Anime Central Forums: Before Posting a Gripe/Suggestion, Look HERE! - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Before Posting a Gripe/Suggestion, Look HERE!

#1 User is offline   Frank 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1

Posted 22 June 2003 - 11:52 AM

Greetings forum-folks,

In an effort to provide some information as well as stop the staff from repeating themselves about gripes over and over again, I thought I would post the most common gripes we've seen in this forum, along with some answers. I will leave this thread open for suggestions, additions, and editions ONLY (and even then, try to post gripes/suggestions that are posted frequently). Any unrelated talk will be immediately deleted from the thread. This allows everyone to keep adding to the thread (if the edits get long I'll repost this) and will hopefully reduce confusion and repeat posting in the future.

The most important thing to remember when posting a gripe/suggestion - we CANNOT do anything about ranting and raving, abusive language, or angry rage about something that went bad. We CAN do something about a gripe that politely conveys the thought of the poster while at the same time posts suggested SOLUTIONS and ALTERNATIVE methods of execution. This is to be expected from any gripes/suggestions that are to be taken seriously by staff.

In a couple of weeks, a mailing alias will be set up in order to field all gripes and suggestions, which we will compile and look at for next year.

#2 User is offline   c8thulhu 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 2218

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:14 PM

I wish I had had the courage to ask a rude staffer her name. I was so taken aback by her catty comment about my outfit that I didn't say anything. Every time I saw her after that, I noticed she was holding her name badge in her hand so that it was difficult to read.

I guess my alternative suggestion in this situation would be that staff members have their name badges prominently displayed at all times.

#3 User is offline   Dark_Miko 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3232

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:29 AM

Um, I'm not sure if this is the thread where I should post this suggestion, but I'll do it anyway. I haven't been to ACen before; 2005 will be my first year. But I've noticed on the forums a lot of people complaining about the long line that they have to wait in just to get their badges so they can get in. Might I suggest an alternative suggestion? When I went to Wizard World Chicago, and you had already pre-registered, they mailed you your badges. Plus, they let you in about half an hour earlier than the people who were just registering at the con. Of course you'll still have to wait in a long line to get in, but that's a given. As for the bag of goodies (if you hand one out, I'm not sure), I found it was easier to just go straight to the con and wait til the lines for the bags had calmed down a bit, instead of having to wait in the line that snaked all the way outside to the parking lot and up some stairs. I'm not entirely sure if you'll be able to do this, since I don't know your policies. I also don't know if this might somehow make the problem even worse. :sweatdrop But I thought I should at least suggest it. :)

#4 User is offline   Mandy-chan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 55

Posted 14 November 2004 - 10:44 AM

Acen staffers have stated in the past that they will probably never send out badges ahead of time for several reasons:

A) what if it gets lost in the mail?
B) What if someone lies about it getting lost in the mail?
C) If people have badges beforehand it will be easy for them to make fake badges.

The reg. DH has also said they are working on pre-reg for next year.

P.S. - this should have probably been posted in the reg part of the forums.

Current Favorite Anime: Read or Die

All-Time Favorite Anime: Fushigi Yuugi

I freely speak my mind whether you like it or not

#5 Guest_Rachel_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:56 AM

If a staffer has been rude to you, you can feel free to ask for their name and their department. You can then go to conops and let them know what happened.

No staffer should ever be rude to anyone. Yes they will be giving directions, and may have to make you stop doing something. But they should always be polite and professional when doing that.

Rach

p.s. mandy is right on the why we don't mail things out.

#6 User is offline   bulwhark 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3621

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:14 AM

I know this is a common gripe. Line managment has consistently been a problem for Acen. Since the move to the Hyatt each Masquarade would have been ruined by rain since the line always went outside. It was especially bad last year the way the line ended up folding in on itself.

Constructive criticism: Why not form the line in the convention center? By the time the masquarade line would start forming I figure Registration would mostly be over for the day. You could start the line in there. I know the main cause of this problem is fire codes and room occupancy limits but I'm sure there is a good solution.

#7 User is offline   Mandy-chan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 55

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:17 AM

Another problem with having the line go into the con center is that Acen is not the only group that uses the con center... and the line would completely clog up the hamster trail that connects the con center to the Hyatt.

I'm fairly certain the masq wouldn't be ruined by rain, because the people who particpate in the masq, I believe, don't have to wait in that line. And there might be a back-up in case it rains...

If the weather is okay, there is no reason the line can't go outside.

Current Favorite Anime: Read or Die

All-Time Favorite Anime: Fushigi Yuugi

I freely speak my mind whether you like it or not

#8 Guest_Rachel_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:59 AM

bulwhark said:

I know this is a common gripe. Line management has consistently been a problem for Acen. Since the move to the Hyatt each Masquerade would have been ruined by rain since the line always went outside. It was especially bad last year the way the line ended up folding in on itself.

We are not allowed to use the common areas of the convention centers for anything but what they were designed for. And Lines is a big issue with them. They would rather we not have any lines, but the compromised on the ones for registration when they do end up outside the reg room.

Masq. lineup usually starts well before registration closes, in addition, once registration closes the room has to be secured. Although it is a very good idea in theory, it isn't something that we can do. (Although we can try to discuss it with them).

In the past we have looked into renting a tent for the outside lot, and the City of Rosemont said no because of the location that we needed to have it. (between the Hyatt and the highway)

#9 User is offline   Frank 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1

Posted 23 January 2005 - 08:46 AM

Oops, I accidentally opened this thread.

Please start a new thread if you are going to post something. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users