• This topic is locked

Soapbubble 2006

#1 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

since 05 is long over i figured it was time to put up a SOAPBUBBLE 2006 thread. so if any of you have any suggestions or just wanna talk about SOAPBUBBLE 2006 then lets do it here.
Allen Castillo

#2 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

I really can't wait for Soapbubble this year. I was able to attend last year sincie had to leave, but this year we have a hotel! I really hope the guy that promised to dance with me again from Reactor keeps his promise. He was an awesome dancer.:D

#3 User is offline   cid_highwind 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1116

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

I would love to hear some of E-rotic's songs at the SoapBubble. I don't know if a lot of people are fans of E-rotic but they're really awesome. They have had their music featured in a few DDR mixes. They're a eurodance group from Germany (I believe) and they're really popular in Germany & Japan (so playing them would find w/ the japanese culture theme). Some of their songs have sexual content (some mild and some not) but a lot of it is just good dance music. Also, I don't think that there are too many children running around in the SoapBubble anyway so I don't think a little sexual content would hurt. Anyway, if you haven't heard them and would like to hear some of them, I could probably burn some cd's and send them to whoever is in charge if they need to be approved to happen.
www.capesandcartridges.com

#4 User is offline   In Silico 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4720

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:39 PM

Well, to celebrate the kicking off of the ACEN2k6 season, I whipped up this hard house / techno set for your listening pleasure...it's about 37-something minutes long, and was just one of the sets I recorded making my mix to send for the 'So you want to be a DJ?' thread thingy.... Enjoy!

http://www.onemansyn...rdhouseset1.mp3

It's about 60-70 megs, please save-as to save me bandwidth fees... :D Peace!

-Rob / IS
~~へ へ~~
\__/\___/

#5 User is offline   Sha Liu 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 4899

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:15 AM

Hi Allen, what's up??

It was great meeting you last year! I had a blast spinning for Underground Groove and especially Soap Bubble last year. I'm entering the DJ contest this year; the only reason I haven't sent my mix in is because my computer (for recording) completely died on me 3 weeks ago and I'm getting a new one in a week or 2...hopefully before the contest expires.

Who are the DJs for Soap Bubble this year? Is there a timeslot/lineup (indicating which DJ will play when)?

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you at ACen this year!

Sha Liu

#6 User is offline   djmaru 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4487

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:14 PM

It's me again... I just thought I'd drop by and say Hi to all involved in the soap bubble. It sounds like it's gonna kick alot of butt this year. I'm pretty bummed that i won't be able to make it... oh well.

Anyways, I promised Allen and Khek that I'd leave my blog address here (plus getting a few other hits won't hurt) for while I'm in Tokyo. It's www.marukun.mindsay.com and I will be updating frequently after I start classes on April 2nd.
I'll see everyone at the reactor and by then I'll probably have a large collection of Japanese drum and bass and breaks, so until then!

-Maru!

#7 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 913

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

So, what kind of music is played at the Soap Bubble? Is is electronic music - if so, what types are played (e.g. techno, trance, happy hardcore, jungle, hip-hop, house, downtempo, etc.), and there set times for certain genres of music? I have been to ACEN for the past 4 years, and I have never been to Soap Bubble.

JNOtaku
"Why don't you all fade away
And don't try to dig what we all say
I'm not trying to cause a big sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my generation" (The Who)
The Otaku Generation: Predicted 30 years earlier! Fight OTAKING!

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!
Forum Daimyo as of 7/21/2005!!! :) Forum Elite (1337) as of 7/19/2006! :D :D :D

#8 User is offline   Trini 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 4588

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:28 PM

Don't hurt me or anything for askin this, but what exactly is the Soapbubble?
dA | tumblr

'14 Cosplays:
Bianchi - KHR | Wooper gijinka or kigurumi - Pokemon | Chocolove - Shaman King (?) | Sable Able gijinka - Animal Crossing (?) | Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (?)

