• This topic is locked

Any interest in props?

#1 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4544

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

If anyone has interest in commissioning props, please PM me. You may remember me from ACen '06 as "The Gunblade Guy".

http://www.deviantar...ation/33038825/

See? Remember? LOL
She tried to teach me patience, but
The learning curve is getting steep.
-Gazillion

#2 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:22 PM

I dont have a good pic right now, but I'm planning on csoplaying as Chloe from Noir.

Do you do bracers? it's cloth & metal from what I can tell, but like I said no real good pics yet.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#3 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:10 PM

Well, I could sure try! I've never tried armor before...send me pictures when you get them.
-Gazillion

#4 User is offline   Lady Kaida 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 3878

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

I loved your gunblade. It was so pretty... *drools*
Anyways, I plan on cosplaying as Quistis, and I need a whip. But there are a few problems:
1.) I'm short on funds. I can come up with money if given time, but not a lot. ^.^;; (I would need a price estimation.)
2.) I need it before Reactor this year, because that's when I'll be cosplaying as her.
If there's any way you can do this, that would be fantastic! I have some reference pics, too:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Lad...da/quistis2.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Lad.../1133370038.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/Lad...151FF8F0002.jpg
Cosplays from '06:
Scarlet (FFVII)
Random Catgirl

Cosplay Possibilities for '07:
Chii (Chobits)
Quistis (FFVIII)
Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Subaru (.hack//SIGN)
Near (Death Note)

~The Oreo of Doom :heart:

#5 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:30 PM

Well...I'm pretty sure I can do that one easily. It also shouldn't be that expensive...probably around $20 to $25. One question: do you want the whip part made of chain or rope?
-Gazillion

#6 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:09 PM

Sorry it took me so long to post again:sweatdrop I managed to get a good pic of the bracer & noticed all I'd need to do is sew 3 buckles onto the sleeve of the unitard I'll be wearing. That I can manage on my own.

If I ever have time of work I'll try to find a pic of the knives cause I'm not sure if I can manage those on my own. Mostly it depends on how much time I have to try & make them.

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#7 User is offline   Lady Kaida 

• Pip

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:16 PM

Thanks so much! This is a huge help to my cosplay. ^.^ Hmmmm... I didn't really think about it much, but I'd probably rather have it be chain, if that's okay with you.
So, are you going to be at Reactor, or are we going to have to figure out a different way to exchange whip for money?
Cosplays from '06:
Scarlet (FFVII)
Random Catgirl

Chii (Chobits)
Quistis (FFVIII)
Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Subaru (.hack//SIGN)
Near (Death Note)

#8 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5705

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

http://thevisionofcosplay.interfree.it/ind...0ten%20shia.jpg

I would need this at latest July 31, but if possible by July 16th for the ACEN aftermath photoshoot in Chicago. I was wondering if I could get a price estimate, but I don't have a lot of cash. if it could be made out of a PVC pipe or wood for the staff, with either a foam or wooden ball and a metal bell, I'd be fine with it. thanks!
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#9 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:24 PM

That's fine! If you do decide you want to do the knives, I should be able to help you out!
-Gazillion

#10 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

I should be able to do that quite easily! If I'm lucky, I may even be able to get it to you by the ACen aftermath shoot (I'll be Squall for most of it, and maybe Yuri for a Shadow Hearts shoot with my GF...)! all I need are the measurements for it- namely, how long and wide do you want the staff, and how big should the ball be?

BTW, it shouldn't be very expensive. I'll find out how much it'll cost once I get the measurements.
-Gazillion

#11 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:32 PM

Lady Kaida said:

Thanks so much! This is a huge help to my cosplay. ^.^ Hmmmm... I didn't really think about it much, but I'd probably rather have it be chain, if that's okay with you.  
So, are you going to be at Reactor, or are we going to have to figure out a different way to exchange whip for money?

Alright, chain will be perfect (It'll actually be easier to make and more durable)! How long do you want it to be?

BTW, I'll be at the ACen Aftermath shoot and at Reactor, so either one would be fine for the exchange. I'll be pretty easy to find at Reactor, cuz my dad is going as Laguna and my sister is going to be Ellone! LOL
-Gazillion

#12 User is offline   Lady Kaida 

• Pip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

simply tragic said:

Alright, chain will be perfect (It'll actually be easier to make and more durable)!  How long do you want it to be?

