Anime Central Forums: Official Tournament List and Times [4-9-06] - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Official Tournament List and Times [4-9-06]

#31 User is offline   sinfinity 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 4643

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

Sorry for the delay guys, I've been having a hard time contacting some people that are running some of the tournaments.

I hope to have a good chunk of the rules up by Sunday, and again, I do apologize for the timing. But that should give everyone enough time to read them over and at least become a bit aquainted. Rule sets generally won't give out level/song choices or anything like that, so I'm hoping that a few days notice won't be a problem.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

And that Cobalt Flux issue was taken care of as far as I know, just to make note. We're doing our best to prevent something like that happening again this year.

#32 User is offline   LPrehn 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6445

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:01 AM

Is there a minimum age requirement for the video game tournament? I've got a five year old interested in the katamari Damacy tournament. I havn't gone to any tournaments in the past, so I don't really know if it would be appropriate.
Thanks

#33 User is offline   XCTU 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 773

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:54 PM

no there's no minimum age requirement as far as i know. If someone wants to play in a game tournament, age doesnt make a difference as far as im concerned, as long as they're on time, and they dont leave midway through or go anywhere without letting me know.
<3 Nana Mizuki

#34 User is offline   sinfinity 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Same as he said. There's no requirement...it's more just up to the competitor. I mean, you have to realize your five year old might be up against twenty year olds, so if you don't have a problem with that, then no worries!

The Katamari tournament [I'm betting] is going to be a bit more laidback than some of the others, so that's your best choice for a young'n. Glad to see there's some interest in Katamari!!

#35 User is offline   izy 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6510

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:45 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! im gonna miss the initial D tournament! noooooooooo! gah i hate school why must there be school on fridays!
close the world,txen eht nepo

BEWARE THE NEO-AMISH!

#36 User is offline   NBK 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5966

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:24 AM

:: Pat pat. :: Sorry, man. You should still try getting there. It starts at 8 or so.. And I'm sure I can talk to Mike, the guy running the IDV3 tournament. :sweatdrop

Which reminds me.. I have to call him up and tell him to post a rules section on the forum so that everyone knows what to expect. All I know so far is that it's a boost tournament with some of the best players in the U.S.A participating... ~_~ I'll call him as soon as I'm out of school. Which reminds me, I better get off the teacher's computer before he gets back.

#37 User is offline   Volkai 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6750

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:02 AM

I know there was an Armored Core tournatment last year at ACen, but I haven't been able to find anything about a repeat this year.

So... I will be bringing my system and Armored Core games, and maybe we can get a little something going.

#38 User is offline   XCTU 

• Pip

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:10 AM

There wont be an official Armored Core tourney (maybe not a lot of people showed up?) but you're free to hook it up on a casual play TV.
<3 Nana Mizuki

#39 User is offline   Khalill 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5206

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:17 PM

sinfinity said:

We thought long and hard about that tournament. And the fact is, getting people to donate 360s would be like asking people to volunteer for a root canal. I know I wouldn't want to use mine for general game-play, and I don't intend on bringing it just for one tournament. If there were more games to run tournaments for on the 360, I'm sure I'd consider it, but at least for right now it didn't make sense.

I'd have loved to have seen a DOA4 tourney, it just didn't work out this year. Sorry guys. Of course if anyone wants to bring their 360, we should have open tvs. You can always run a tournament of your own, just ok with Ryan [Zaps] first.

"Although JustOwnin is still in retirement, JustOwnin has just decided to bring his XBOX 360 and throw a DOA4 Tournament! He'll be coming to ACEN early Saturday, and he'll post tourney rules later. That is all!"

-JustOwnin

#40 User is offline   JustOwnin 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7045

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:05 PM

What's up kn3wout all the anime and cosplay so even though I'm retred from the videogame scene I might as well tbz. This here be JustOwnin. I'm comin to convention on saturday to check to check out all the anime and the cosplay.

Even though i'm retired from doa and all, since i'm waisting my day frolicing around instead of intense mental training i might as well go out. i'll donate the xbox 360 and throw the tourny too. I don't mine I'm JustOwnin. wireless controllers are usually banned from xbox360 tournies (at dday in texas we had this big thing about it. It was some doa4 semi-finals and somebody turned their controller own and ****ed up the game for two people that were playing) but all I have is wireless controllers so damn. I only ahve two of them and a rented copy of doa4.

if my 360 gets stolen *shrugs* it gets stolen then. dont play the damn thing anyway. When your the best in teh world and nobody can even come close to your power it kinda takes the fun outa things anyway. and since doa was the only game I played I just quit videogames all together.

For a brief history on my credibility to show up and be realiable and all for those who don't nkow I was the best doa player in america before I retired to moveo n to other things. so whoever i have to talk to i'll talk to them. heres proof of what i say and all with results of the last two tournies i entered before i retired.

http://www.doacentra...nt.aspx?aid=721
http://www.doacentra...nt.aspx?aid=717
http://www.doacentra...nt.aspx?aid=721

#41 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:54 AM

Those times aren't correct.

You have to move some two hours ahead, then cancel the ones you don't move ahead, because of lack of attendance/no-shows.

Streetlight Manifesto.
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#42 User is offline   XCTU 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

?

If anything all of my tournies started 10-15 minutes after i said (to give people time to show up if they were running a bit late)
<3 Nana Mizuki

#43 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:29 PM

XCTU said:

?