Self-proclaimed Ramune Connoisseur

#9 User is offline   Sha Liu 

• Pip

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:46 PM

Hi All,

Most of you browsing this thread are into electronic dance music I suppose, and here is a link to my mix CD from last year. It's a trance mix, melodic and celestial, but quite different from "mainstream" trance. It actually crosses a lot of genres, from psytrance to trance to breakbeats to DnB to house...nevertheless it creates quite the journey ;)

Right-click and select "Save As..."

http://www.shaliumusic.com/ShaLiu-Revealin...chicago.edu.mp3

Hope you enjoy it!!! :D
Any questions/comments/suggestions are welcome, PM me or email me at shaliu@uchicago.edu.

www.myspace.com/shaliu

#10 User is offline   Kyuu 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 348

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:06 PM

2005's was great. I hope this year's will be just as great (or better).
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -- Ferris Bueller

Anime Currently Watching

#11 User is offline   Scottaconda 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6113

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:28 PM

cid_highwind said:

I would love to hear some of E-rotic's songs at the SoapBubble. I don't know if a lot of people are fans of E-rotic but they're really awesome. They have had their music featured in a few DDR mixes. They're a eurodance group from Germany (I believe) and they're really popular in Germany & Japan (so playing them would find w/ the japanese culture theme). Some of their songs have sexual content (some mild and some not) but a lot of it is just good dance music. Also, I don't think that there are too many children running around in the SoapBubble anyway so I don't think a little sexual content would hurt. Anyway, if you haven't heard them and would like to hear some of them, I could probably burn some cd's and send them to whoever is in charge if they need to be approved to happen.

I myself am a DJ in progress. As far as I've ever known or have been taught, Live DJ's spinning at parties such as these or even at clubs don't take requests in this way. You can throw a genre their way, but it's really up to the DJ and what he feels can get the party bumpin and the attendees hyped.

Only DJ's that I know that take requests like this are ones playing at weddings, christmas parties for companies, and bday parties arranged by the parents for a traditional session in a ballroom.

I myself have done quite a few house parties and college parties. About the only requests I take are for genre. Otherwise I just start spinning with what I have and just progress from one spectrum of music to another. I can generally feel out the crowd and see what can get them hyped up and wanna dance.

Speaking of, I gotta get Grammaton a copy of a session I was messing with. I just have to remember to give it to him at the next meeting. Anyone know of any free upload sites? I doubt that there is one for large music file sizes.... maybe I should just cut down the time? lol! When I start spinning I don't stop till I'm either tired, it's time for me to go, or I run out of songs... and that rarely happens cuz I have so many CDs! lol!

Yes I use a dual CD DJ system. It's really old too... so is my mixer! >.<
Manager of the Soapbubble 2014 - current
Swords don't need reloading - Max Brooks "Zombie Survival Guide"
ACen IRT 2005 - 2010
Ninja's > Pirates "Nin...*hand movments*.. tendo!"
Cosplay Projects - Devil Jin (100% displayed at ACen 07), Yun SF3 (2%), Rikimaru Tenchu (100% ACen 06), Kurogane Tsubasa Chronicles (100% ACen 08)

#12 User is offline   Sha Liu 

• Pip

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:25 PM

For all of you who have broadband, and are curious what Soap Bubble is about, or want to reminisce last year's Soap Bubble, here are clips. The quality of video and sound isn't DVD-caliber...it doesn't do the sound system nor the light system justice, but it's decent for a camcorder.

They're videos of my sets, and I played progressive house/trance/techno/breakbeats.

Please note that there were 4 other DJs at Soap Bubble 2005, who played House/Post-Disco Funk (Beryl Turner), DJ Maiku (Trance and J-pop/trance), DJ Maru (Jungle/DnB), DJ Khek (Hip/Hop and Turntablism, some trance/hardcore, scratching over DJ Maru). Allen Castillo was the MC. Each of them did a splendid job. :)

Again, these are huge files.

Right Click on the links and select "Save As..."

http://www.shaliumusic.com/ShaLiu-ACen-Soa...'20am-Part1.mpg
http://www.shaliumusic.com/ShaLiu-ACen-Soa...'20am-Part2.mpg
http://www.shaliumusic.com/ShaLiu-ACen-Soa...'20am-Part1.mpg
http://www.shaliumusic.com/ShaLiu-ACen-Soa...'20am-Part2.mpg
http://www.shaliumusic.com/ShaLiu-ACen-Soa...20am-3'40am.mpg

Here is the Tracklisting:

First Time up: 11:50pm - 12:20am
---DT8 Project feat. Andrea Britton - Winter (Original Mix)
1. Azzido da Bass - Dooms Night (Timo Maas Remix)
2. Pascal F.E.O.S. - Overflow (Paul Brtschitsch Remix)
3. Iio - Rapture (Deep Dish Space Remix)
4. Ferry Corsten - Punk

