• This topic is locked

New Con Chair?

#1 User is offline   In Silico 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4720

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

I saw mentioned in another post that ACen was getting a new Con Chair. Is this something you do every year, or do you usually have the same person do it for a while? How does it work? How does one obtain the position of Con Chair?*

(*For all you sarcastic people out there, I actually mean the con chairMAN - or woMAN :D - and not just like, you know, a chair at the con...)
~~へ へ~~
\__/\___/

#2 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

Well every year we elect the person who will be Con Chair for that year. It is not a post that you can just do, you must have lots of experince.

So heres how it gose, at the begging of the staff year, we pick out people to be on con com, which is a commite that handels some stuff. (im not sure of all they do but they do a lot) Anyway this commite is made up of people on staff, (they try to get as many people who are not upper management as possible, this give other staffers a voice) the last thing the con-com dose before the end of the year is to look over the people who were nominated and have axcepted the nomination for con-cahir. After looking over all the things the person has done in the past, they then vote for who they would like.

And that is as far as I know how we get the new Con Chair each year.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users