BTW, I'll be at the ACen Aftermath shoot and at Reactor, so either one would be fine for the exchange.  I'll be pretty easy to find at Reactor, cuz my dad is going as Laguna and my sister is going to be Ellone! LOL

I'm not sure about the length. I assume the handle will be about a foot or so in length, but I don't know how much chain should be used. I'm guessing that it should be about 4 to 5 feet, but I'll let you make the call on that.

I can't make it to the ACen Aftermath photoshoot because I'm all the way in Wisconsin, but I'll definitely see you at Reactor. It's awesome that you'll have the family cosplaying! ^.^ This is actually perfect, because my friend is cosplaying as Raine and was hoping to run into a Laguna if she couldn't find someone to be hers. XD
Cosplays from '06:
Scarlet (FFVII)
Random Catgirl

Chii (Chobits)
Quistis (FFVIII)
Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Subaru (.hack//SIGN)
Near (Death Note)

#13 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:17 PM

Lady Kaida said:

I'm not sure about the length. I assume the handle will be about a foot or so in length, but I don't know how much chain should be used. I'm guessing that it should be about 4 to 5 feet, but I'll let you make the call on that.

I can't make it to the ACen Aftermath photoshoot because I'm all the way in Wisconsin, but I'll definitely see you at Reactor. It's awesome that you'll have the family cosplaying! ^.^ This is actually perfect, because my friend is cosplaying as Raine and was hoping to run into a Laguna if she couldn't find someone to be hers. XD

You're going to have a Raine?

Seriously??!!

Holy crap, we're going to have a MASSIVE FF8 group! Alright let's see...I'm going as Squall, my girlfriend is going to be Rinoa, my dad is Laguna, my sister's Ellone, your friend's Raine, you're Quistis, I have friends going as Irvine and Zell...the Jenova cosplayer also does a Fujin cosplay...now we just need a Selphie, a Raijin, and a Seifer...maybe an Edea (wouldn't THAT be awesome...LOL)...holy crap is this going to be sweet...
-Gazillion

#14 User is offline   Lady Kaida 

• Pip

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:18 PM

simply tragic said:

You're going to have a Raine?

Seriously??!!

Holy crap, we're going to have a MASSIVE FF8 group!  Alright let's see...I'm going as Squall, my girlfriend is going to be Rinoa, my dad is Laguna, my sister's Ellone, your friend's Raine, you're Quistis, I have friends going as Irvine and Zell...the Jenova cosplayer also does a Fujin cosplay...now we just need a Selphie, a Raijin, and a Seifer...maybe an Edea (wouldn't THAT be awesome...LOL)...holy crap is this going to be sweet...

She already has most of her costume and is actually really psyched about it. XD If you want, you can PM her. Her forum name is Celest Wolfsban.
Oooooohhhhh... I would SO do the Edea costume if I wasn't already doing Quistis. That would be so great! ^.^ Also, I know some people who do Zell and Irvine. The Zell you know wouldn't happen to be a girl, by any chance?
This is so awesome! This group is going to ROCK!!!
(Oh, and by the way, we won't be in FFVIII costume all weekend, my friend and I will be in our Gravitation costumes for a bit. ^.^;; )

And just so I don't get completely off-topic, I'm actually curious about what you're making the blade end of the whip out of. It's just my random habit of sticking my nose into things. I get curious way to easily. ^.^
Cosplays from '06:
Scarlet (FFVII)
Random Catgirl

Chii (Chobits)
Quistis (FFVIII)
Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Subaru (.hack//SIGN)
Near (Death Note)

#15 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:37 AM

I was wondering if you could give me an estimate on this

I was planning to make it myself out of PVC pipe & wood, but it seems like will be way too difficult to try to make for my first attempt at a prop.

I'm trying to make it 8 ft long & seperate in the middle so I can carry it at ACen

#16 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

simply tragic said:

I should be able to do that quite easily!  If I'm lucky, I may even be able to get it to you by the ACen aftermath shoot (I'll be Squall for most of it, and maybe Yuri for a Shadow Hearts shoot with my GF...)!  all I need are the measurements for it- namely, how long and wide do you want the staff, and how big should the ball be?