Second Time Up: 1:50am – 2:20am
1. Safri Duo - Played A-Live (The Bongo Song)
2. Moby - Bodyrock (Hybrid Remix)
3. Electrotek - Superfly (Zouk Club Mix)
4.1. Digby & Oliver - Oracle
4.2. Placebo - Passive Aggressive (Brothers in Rhythm Accapella)
5. Gouryella - Walhalla (Hybrid Echoplex Mix)
6. Street Preacherz - Ill Concepts [Not in video]

Third Time Up: 3:20 - 3:40am
1. Sippin’ Soma – Superconscious (Terry Lee Brown Jr. Remix)
2. Elisium – Elisium Part One
3. Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan – Silence (DJ Tiesto’s In Search of Sunrise Mix)

Videos used with permission from Midwest Animation Promotion Society
If these vids don't make you go to Soap Bubble 2006, I don't know what will. It'll rock, it'll rule. GO!! :cool:

#13 User is offline   afro_hyde19 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1523

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:34 PM

thanx 4 the vid clips sha:D hope this year rawks like the last!
Hell is not a place you go, if you're not a christian.
It's the failure of your life's greatest ambition.

-Immortal Technique

"Looks is a heap more important then brains, cause most men can see better then they think" :sweatdrop
-Tammy Tyree

Myspace.com/Outastyle

#14 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

This is also my first time at the bubble. Im a little nervous. I love to dance but I think my skills may be slightly off due to an injury I had a few months ago. But I would totally go and have fun! I cant wait!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#15 User is offline   Shae 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6637

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:37 PM

excel excel said:

This is also my first time at the bubble. Im a little nervous. I love to dance but I think my skills may be slightly off due to an injury I had a few months ago. But I would totally go and have fun! I cant wait!

Don't worry, you'll do fine, I'm sure! :D The Soapbubble's a blast! You'll really enjoy it, and if you can't dance (like me xD) no one's going to care lol. We're really accepting of these things. The main point is to have fun! :D

Anyway, I'm SOOOOOO excited for the Soapbubble! I went to a school dance last Friday to practice for it. My friends actually brought soap too. xD lol

#16 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:13 AM

Okay at the risk of sounding insane :P , but do we have to wear our costumes to this? Again this is my first time attending the bubble so I really dont know what to expect.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#17 User is offline   Penguinluv47 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6731

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:31 AM

As usual, being a newcomer I have a few questions to ask...and don't bite my head off if some of 'em might sound stupid...

What is the Soap Bubble? I'm guessing it's a dance...
What day is it?
What ages of people attend?

#18 User is offline   EvilTwin 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3054

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:03 PM

yep, it's a dance, on saturday, ages.... pretty wide range.
Peace,
Becky

#19 User is offline   In Silico 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4720

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:24 PM

Sha Liu said:

Here is the Tracklisting:

First Time up: 11:50pm - 12:20am
---DT8 Project feat. Andrea Britton - Winter (Original Mix)
1. Azzido da Bass - Dooms Night (Timo Maas Remix)
2. Pascal F.E.O.S. - Overflow (Paul Brtschitsch Remix)
3. Iio - Rapture (Deep Dish Space Remix)
4. Ferry Corsten - Punk

Second Time Up: 1:50am – 2:20am
1. Safri Duo - Played A-Live (The Bongo Song)
2. Moby - Bodyrock (Hybrid Remix)
3. Electrotek - Superfly (Zouk Club Mix)
4.1. Digby & Oliver - Oracle
4.2. Placebo - Passive Aggressive (Brothers in Rhythm Accapella)
5. Gouryella - Walhalla (Hybrid Echoplex Mix)
6. Street Preacherz - Ill Concepts [Not in video]

Third Time Up: 3:20 - 3:40am
1. Sippin’ Soma – Superconscious (Terry Lee Brown Jr. Remix)
2. Elisium – Elisium Part One
3. Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan – Silence (DJ Tiesto’s In Search of Sunrise Mix)

Hey! Quit pulling out of my crates! :D

No, but seriously, you rocked the hell out of it last year. Thanks for the vids, hopefully I can use them to convince a few of my DJ-buds to come down with me.

Also, I was gonna try to get a spot spinnin' this year, but I kinda fell behind on that venture because work got a little overwhelming. I'll still have my trax there though, in case you guys need a fill-in ;)

-Rob / IS
~~へ へ~~
\__/\___/

#20 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4599

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:57 PM

As someone who went to the Soap Bubble last year, this is what I have to say:

It is all ages. I didn't see any kids exactly, but we did run into some very sweet 16 year olds. ;)

Most people were not in costume, or maybe they were in part of their costume. Some of course were in costume, like that incredibly cool Gir.