If anything all of my tournies started 10-15 minutes after i said (to give people time to show up if they were running a bit late)

If you're being honest, that's good. A couple of tourneys ran alright, but other ones, from what I hear, weren't expecting the mass sign-ups that they got, and then got derailed, or the opposite (didn't get enough people to sign-up), so the tourneys got pushed ahead a couple hours, in attempts to fix the problems...the latter being terrible, because it punished the people who bothered showing up on time, and often resulted in the people who were on time leaving by the time the tourney started.

You have an entire convention going on, with tons of events and people constantly...runners of tourneys who pulled these things shouldn't have expected people to sit and wait in a smelly game room for 3 extra hours than they'd planned to...

America! F*ck yeah!

Big ups to poser mobile, I mean the presidents of the U.S.
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#44 User is offline   KungFuHustle 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4673

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

BenedictKenny said:

If you're being honest, that's good. A couple of tourneys ran alright, but other ones, from what I hear, weren't expecting the mass sign-ups that they got, and then got derailed, or the opposite (didn't get enough people to sign-up), so the tourneys got pushed ahead a couple hours, in attempts to fix the problems...the latter being terrible, because it punished the people who bothered showing up on time, and often resulted in the people who were on time leaving by the time the tourney started.

You have an entire convention going on, with tons of events and people constantly...runners of tourneys who pulled these things shouldn't have expected people to sit and wait in a smelly game room for 3 extra hours than they'd planned to...

America! F*ck yeah!  

Big ups to poser mobile, I mean the presidents of the U.S.

!? hmmm. . all of XCTU's stuff ran on time or close to it. Only one i had a issue w/ was the halo2 tournament. But i really cant blame the staff's fault for that w/ like 30-45 entrees and making sure everyone is there and setting up the game and profiles, it just takes too long.

#45 User is offline   XCTU 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

Well, i ran:
Naruto 4 Singles
Naruto 4 Doubles
Soul Calibur 3
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Guilty Gear Slash
Tekken 5

I know there was the issue with the Marvel Cabinet being sucky, and there being no dreamcasts to run this on console, but aside from that, i feel the rest ran as smooth as an anime con tourney can go (cause too many people sign up and dont show). If there was any problem with the way any of the above ones ran, let me know and ill do my best to fix it for next year (Marvel is getting Dreamcasts next year, for sure, and CvS2 is being added to the lineup, but thats all i know so far). ALL of my tournies finished in less than 2 and a half hours, and most in less than 2 hours, even the ones with 100+ people signed up.

And btw thanks to anyone who showed up to any of the tournies i ran on time and were there when i called your name. I appreciate your ability to follow schedules and directions and i hope you at least had fun joining, even if you were out really quickly, there were still some good matches to watch. :D
<3 Nana Mizuki

#46 User is offline   digimonemporer 

• Exhibit Space
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 6045

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:10 PM

Man besides losing to a certain 3 move Mitsurugi SC3 players, I had a blast. The tournaments were hella fun and I met some new awesome people. I really enjoyed myself and I gotta send major props. to my boi Rob cause it takes a lot of mental will to withstand the pressure of running 6 tournaments as well as he did.

Thanks so much sensei!!!:heart:

B. Kenny: LOL so yeah you are on here I see, hit yha boi up wit a PM I just sent you one!!!

Laters;)
I'm the greatest in my own little world!!!
Now playing a lil bit of every fighting game, here and there.

#47 User is offline   sinfinity 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:06 PM

As far as moving tournament times, as far as I know there were only a few changes: Guitar Freaks and DDR. GF was due to a lack of signups, and DDR was due to things I STILL don't know. For that I apologize. But no tournaments were pushed forward, to my knowledge. Please let me know if that did happen, and I'll be sure to find out what the issue was.

The Halo 2 tournament I did differently this year, and since I didn't have the tournout of last year I chose to check people in instead of calling out names. I knew there were about 50 people there, and I wasn't about to spend an hour yelling out over 100 names to no avail. It made more sense, though it did take a long time, to just check everyone in. Most people were quite patient, and I do appreciate that. But things would have moved quicker had some people cooperated and listened a bit more, but what are ya gonna do. It's hard to control 50 people at once. I don't personally like system link the way we had it, because it makes it even worse to control everything, but alas, I tried to please the masses on that one. Hopefully things will be smoother next year if I can get some more equipment for us. Thanks for the feedback though.

If there were any other issues with any of the Halo tourneys, or any others for that matter, feel free to PM me with any feedback...whether positive or negative...so that things can be closer to perfect next year.

#48 User is offline   NappyJin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3257

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:09 AM

Fo shizzle. Much props to Rob for running any tournies he ran as smoothly as he did with as many people as he had to deal with. I didn't enter either Naruto tourney but I was present, and they went by quickly and with no problems. Tekken 5 was done quick as hell, too, lol. That was fun times.

Again, props to Rob for doing a damn good job running tournies.:cool:

#49 User is offline   Meredy_Himura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 3084

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:18 AM

Did I make it to the second round in ddr? I was the girl with the black shirt that fell off when I finished and the gaming guy accidentally deleted my score. I would have done it again to get a better score, but I was having a slight asthma attack as I was horribly horribly out of pratice (hadn't played sence january 26th ><). My boyfriend and I left, but I just wanted to know if I had made it to the second round or not. I felt kinda jipped when my score got deleted, I'm not angry or anything I was just looking forward to it and I was mad that my asthma was acting up after one song.
Proud momma to a beautiful Luts Ani girl named Madison and a Soom Beyla named Layline.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users