TICKET SALES ARE NOW CLOSED
We are happy to announce that our formal dance, the Crystal Ball, will be returning this year! A few changes have been made to create a better experience for our attendees:
- Since we filled our ballroom last year we’ve moved the event to a new location that is twice the size giving us a larger dance floor, more seating, and a better atmosphere overall.
- Per attendee request we’ve decided to move the ball to Saturday night to provide a second event.
- Our best announcement: We’ve lowered the ticket price to $15 each!
- As usual there will be a gift bag for each attendee, a cash bar and good music!
Price – $15 per ticket
Date – May 18th 2013
Time – 7pm – 12am
Location – International Ballroom, Basement International Level of the Hyatt
Ticket and Convention badge are needed for entrance.
Tickets will be available for sale in our registration system until we are sold out. In order to keep the event from feeling overcrowded and creating a more intimate atmosphere there are only 500 tickets so get them early! With a convention our size, tickets will sell fast so we suggest buying online. Any tickets left will be sold at the door 30 minutes before and during the dance but we do not guarantee that there will be tickets left at the convention. You do not need a badge to purchase your tickets online, but a badge for the convention is needed to enter the dance (the name on the badge must match the name on the ticket). Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable just like our badges.
Dress code must be followed to be admitted into the dance. Dress code rules are listed below. It is solely up to the Crystal Ball event managers if attire meets the dress code. If you are unsure about your outfit please feel free to email us at CrystalBall@ACen.org and we will let you know if it is alright. We encourage you to send a picture of the outfit for us to best judge if it is appropriate.
We are currently looking for music! If you are an event DJ, Band, Musical Act of some kind and would like to perform at the Crystal Ball please contact us at CrystalBall@ACen.org. This is a formal event so we are looking for a mix of modern, Japanese/Anime, and formal music. If you’re up for the challenge we’d love to hear from you!
1. Tickets are purchased through our online event system. Valid methods of payment: Credit (Visa, Master, or Discover), Check, or Money Order payable to: Midwest Animation Promotion Society.
2. Participants in the Crystal Ball must be registered attendees of Anime Central at the time of the ball.
3. Each Participant will need their badge and their ticket to enter the Crystal Ball.
4. For an additional $2 dollars your ticket can be mailed to you before the convention. For tickets being held for pick up at con, they can be retrieved from the panel programing office with a valid ID and Anime Central Badge.
5. Attendance is limited for this event, and tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Ticket sales will close when all open spaces have been filled.
6. This is a formal dance and appropriate attire is required. Relaxed formal is required. If you have specific attire questions, email email@example.com, or ask on the forums.
7. There will be no coat check provided. Do not bring large props or other items that cannot be contained on your person. Purses are allowed within the dance.
8. The dress code is strictly enforced and may be reviewed by the event’s manager and assistants. If guests attire is not appropriate they may be denied entry into the ball until it is corrected.
*Hours are subject to change.