read the thread about the ACen date next year? if you haven't, it's the 2nd weekend in may..the 11th, 12th and 13th.
That's right. I'm pretty much amazing.

#8 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5705

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

I tell my parents it's a learning experiance. XD and that I'll do chores hehe
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users