Be part of our Volunteer Staff
Current Volunteer Staff:
- Note: returning staff – if you staffed for ACen last year, please contact your department’s manager and they will be able to confirm your information and position.
Returning (former) Anime Central Volunteer Application
Volunteer Staff Requirements:
- Must be 18 or older by May 18th, 2017
- Must be able to work Thursday thru Sunday
- Must sign up for a minimum of 24 hours during Thur-Sun at the event.
How to Apply:
- New Staff Sign Up Form 2017 (COMING SOON)
Departments Seeking Volunteer Staff:
- The Forums are a great source to ask questions about the positions you are thinking of applying for. Click here to see which teams are currently looking for help.
Position: Guest Relations Logistics Department Staff
Date Posted: 2/29/2016
The Guest Logistics department provides support and assistance to guests of honor as it relates to the convention.
Assisting with transportation for Guest of Honor
Arranging for travel for Guest of Honor for excursions
Via a transportation service or directly driving yourself
Assisting with airport pickups and departures for Guests of Honor
Assisting with planning excursions for Guest of Honor
Coordinating outings with Guest Assistants department
Looking up venues and related information in the area for excursions as needed
Making reservations for excursions
Providing information services for the Guest Relations section
Assist with keeping track of Guest of Honor location during the convention
Assist with answering radio calls for the Guest Relations section providing information as needed regarding Guest of Honor activities
Assisting with other tasks as needed
Meet the requirements for volunteering at ACen
Ability to be able to drive strongly preferred
- Have a valid drivers license and good driving record
Availability Thursday Morning through Sunday afternoon (May 19th – May 22nd 2016)
Availability Monday morning May 23rd preferred but not required
Ability to work long hours (lots of walking(
Professionalism and ability to stay organized while multi-tasking
Prior convention experience and knowledge a plus but not required
If you are interested please fill out the volunteer form and specify 'Guest Logistics' as the department you are interested in.
At Con Volunteers
Want to help out Anime Central without being a full-fledged staffer? Still want to experience the con from an insider’s perspective without missing out on any of the exciting events ACen has to offer? Try volunteering in your spare time! Sounds fun does it not?
At Con Volunteer Requirements:
- To be a Volunteer you must be 18 or older by May 18th, 2016. (Bring ID with you)
- Have an ACen membership and Photo ID.
- You must be responsible for your provided time card and turn it in on a daily basis.
- You must be able to perform the given tasks and be in good health to perform tasks.
- Your choice of your very own “Roll-Over Membership” for next year after 16 hours of volunteering.
- Experiences & Stories you’ll never forget.
- Join our team and make a difference. Who knows, you may even find a department to staff with next year!
How you Earn your Volunteer Hours:
- Checking for ACen issued membership badges and passes at the door of a featured event or function.
- Fulfilling various tasks around the convention center – running from hotel to hotel or even hotel to convention center.
- Helping with Room Changes
- Work with IRT and panels, and learn what goes on behind the scenes.
- Assembling swag bags or handing out program books
Set-Up / Tear-Down Team:
- The Set-Up/Tear-Down Team is part of the Volunteers Department! The Set-up and Tear-down teams work in tandem, directly with ACen staffers to make sure Anime Central gets up and running on time and without a hitch. We are looking for Volunteers who can commit to helping before and/or after Con.
How to Apply:
- If interested in volunteering any and all days of ACen, please fill out the Volunteers Sign Up form. (Feel free to volunteer all weekend if you would like!)
- Remember, you must be 18 or older to volunteer and must have an ACen issued membership badge or pass. (ID will be required upon sign up)