A panelist membership is issued as a form of compensation for the service of conducting one or more panels for Anime Central. A panelist membership badge provides admission equivalent to the purchase of a Full Weekend membership. It does not provide any back-stage or privileged access to the convention beyond the ability to conduct their specific panel during its allotted time period.
Panelist Membership Badges ARE NOT mailed out.
All membership badges are available for pick up in the Registration area of the convention center at the Panel Programming booth.
A photo ID is required by all Panelists age 16 or older to pick up their membership badge.
A panelist can only pick up their own membership badge, not co-panelist membership badges.
The discount for hosting one panel is 50% for the first three panelists (Lead Panelist, Co-Panelist 1 or Co-Panelist 2) listed on a panel. Any additional panelists listed will not receive a discount on their membership. Participation in a second panel as one of the first three panelists listed will provide a 100% discount. Each panelist is tracked separately, meaning that if someone participates in one panel a group of friends and then participates in a second panel on their own, they would still receive the full discount.
There is no discount provided for panelists listed as Extra Panelists on a panel and no additional discount provided for those listed as one of the first three panelists on more than 2 panels.
The discount does not apply on top of any other discounts such as group, service or child memberships.
1. If a membership is purchased prior to the approval of a panel request and application of their discount, NO REFUND will be provided. NO EXCEPTION will be granted under normal circumstances. If a panel is canceled a refund will not be granted.
2. In the event that a panel request is denied, the registration pricing tier that was in effect at the time the COMPLETED panel request was received will be applied. If the application was submitted during Tier 2, and denied in Tier 3, the applicant will receive Tier 2 pricing.
3. Attendee memberships are non transferable and non refundable. But the status of a Panelist membership can be transferred to another attendee if that panelist is leaving their panel and a new attendee is taking their place. Example – A member of a panel quits, they will lose their panelist membership status (while retaining Attendee status) and the person replacing them gets the Panelist status instead. If a Panelist drops from hosting their panels they will lose their discount and be required to pay for their membership through Registration in order to attend Anime Central.
4. If you lose your membership badge there is a $20 replacement fee. A membership badge can only be replaced once; if it is lost a 2nd time the replacement comes at full at con pricing.
5. A maximum of three (3) discounted panelist membership may be granted per panel group (Lead Panelist, Co-Panelist 1 & Co-Panelist 2). You may have more than 3 panel members but additional panelists will not benefit from the discount and will need to pay full price for their memberships unless they are involved in other panels where they are listed as one of the first 3 panelists.
6. All listed panelists for a specific panel must take part in performing the panel. Anyone not performing in the panel they are registered for will have their applied panel membership discount revoked.
7. If you are also an Artist participating in Artist Alley, your Artist Alley membership takes priority over your panelist membership. You will not have 2 membership badges, you will only have an Artist membership badge but your panelist discount does still apply.
8. If a panel group was a no show at the previous year for Anime Central they will not be eligible to receive a panelist membership or host a panel for the current year.