BTW, it shouldn't be very expensive.  I'll find out how much it'll cost once I get the measurements.

alright. um..the ball should be approximatly 18 inches in diameter and the staff should be at about 3 and a half feet tall by about 1-1.5 inches wide.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#17 User is offline   simply tragic 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:07 PM

Lady Kaida said:

She already has most of her costume and is actually really psyched about it. XD If you want, you can PM her. Her forum name is Celest Wolfsban.  
Oooooohhhhh... I would SO do the Edea costume if I wasn't already doing Quistis. That would be so great! ^.^ Also, I know some people who do Zell and Irvine. The Zell you know wouldn't happen to be a girl, by any chance?
This is so awesome! This group is going to ROCK!!!
(Oh, and by the way, we won't be in FFVIII costume all weekend, my friend and I will be in our Gravitation costumes for a bit. ^.^;; )

And just so I don't get completely off-topic, I'm actually curious about what you're making the blade end of the whip out of. It's just my random habit of sticking my nose into things. I get curious way to easily. ^.^

Yep, the Zell is a girl. I contacted her and because of her I also got a Selphie and an Irvine...and one of my friends is going as Edea. Plus, FemZell knows a person that I might be able to convince to go as Kiros! Then if I can just find the Ward...

but I still can't find a damn Seifer. Whatever happened to the hot one from ACen?

BTW, because I specialize in wood the blade will most likely be made out of wood. However, if you want, for about $5 extra I think we can make it out of plastic....but don't hold me to that.
-Gazillion

#18 User is offline   Lady Kaida 

• Pip

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:51 PM

simply tragic said:

Yep, the Zell is a girl.  I contacted her and because of her I also got a Selphie and an Irvine...and one of my friends is going as Edea.  Plus,  FemZell knows a person that I might be able to convince to go as Kiros!  Then if I can just find the Ward...

but I still can't find a damn Seifer.  Whatever happened to the hot one from ACen?

BTW, because I specialize in wood the blade will most likely be made out of wood.  However, if you want, for about $5 extra I think we can make it out of plastic....but don't hold me to that.

Then I think I know the Zell and Irvine you're talking about. o.o Yay! *Does her happy dance* Zellie is gonna be in the group! I can't think of anyone to go as Ward or Seifer... Hopefully we'll have more people contact you about the group so we can get lots more people! :heart:

I think wood will be good for the blade. Plastic isn't as reliable anyways and could break easily. Thanks again for doing this! I can sew, but I'm hopeless when it comes to working with any other material. XD
Cosplays from '06:
Scarlet (FFVII)
Random Catgirl

Chii (Chobits)
Quistis (FFVIII)
Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Subaru (.hack//SIGN)
Near (Death Note)

#19 User is offline   Kasemei 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

Kasemei said:

alright. um..the ball should be approximatly 18 inches in diameter and the staff should be at about 3 and a half feet tall by about 1-1.5 inches wide.

ok, the ball would be 18 inches in diameter and the staff would need to be 3 and a half feet tall. the width of the staff could vary, but I'd like it around the 1 inch range. The bell should be 2 inches long. How much would this cost and could I get it at the ACEN Aftermath shoot on the 16th if I were to buy it off of you?

#20 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:48 AM

Im planning to cosplay from dynasty warriors. Im working on the costume. But I suck at weapon design. I want these

http://www.acparadise.com/cosplayers/16983...6983-9158-1.jpg

how much are we talkin? I dont need them till acen 07 but not time like the present.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#21 User is offline   Isildur 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2496

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

I don't know that this was intended to be a general propmaking thread, but it is now.

http://www.public.ia...lo/WindamSword/

This is a little something I did in my free time. I still make ppt patterns for people on request but I'm away from my tools so I can't make props at the moment.

#22 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:29 AM

Simply Tragic, I'm sent a PM to you about a commission request on Tsukasa's staff a few days ago. I'm not sure you recieved it or not.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#23 User is offline   FireDamageE 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 5444

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:37 PM

hey i was wondering cost for a couple things.

1: sunobozu's helmet, gun, and hat. (from Desert Punk)
2: Negi's staff (Mahou Sensei Negima)

if reference pictures wanted just tell me.
"A man shouldn't have to live off carbohydrates alone." - Spike, Cowboy Bebop
=^.^= - mew!
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users