The Convention is coming up this weekend! We’re all so excited! Our staff is geared up and getting everything prepared for an awesome weekend. Are you ready?
You’re on your way to the Convention! What do you need to do when you get there?
If you’re driving to the Convention, make sure you have enough cash to park your car. Some lots accept credit cards, but many do not. We posted about the local parking rates on our previous post at http://www.acen.org/blog/?p=242!
If you’re staying at or near the Convention, check into your hotel room. Bring your luggage up and make sure your room is in good condition. If you have a costume, now might be a good time to put it on!
Go to Registration and get your badge (unless you already had it mailed to you). You can’t get into the Convention without your badge! Be sure to grab a copy of the Program Guide, or download the Guidebook app in advance at (link). Take the time to see what’s going on in the Program Guide, so you can plan out what to do while you’re there!
Before you leave home, are you fully packed for the Convention? Do you have everything you need, ready to go? Here’s what you’ll probably need in order of likely importance! Print off this handy checklist!
- Government issued identification
- Credit cards
- Anime Central 2013 Badge (if you pre-registered and had it mailed to you)
- Important medications and medical equipment (ace wraps, blood testers, etc.)
- Bottle of water, with lanyard
- Snacks & munchies
-Chewing gum/breath mints
- Cellular telephone
- Laptop computer/tablet
- Music player
- Power/charging/data cables
Stuff to have autographed
- Autograph notebook
- Pen/marker/writing utensil
- Toothbrush & toothpaste (not optional!)
- Deodorant (also not optional!)
- Soap & shampoo (very much not optional!)
- Towel (are you a hoopy frood?)
- Feminine hygiene products (if needed)
- Cosplay costumes
- Warm & comfy clothes
- Shoes & socks (both comfy shoes and any costume shoes!)
- Clean underwear!
- Swimwear (for the hotel pool, if it has one!)
Anything else you can think of? Feel free to leave a comment!