It is dark and glowsticks are fun. You might want to pick some up before the con.

It is not overly crowded. Or it wasn't last year. If you want the crowded feeling you can dance in the good sized crowd by the speakers, but there was enough breathing room, where you could dance off by yourself if you wanted.

There was water in coolers close by, but they ran out after awhile. I would highly suggest bringing a bottle.

Be careful not to lose your badge dancing... this happened to a friend of mine. Luckily he eventually recovered it.

Go with friends. Like any clubbin' atmosphere, you should not go alone.

Don't bring a camera, the pics probably won't turn out very well... unless you like psychadelic color swirls.

Well, that is all I can think of for now!

Cheers!
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#21 User is offline   FMJ_Phoe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5678

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

Will there be glowsticks available at this party??? Do we need to buy our own or will it be sold there?

Note: i didn't read above me. sorry LOL sooo new question

do you know where I could purchase glowsticks?At this time? I know around halloween they sell it almost everywhere but yeah...any place in mind?

#22 User is offline   Hikari189 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3666

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

I think I saw a few people selling last year but it's never for sure so you might wanna pick up your own.....any dollar store should probably have them...
Video Gaming Staff 2012ADH of Exhibit Hall 2010-11Exhibit Hall staff 2009

#23 User is offline   Mr.Washington 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4762

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

I watched all the videos and witnessed me and my presidential buddies getting crunk a few times! I wish I could make out what the djs were saying better, I was trying to find the dj that gave us a shout out, I'd like to thank you for that now, since we couldn't do so properly last year.

excel excel said:

Don't worry excel, half the people there are just flailing their bodies around with their eyes closed, me and my buddies being some of them. On that note, I can't wait!
President of the United States from 1789-97.
Our Visit to Acen 2005

#24 User is offline   Redrumcarebear 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 2404

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:20 PM

Wow...
So Uh...
The dance was fun. As always. =D

I was there from opening time till 3ish. Non stop. I was on the platform most of the time on the right side of the room, and I wore white fuzzy boots. ^_^

I thought the band playing at the begining was awesome, and I would want to go to a concert of theirs. But at the Soapbubble....No. I was pissed off. No one was really DANCING, just paying attention to them. I wanted them to get off the stage because the mood was kinda damped....

-redruM

#25 User is offline   Hitman88 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6226

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:27 PM

Why do most of the people stand there and don't even do anything?

I mean, geeze guys! It's a rave! Go out there and bob your head at least!!

I was out there tearin it up with the hardcore rave dancing. A friend and I hd a little battle between us. It was really fun, and it was recorded!!
~~~~Table Top Gaming Staff ACen2008~~~~

#26 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:25 PM

were to start

first i would like to thank all of you who attended the SoapBubble this year you guys were awesome. Especially the people who partied with us until the SUN came up.

thank you to all the DJ's
Jon Sugerman
DJ Khek
Sha Liu
Beryl Turner

and of course

Greg Ayers

Thank you all and i can't wait to do this again next year
Allen Castillo

#27 User is offline   Hitman88 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6226

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

You know I'll be ravin it up, trashed as ever!!!

I still haven't slept.
~~~~Table Top Gaming Staff ACen2008~~~~

#28 User is offline   bekahkahjew 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7090

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

I had a blast...the SoapBubble was pretty nifty. I danced my butt off for like 4 hours. But if you saw the the Persacom wearing the red spiderwebfishnet with a black bra under it ( me), the sexy moogle with the purple ball , Sora white boy with fro and then our friend who's septum piercing glowed in the dark I appologize to all of you we jumped into but we had a good time and I hope you all did too.
:heart: Farewell and safetravels to you all:heart:
~*.*~Bekahkah-Jew~*.*~
:heart: A life is not just a life, a love is not just a love but I want my death to be just a death to those I love in lifev:heart:

#29 User is offline   voni ^__^ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6740

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

ok.
basically.
ive never had that much fun in my life!
besides getting smacked in the butt numerous times by waving glow sticks.
it was pretty damn awesome.
definately should wear as little as possible.
it gets hot waay too fast.
lol.
thank u djs.
u made it happen!
and we all love u cause of it.
Blog | Facebook | Pinterest

ACen Idol
Yvonne Luong
ACen 07-08 - Panel Programming - ACen Idol Coordinator

#30 User is offline   KissMeBeautiful 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4980

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

Dude I danced my arse off!!!!!! it was awesome!!!!!!!!!
"It's my Acen and I'll glomp if I want to!" ;)

"Playstation: Better than boys!" :p

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users